Heretic's Firemace

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
gerolf

Heretic's Firemace

Post by gerolf »

If you can't see it, it's on the bottom of the stick, a large black square, and there's a smaller one on the spinning circle.
If you can't see it, it's on the bottom of the stick, a large black square, and there's a smaller one on the spinning circle.
MACEA0.png (3.17 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
Not sure where to put this, because it isn't a ZDoom problem, but rather a graphical problem from Heretic. It's the Firemace. When you use full screen HUD (or just no HUD) it shows up like in the picture I have attached. It is not a ZDoom problem because it looks like this in the files as well. Not sure if it's just my WAD since I asked a friend who owns Heretic and he said it was the same for him. It looks like it could be an easy edit, but just wanted to know if EVERYONE has this problem, or if it's just me and my friends WAD file.

Also again, I was not sure where to put this as this is not ZDoom related, so if I somehow did place this wrong, please tell me.
Gez

Re: Heretic's Firemace

Post by Gez »

You could have put this in "Resources" if you asked for a fixed version of the sprite.

My guess is that the developers didn't notice it because it was hidden by the status bar.

Note that MACEB0 also suffers from the smaller black rectangle on the spinning part.

Here's some lazy pixel editing to mask the problem.
Attachments
MACEB0.png
MACEB0.png (3.17 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
MACEA0.png
MACEA0.png (2.87 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

I guess Resources may have been a better idea, but I was thinking about how it wasn't ZDoom related when I posted.

Sorry.
printz

Post by printz »

So the firemace fails it even at graphics...
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Why Raven?!
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

It could have been a problem when they processed it to CD. Though I really have no idea. Wolfenstein 3d was by Id and it had some graphical flaws, just not as easy to notice. (look at the Guard when he shoots, between his legs is a shade of purple that shouldn't be there).
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Oh yeah, i fixed this ages ago and dropped it into my autoloads. Mostly forgot about it since then. (I have a handful of other visual tweaks/fixes that I've gotten particularly used to by now.)
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Similar problem with the gargoyle: in one of its attack or maybe death frames, it has a stray blue pixel.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

And while we are picking on Heretic, don't forget the dark line on the top of BEASI5.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Yeah, I don't think they'd be that lazy to not fix it if they had known about it when Heretic first came out. Many machines could not run the game without the HUD without it over lagging. ZDoom also fixes the pixelation of the art so then you probably would not have noticed as much, but now you really can see it, but again it isn't ZDoom's fault if the art itself is messed up.

Return to “Resources”