(Resources)The works of David G

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Devastator

Re: (Resources)The works of David G

Post by Devastator »

I've been working on some player skins for Brutal doom, & I'm using your marine rotations for the 6, 7, & 8 angles. Problem is, I can't seem to animate a correct walking rotation that reflects the 6 angle.
Spoiler:
Do you think you could make the A, B, & C walking frames for angle6 marine? :wub:
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Ravick wrote:Cool! It was nonsense that any guy with different gun had aa diferent uniform.
Recognition. It's not a "realism" trait at all, it's a gameplay one. It's problematic when you can only tell enemies apart after they attack... A gun wouldn't be that quickly notable.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Also, it's not unusual to have different branches of the same uniformed services wearing different uniforms and issued with different weapons and kit anyway.

But, yeah, what NeuralStunner said.
Devastator

Post by Devastator »

Here's a better idea of what I'm talking about
Spoiler:
I mirrored the legs of angles 2 & 3 for your angles 7 & 8, but it doesn't look quite right. If you could come up with walking animations for 6, 7, & 8, that are correct to their opposing angles (2, 3, & 4) I would be eternally greatful.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

@Tormentor667: Will do
@Ravick: I will see what i can do
@Devastator: Yes you may use them and in regards of walking frames, that is something that has been in the works for a while, the biggest pain in the ass right now is the rifle movement and the helmet, but with a scanner, that is no longer a stopping point for me, I will see what i can do.

Now here is a full set of pain rotation for the imp.
Attachments
Will also include the other 5 rotations as well
Will also include the other 5 rotations as well
ImpPain 678.PNG (2.66 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
Imp pain Frame.zip
FunFact: his right hand(your left) is the same one in the attack animation, so there.
(12.25 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
JoeyTD
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by JoeyTD »

David G.... Keep it up.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

JoeyTD wrote:David G.... Keep it up.
Oh yes!
printz

Post by printz »

All these sprite variations might work well for a Doom enhancer mod type I guess.

Frankly, what the heck. Why doesn't someone assemble all these resources together into a death state randomizer mod?

Keep it up!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

printz wrote:someone
Don't let me stop you. ;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Ghastly is already at it :) Feel free to help him ;)
http://forum.realm667.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1105
Akira_98

Post by Akira_98 »

Oh cool, glad somebody got on it. Asked about it almost a year ago (dang) around the time David was busy so it didn't work out. Glad this is back as well though. :)
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Tormentor667 wrote:
Ghastly is already at it :) Feel free to help him ;)
http://forum.realm667.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1105
Not a randomizer, but a resource. 'Cause at the moment, if anyone wanted to add alternate deaths to his mod he'd have to dig through Brutal Doom, Beautiful Doom and a few others.
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

Sorry for the big botta-bump, but I just redid that "[with] shitty mancubus death" sheet.
And yes, the ribcage is collapsing in itself; otherwise, it looks as if he is barely holding himself up :? .
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

No biggie, definitely an awesome improvement :) . Anyways, I shall show off a bit of work in progress since I don't want to replay on this thread without something to show for it. By the way, I apologize for not getting anything worth-wild done here this time.
Attachments
Here is a chaingun zombie if he were no bigger then the others and just for the record I started this during my long absence. There are however, some disproportions here and there, especially when you see that A3 and A7 have the same feet as the marine. Have yet to do pain rotaions based on the chaingun major or marine if you will. Speaking of rotations, just got done B6( for those who may not know, the A6 ,7 and 8 can be found in the alpha doom wads) and I have yet to add the rifle correctly for the other frames especially for the pain frame. Which by the way I can not decide if the rifle is rotating collectedly, for it also tilts forward a little. Still have yet to find a good method of drawing when using the scanner and figuring out if I am doing something right. That is all for now.
Here is a chaingun zombie if he were no bigger then the others and just for the record I started this during my long absence. There are however, some disproportions here and there, especially when you see that A3 and A7 have the same feet as the marine. Have yet to do pain rotaions based on the chaingun major or marine if you will. Speaking of rotations, just got done B6( for those who may not know, the A6 ,7 and 8 can be found in the alpha doom wads) and I have yet to add the rifle correctly for the other frames especially for the pain frame. Which by the way I can not decide if the rifle is rotating collectedly, for it also tilts forward a little. Still have yet to find a good method of drawing when using the scanner and figuring out if I am doing something right. That is all for now.
JoeyTD
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by JoeyTD »

O.O
Looks like skin 687 on skulltag forums is getting a update.

When your done with them.

Return to “Resources”