EDIT from April 16 2012.DOWNLOAD LINK http://www.mediafire.com/?p7s659w84jndwa4
Link for the latest Zdoom version : http://svn.drdteam.org/zdoom/
This wad doesn't work on the 2.5.0 last public version, you need a recent developpement version to run it.
So, yes, I'm back with a vengeance "shit" may think some of you
Well, things have evolved quite much since last time , as you can see, the title changed to be more fitting the whole thing.
Yes, it is mixing Touhou, Doom and YTP. Yes, I know that many people find this irritating no need to let me know, just ignore it if you hate this I'll understand
So what is the new stuff? 3 playable characters.
Namely the doomguy , Reimu from Touhou and King Harkinian from Zelda CD-i. They all have their own amount of health, arsenal and speed. (Reimu also jumps higher).
Weapons are mostly custom weapons, some from scratch, some from realm 667.
- Doomguy : the only one who has "bullet" weapons.
His arsenal is different than the usual one, focused on high-rate firing weapons (and believe me, you need this!). He's quite fast and his health is normal.
- King Harkinian : health starts at 150 and can reach 300. His arsenal is quite polyvalent though, the weakest of the three. He's the slowest character.
- Reimu : health starts at 50 to 100. Hyper fast, and throws her usual cards without any need for ammo, which can be quite powerful. Upgrades are hidden along
the maps. Bombs will be featured from episode 2 (you know , stuff like in shott'em up "cleaning" a room.) 8 skill levels
The 4 first are the "regular" ones, after it's a bit different.
- I eat cybies for breakfast : like nightmare but without respawn. Though , you take more damage.
- Lunatic : the hardest one in my point of view, many monsters replaced by stronger ones and you take a shitload of damage.
- Utsuho's playground : one shot, one kill and monsters respawn. More tailor-made for Reimu.
- Betruger Surprise Party : reintroduce pain elementals and archviles (custom graphics) in the maps. It's like in "I'm too young to die" but pain elementals will kindly fill the rooms. New monsters
They're all customized. There is no equivalent of posthumans here, they're all throwing "balls". The idea being of introducing a gameplay a bit like "bullet hell" shoot'em up. (don't worry, I don't mean by this a fucked up difficulty, this is designed, hopefully, for every kind of skill.)
There are for now three bosses (two "mid-boss" and one boss) ready for now.
The game will feature 4 episodes in the end (more or less planning to do 28 maps.). Gameplay and universe vary from one episode to another (at least, planned to be like this.)
- Knee-Deep in the Poop : Takes place in a corrupted Hyrule. Introducing you softly to the "bullet hell" stuff.
- The Chores of Hell : Kind of "rethinking" of Touhou 11 (subterranean animism for those who play this). So, mainly underground maps and such. The bosses of Touhou 11 will be featured here. (WIP)
- Scarlet Inferno : Takes place in the scarlet mansion of Touhou 6. Many bosses will be there too.
- The Final Cuntdown : Takes place in Phobos and on earth with demons corrupted by McRonald Donald. This is planned to be more a mix between gameplay like a Hell Revealed and the one of Scarlet Inferno.
The demo features the first episode (7 maps including one secret), Knee-deep in the poop, reworked since the last time I published here. You'll also find an excerpt of episode 2 (map 8 and 9) though it's still wip, you'll have here a mid-boss fight on map 8 and 75 percent of map 9. There is no exit on map 8 you must use idclev if you want to see how map 9 looks like. Here is a gameplay of map 1 with doomguy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsWTSChQnUo
Others will follow very soon, I'll keep you informed on the next updates.
I'm opened in any kind of teamwork, if someone is eventually interested, just send me an mp. Hope you'll enjoy this wad and have a nice day all