- Great moments in original Doom games (e.g. UDoom, Doom2, Final Doom)
- Greatest classic projects of all time (e.g. stuff like Batman Doom, Cleimos, Memento Mori, Alien Vanguard)
- Greatest effects in classic projects (e.g. bridges, texture effects, other magic that was genious for the past)
- Greatest modern projects (e.g. Action Doom, RTC-3057, Epic)
- Generally any kind of Doom screenshots that is a blast and shows of incredible work of any kind, wether it's a wad, a map, a tc, a pc, a weapon mod, a special effect, etc. Everything's allowed, just keep it interesting
- Any screenshot must be taken with deactivated HUD/SBAR/Weapon (screen fullsize)
- Any screenshot must be taken without being targeted (+NOTARGET for example)
- Any screenshot must be taken in at least 1024 x 786 resolution (the higher, the better - advanced port)
- You are allowed to use any apsect ration of your screen resolution (e.g. 16:9, 16:10, 4:3, 5:4, etc.)
- 32-Bit is allowed (the screenshots can look modern but should feel classic)
- Special effects are allowed as long as they are part of the mod/project (yes to UTNT flames in UTNT, no to enhanced particles in Batman Doom for example)
- When submitting something, you have to name the project title, the file link, the author and one sentence which describes why it is so special or what people can see
- It is allowed to show off weapon/effect mods in other projects but not vice versa (showing of projects by adding weapon/effect mods)
- GZDoom/Doomsday enhancements are fine as long as they are within the spirit of the original project (for example it wouldn't work well with Cutmanmike's MegaMan deathmatch, as it's supposed to be 8-bit!)
For clean shots here's something you can put in your ZDoom autoexec.cfg:
- Code: Select all • Expand view
alias savescrn "set ep_screenblocks $screenblocks; set ep_crosshair $crosshair; set ep_show_messages $show_messages"
alias cleansrn "savescrn;hidescrn;wait;screenshot;wait;resetsrn"
alias hidescrn "r_drawplayersprites 0;screenblocks 12;crosshair 0;show_messages 0"
alias resetsrn "r_drawplayersprites 1;crosshair $ep_crosshair;screenblocks $ep_screenblocks;show_messages $ep_show_messages"
The main reasons for doing this are two things I have currently in mind
- The less interesting point is adding these to the Realm667 as "Screenshot of the Moment", nothing special
- The more interesting thing is that I have planned to create a "Doom Photo Book"
So thanks for your support and I am looking forward to your feedback concerning this.
News from 26th of February 2012:
http://www.realm667.com/index.php?optio ... 6#JOSC_TOP
Now in development! Keep your screenshots coming!