HeXen Beta resources

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Captain Awesome

Re: HeXen Beta resources

Post by Captain Awesome »

Interesting. It'd be nice to have those in an uncompressed format.
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

you guys know that alot of the Heretic/ Hexen graphics were borrowed from Raven's earlier FPS...I forget what its called....They have a few interesting variations on a few guys....
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

JustinC wrote:you guys know that alot of the Heretic/ Hexen graphics were borrowed from Raven's earlier FPS...I forget what its called....They have a few interesting variations on a few guys....
I think that the following all have Heretic/Hexen-like graphics in them somewhere: The Black Crypt, Shadowcaster, CyClones.

Shadowcaster also has a few Doomy looking graphics - including a texture that is the basis for the painting on the PANEL5 texture.
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

A lot of the artwork is similar cos Brian Raffel worked on all their early games I beleive, his art style is slighty different to the ID guys, slighty more cartoony but still reletivly realistic looking
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Enjay wrote:I think that the following all have Heretic/Hexen-like graphics in them somewhere: The Black Crypt, Shadowcaster, CyClones.
Dont forget Necrodome. It uses some graphics directly taken from Hexen and CyClones.
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

Necrodome and MageSlayer, yes they have manything that looks like hexen
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Enjay wrote:Shadowcaster also has a few Doomy looking graphics - including a texture that is the basis for the painting on the PANEL5 texture.
Some of the same flats appear in the DooM alphas. Interesting seeing that connection point between the engines.
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

i found hexen beta here http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/historic/hexdemo.zip
differences:
justifier (beta) = wraithverge (full game)
fire mask stands directly on floor and eyes is not red.
word "beta" blinking everytime.
you can do big jump from water =0
in seven portals, switcher that opens firs door located on other side of columns.
And many more...
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

Macintosh Icon
Attachments
machex.PNG
machex.PNG (1.05 KiB) Viewed 2184 times
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

RaVeN-05 wrote:i found hexen beta here http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/historic/hexdemo.zip
differences:
justifier (beta) = wraithverge (full game)
fire mask stands directly on floor and eyes is not red.
word "beta" blinking everytime.
you can do big jump from water =0
in seven portals, switcher that opens firs door located on other side of columns.
And many more...
god...I remember this coming out as a demo and i was totally buzzing about Hexen, I remember playing coop with my dad and totally owning the 7 portals lol, the beta came with an exclusive PCzone magazine which I still have that comprehensivly reviewed that game. I think it gave it 96%, a worthy score for a fantastically underated FPS. I remember getting the full version and things being slightly different, but coop mode is a great, great game, i remember i was always the fighter...
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

Ben2k9 wrote:the beta came with an exclusive PCzone magazine which I still have that comprehensivly reviewed that game.
Did you can share it?
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

RaVeN-05 wrote:
Ben2k9 wrote:the beta came with an exclusive PCzone magazine which I still have that comprehensivly reviewed that game.
Did you can share it?
itll take a while to scan all the pages and uplaod them, i guess i could sometime...
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

This WAD contains resources from 'Retail Store Beta'. The full beta of hexen. Maps not included.
DId community allow to share this version of hexen? its really very rare release you will not find it anywhere.
Or share only maps? If someone interest, maps contains some different geometry, item placement, and texts strings, but very close to hexen v 1.0. Release.
http://heretics-hexens.ucoz.com/hexenb3/HEXENB3.WAD

Images =)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LOL
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Hmm, golden wraithverge...

Return to “Resources”