This mod is simply a group of weapons that continuously regenerate ammo. However, the fuel for your weapons is your armor. Everything that can deal damage in the game overall hit harder, and with the exception of the chainsaw, no longer deals random damage. Health and armor regenerate, and completely protect you. Cover is important, as the only other way for regenerate to begin is to pick up a battery. However, enabling classic mode in the class menu will cause the weapons to draw from their own pool.
Download Link - Use the latest SVN build.
All previous versions here.
Changes: v1.52 (06/10/2011)
- Added damage type specific pain flashes, update to the latest SVN!
- Removed the shield flash effect when no shields remain.
- Chainsaw - Painlocking melee weapon.
- Handgun - Fires in bursts with unlimited ammo.
- Scattergun - Strong against single tough enemies or small groups of weak ones.
- Assault Rifle - Rapid fire with low power. Alt-fire launches grenades.
- Rifle Grenade - Arms after flying a set distance, otherwise it will not detonate.
- Sniper Rifle - Shoots exploding projectile bullets with a 6.0x zoom scope.
- Destabilizer - Cuts through enemies like a knife.
- Slow - Sacrifice Energy to nearly freeze time. By default it is bound to C.
Items: (Small bonuses and stimpacks are gone.)
- Energy Cell - Restores 10 EP and restarts regeneration. Sometimes dropped by any enemy other than Cyberdemons and Spiderdemons.
- Bulk Cell - Restores 100 EP and restarts regeneration. Replaces the armor pickups and weapons. Sometimes dropped by Barons and Arch-Viles.
- First Aid - Replaces the medikit, restores health when depleted.
- Pentagram Sphere - Restores everything. Replaces the Soulsphere, Megasphere, Berserk, and backpack. Dropped by Cyberdemons and Spiderdemons.
- Energy regeneration sometimes breaks when respawning in multiplayer.
- The player sometimes still 'lives' after death due to regeneration.
- This mod is not widescreen friendly.
- Light - HMP spawn rate | 0.8x damage
- Normal - HMP spawn rate
- Difficult - UV spawn rate | 1.2x damage
- Hyper - UV spawn rate | 1.2x damage | Fast monsters
- Another - UV spawn rate | 2.0x damage | Fast monsters | Respawning monsters | Slowed regen speed - It's actually quite hard.
- Code: Select all • Expand view
- Altered the duration of the pain flashes.
- Differences between the background and filled portion of HUD bars stand out more.
- Raised the health canteen count on the HUD slightly.
- Scattergun draw sounds are played slightly later.
- Added a draw animation to the Pistol.
- Added a fading effect to unarmed rifle grenades.
- Added a new HUD. The red bar is health, blue bar is energy, purple bar is overcharge energy, gold bar is seperate energy, and the mugshot is also in.
- Added a semi-automatic trigger to dryfire states.
- Added a slightly different draw sound to the Scattergun.
- Added an extra tunnel vision when below 75 HP.
- Added BRIGHTness to hitscan sparks.
- Added Regiguns Classic mode, where weapons draw from a seperate pool rather than armor.
- Added increased energy drops to certain enemies.
- Added light changes to Destabilizer.
- Added sparks to Destabilizer.
- Added sparks to projectile bullets.
- Added yellow sparks to bullet puffs.
- All explosions are rendered translucent.
- Arch-Viles no longer 'fidget' when not alarmed.
- Cyberdemons and Spiderdemons no longer suffer splash damage.
- Changed Nazi bullet puff to the plasma bullet puff.
- Destabilizer is always rendered BRIGHT.
- Edited chainsaw to spawn sparks when hitting bloodless objects.
- Explosive barrels completely stop while exploding.
- Health canteens can save you from death.
- Health canteens heal in whole rather than serving as a second health bar.
- Increased amount of sparks spawned by puffs.
- Increased holstering speeds of all weapons.
- Increased player health to 75 HP.
- Increased recoil of the Assault Rifle.
- Increased recoil of the Pistol.
- Increased recoil of the Rifle Grenade.
- Increased recoil of the Scattergun.
- Increased ricochet sound volume.
- Increased recovery from Bulk Energy Cells to 200 EP.
- Increased recovery from Energy Cells to 20 EP.
- Increased strength of pain shake.
- Reduced Arch-Vile explosion height.
- Reduced burst delay of the Pistol.
- Reduced Cacodemon health to 300 HP.
- Redcued damage of the Pistol to 15.
- Reduced draw speed of Destabilizer.
- Redcued Health Canteen capacity to 3.
- Reduced health regeneration delay.
- Reduced Nazi health to 50 HP.
- Reduced Revenant health to 300 HP.
- Reduced size of blood splatters.
- Reduced viewing height of the player, but shots still align to the crosshair.
- Removed all Doom 64 sprites.
- Removed health damage caused by Destabilizer.
- Replaced the current damage effect with a more opaque one.
- Zombies fire tracers much higher.
- Added a key pickup sound.
- Added a new raise sound for the Pistol.
- Added a new shield damage graphic.
- Added a new sprite for the Scattergun.
- Aggressiveness maximized for all difficulty levels.
- Assault Rifle spread increased.
- Beefed up the Destabilizer.
- BRIGHTness on exploding barrels removed.
- Chainsaw attacks faster.
- Changed unarmored pain graphic to a recolored shield damage graphic.
- Descreased pistol damage to 20.
- Destabilizer saps 25 HP.
- Destabilizer splash damage no longer hurts the user.
- Enemies infinitely respawn on Another difficulty every 45 seconds.
- Fixed energy pickups for weapons replacements not being the pickup version.
- Grenades arm after flying a set distance, otherwise they will hit the target without exploding but dealing direct hit damage.
- Grenades consume more energy.
- Grenades deal 128 less splash damage.
- Health canteen capacity reduced to 100 HP.
- Increased Cacodemon health to 400.
- Increased Pistol recoil.
- Increased Pistol shot spread.
- Increased Revenant health to 400.
- Increased Sniper Rifle direct hit damage to 1000.
- Repositioned backup health bar on HUD.
- Scattergun can fire up to 8 shots at 100 EP.
- Scattergun deals up to 150 damage when all pellets are absorbed. Seven close shots will kill a Baron of Hell.
- Spectres have 200 HP.
- Sniper Rifle slugs spawn smoke on impact.
- Pistol fires in three round bursts.
- Pistol fires tracers.
- Reduced chance of health canteens spawning.
- Regeneration wait times reduced.
- Added a different colored damage flash when armored.
- Added a time slow down ability, by default bound to C. (It is just a time freezer with a short duration. =P)
- Added a vignette effect.
- Added a warning message when Energy is depleted.
- Added new blood decals.
- Added new strings.
- Added tracer sprites.
- All enemies that drop more than one Energy pickup have been reduced to one.
- Arachnotron shots are faster on Hyper and Another difficulty.
- Arachnotron shots no longer gib.
- Cacodemon shots no longer gib.
- Centered HUD bars and keys.
- Destabilizer saps 15 HP.
- Edited with Destabilizer sprite a bit in GIMP.
- Enemies on Another difficulty only respawn twice.
- Energy pickups will restart the regeneration process if halted.
- Energy regeneration delay increased.
- Fixed Spectre obituary saying "%o was bit by a *Demon*."
- Got rid of several unused graphics and code.
- Health canteens heal all health, restart regeneration, but spawn less.
- Health no longer suffers damage when armor is active.
- Health regeneration heals all health. However when health requires regeneration, it takes slightly longer for it to start.
- HUD bars fill from the center.
- Increased shot spread of hitscan enemies.
- Megaspheres give the storable health pickup.
- Player health reduced to 50 HP.
- Player weapons can fire tracers.
- Redid the death effect.
- Regeneration on Light difficulty is ACTUALLY faster.
- Removed all Doom 64 / PSX / Saturn sound effects.
- Replaced the current heartbeat sound with a more 'hollow' one.
- Replaced the health canteen with a storable health pickup, serving as a health bar extension.
- Scattergun uses less Energy, allowing up to 7 shots on one full charge.
- Shotgun zombies fire more tracers per shot.
- Small Energy pickups restore 10 EP.
- Suicide bombers deal 128 less damage.
- Tracers are rendered BRIGHT.
- Tracers are rendered translucent.
- Added a beep in place of the wall hump sound.
- Added a dryfire sound.
- Added a seperate set of pain sounds when Energy is depleted.
- Added burning sounds in place of the Geiger counter sound.
- Added completely decorative bullet tracer along with a whizzing sound.
- Added drowning sounds.
- Added extra pickup sounds.
- Added more player pain sounds.
- Arachnotrons fire slower.
- Damage haze is less intense.
- Enemies have less health on Another difficulty.
- Enemies respawn up to five times on Another difficulty.
- Enemy bullets move faster on Hyper and Another difficulty.
- Energy pickups and regeneration amounts are larger on Another difficulty.
- Fist puffs use the flashlight hit sound.
- Fixed weapons not firing when armor is depleted and a battery replacing weapons is picked up.
- Halved amount of blood spawned by blood splatters.
- Health regenerates slightly faster.
- Health starts regenerating when Energy begins regenerating.
- Heartbeat and tunnel vision delay is longer.
- Heartbeat sound is played louder.
- HUD uses SMALLFONT.
- Humanoids, Cacodemons, and Pain Elementals move faster on Hyper and Another difficulty.
- Layered Sodaholic's vein graphic over Blox's tunnel vision.
- Screen shakes a bit when hurt.
- Shotgun zombies no longer avoids melee attacks and the Scattergun.
- Shotgun zombie will stop shooting if its target is out of sight.
- SS Nazis avoid melee attacks and the Scattergun.
- SS Nazis wander around when not alerted.
- Tunnel vision shows up below 31 HP now.
- Tunnel vision while dead should REALLY be fixed now.
- Added a seperate pain effect when wearing armor.
- Added extra visual effects to the Rail Cannon.
- Airborne blood is rendered translucent.
- Commander Keen has 1 HP.
- Damage effect while not wearing armor is less opaque.
- Fixed non-mouselook friendly Sniper Rifle Scope not playing the cocking sound.
- Picking up the Rail Cannon also gives you a Pentagram Sphere.
- Players take slightly less damage from the Enforcer.
- Removed pickup sounds from weapons.
- SS Nazis are improved. (100 HP, repeated burst fire, slightly faster, ejects pistol casings, leaves decals.)
- SS Nazis no longer infight with anything.
- Added a cocking checker to make sure the weapon goes through the cocking animation if it was interrupted.
- Beefed up the Rail Cannon.
- BRIGHTend the scope sprite.
- Damage border is timed to show up earlier.
- Fixed non-mouselook friendly Sniper Rifle not being bolt action.
- Reduced amount of trails spawned by the Rail Cannon ball.
- Sniper Rifle while scoped can be unzoomed during the cocking sequence.
- Weapons with cocking / charging sequences can be interrupted by switching to another weapon.
- Added a delay between Grenade Launcher shots.
- Added a notice when using the non-mouselook friendly class.
- Added a seperate sound for the Enforcer casing.
- Added a slightly different Sniper Rifle sprite.
- Added draw animations to the Assault Rifle, Scattergun, and Sniper Rifle.
- Added the Suicide Bomber, sometimes appears in Demon spawns.
- Added the WIP Immobilizer. Replaces the BFG 9000.
- Added vertical spread to the Sniper Rifle when no-scoping.
- Current equipped weapon and map name obsturcts less of the screen.
- First Aids heal 35 HP.
- Mancubi now fire 4 shots per burst.
- Puffs spawn when you are hit by bullets while your armor can still protect you.
- Simpified HUD weapon tags.
- Sniper Rifle is now bolt-action.
- Sniper Rifle zombie fires slower.
- Sped up weapon draw / holster speeds a bit.
- Spider Mastermind ejects the Sniper Rifle casing.
- Spider Mastermind now only ejects one casing every six shots.
- Added a white flash to the Sniper Rifle shots.
- Added blood to monster explosions.
- Added blood to some player deaths.
- Added trails to the grenade and Sniper Rifle slug.
- Arch-Viles cannot be pushed by damage.
- Either rifle or shotgun zombies can spawn in zombie spots.
- Energy starts recharging after the intermission screen.
- Enforcer ejects a smaller pistol casing.
- Enforcer, Pulse Rifle, and Scattergun can longer gib.
- Fixed non-mouselook friendly Scope not removing itself.
- Grenade Launcher ejects a larger pistol casing.
- Health is fully restored after the intermission screen.
- Increased gravity of the Grenade.
- MegaSpheres replace the BFG 9000.
- Reduced amount of casings Spider Demons spawn.
- Removed forced crosshairs from the Sniper Rifle.
- Removed thrusting recoil from the Sniper Rifle.
- Renamed some weapons after Mass Effect weapons.
- Replaced several sound effects.
- Ricochet hit sounds are at their original volume.
- Sniper Rifle firing animation looks less static.
- Added a grenade launcher attack to the Pulse Rifle.
- Added a new sound to the Enforcer.
- All enemies are down to their original size.
- Beefed up the Sniper Rifle.
- BRIGHTended more sprites where needed.
- Fixed casings not moving with sectors.
- Gun enemies spawn casings.
- Increased Arch-Vile's health to 1000.
- Increased attack rate of the Fists.
- Increased Cyberdemon's health to 10000.
- Increased recoil of the Sniper Rifle.
- Increased Spider Mastermind's health to 8000.
- Lost Souls no longer deal random damage.
- Reduced chance of small blood splats spawning.
- Removed translucent explosions from the rocket.
- Removed Doom 64 sprites from the Demon.
- Repositioned keys on HUD.
- Revenants no longer deal random melee damage.
- Scope sprite no longer bobs.
- Added a Devil Imp sprite.
- Added a non-mouselook friendly class.
- Added some more Doom 64 sprites. (Demon and explosion sprite)
- Added the 'big' pain sound from Doom 64.
- Enlarged Baron of Hell and Mancubus.
- Imps now throw two fireballs.
- Removed recoil from Chainsaw.
- Tunnel vision shows up at 25 HP.
- Added a scope sprite for the Sniper Rifle.
- Added gunsmoke to bullet impacts.
- BRIGHTend sprites where necessary.
- Certain enemies drop different pickups.
- Explosive barrels are rendered BRIGHT.
- Fixed 'A' showing up when killed.
- Fixed pistol casing animation.
- Increased the draw speed of the Fists and Enforcer.
- Increased the damage of the Pulse Rifle to 20.
- Lost Souls can strafe.
- Tightened spread of the Pulse Rifle.
- Tunnel vision now only shows up at 20 HP.
- Tunnel vision pulses with each heartbeat.
- Decreased Pulse Rifle damage to 17.5.
- Removed non-red blood from enemies.
- Added plasma sparks on the puffs.
- Added gunsmoke.
- Added blood splat sounds.
- Added new sprites for the Explosive Barrel.
- Bullet puffs make ricochet sounds.
- Increased amount of blood.
- Tightened the spread of all the close range pellets.
- Added a new blood effect.
- Increaed spread of the Pulse Rifle.
- Increased Sniper Rifle direct hit damage to 600.
- Increased range of the close range pellets of the Scattergun to 400.
- Increased Cyberdemon health to 7500.
- Increased Spider Mastermind's health to 6000.
- Added bullet casings.
- Added colored HUD bars.
- The map title is shown on the HUD.
- The weapon names are shown on the HUD.
- The Spider Mastermind's attack is less ear raping.
- Health no longer goes above 100.
- Megasphere graphic is the R667 Summon Sphere.
- Megaspheres replace Berserks, Backpacks and Soul Spheres.
- Fixed Spectre not using the modified attack.
- Increased Enforcer's damage to 50.
- Increased no-scope accuracy of the Sniper Rifle.
- Changed Sniper Rifle crosshair to #2.
- Repositioned HUD to the top of the screen.
- The bar no longers fill in reverse.
- Added a health bar.
- Added a small delay to energy regeneration when damaged.
- Removed 'DYING' text.
- Health Canteens and Hyper Packs immediately begin the energy regeneration proecess if it is currently halted by damage.
- The Baron series of enemies throw more projectiles.
- The Cacodemon's fireballs weave faster and rip through targets.
- Removed the fire effect from the explosive barrel and some enemy deaths.
- Increased the Spider Mastermind's health to 5000.
- Increased the Cyberdemon's health to 6000.
- Lowered the accuracy of the rifle zombie.
- Lowered the direct hit damage of the Sniper Rifle to 400.
- Armor now protects from 99% of damage.
- Fixed Arch-Vile dropping the old Primary Energy Cells.
- Fixed Health Canteen pickup messages saying "Picked up a Medikit the you REALLY needed!" message.
- Fixed Hyper Pack healing when at max health.
- Fixed Sniper Rifle Zombie not being able to move.
- Added ammo drops to all enemies.
- Weapons draw ammo from your armor.
- Armor regenerates all the time while under 100 AP.
- Fixed health regen going up to 51.
- Removed the Stamina Implant, replaced with MegaHealth.
- Added on to some enemy attacks.
- The Enforcer has infinite ammo.
- The Sniper Rifle has a zooming feature (6.0x zoom and slows down movement), but has no scope graphic yet.
- The Sniper Rifle consumes now only 75 primary weapon cells.
- The Sniper Rifle temporarily uses the scoped mode is a second weapon method.
- Firing the Sniper Rifle while unzoomed will inaccurately fire bullets.
- Increased the splash damage range of the Sniper Rifle.
- Added the incomplete Cannon, doesn't spawn ingame. Use "give 'Explosive Cannon' " to recieve it.
- Slowed down the edited monsters and some of their projectiles down to reguar Doom speed.
- The Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind can recieve splash damage.
- Enemy projectiles have trails (some using the regular rocket trail, a trail of itself, and some even flicker).
- Some enemy projectiles weave.
- Added some Doom 64 sprites (Mancubus fireballs).
- Removed the seeking rockets from the Cyberdemon.
- Added an HD inspired Archvile death.
- The Baron and Hell Knight spawn a Lost Soul when killed.
- The Baron attacks with three projectiles.
- The Lost Soul has only 50 HP.
- All monsters with ranged attacks leave decals.
- Enemies drop small energy pickups.
- Some monsters are now harder and faster.
- Edited health regeneration, slows down as it crawls toward the 50 HP mark.
- Fixed the Stamina Implant.
- Sniper Rifle, right now all it does is fires exploding fastprojectile bullets and consumes 100 primary weapon charges, and no scope yet. =P
- Also, the Sniper Rifle gives a fish-eye effect and pushes you back when fired.
- Some HUD progress, it's an edited version of the Real Guns Advanced 2 HUD, HP isn't shown.
- Pulse Rifle nerfed by 5 damage, has recoil, and no longer has pefectly accurate single shots.
- Slowed down the regen rate of the primary weapon ammo.
- Geiger counter click sound when damaged by slime.
- Doubled slime damage.
- Revenant death sound when you get hurt / die from falling damage.
- Slow health regeneration (1 HP per second below Another difficulty, and per two seconds if on Another) while below 50 HP.
- Tunnel vision while below 25 HP has been changed to be the same as the below 50 HP tunnel vision.
- 'DYING' will be on your armor bar if you have less than 25 HP, along with a heartbeat sound.
- The Cyberdemon doesn't fire crotch rockets anymore.
- The Imp fireball no longer deals random damage.
- No more RunHealth.
- Added new difficulty settings.
- Added item sprites for the Barrier Armor and First Aid items. Replaces the Armor pickups and the Medikits.
- Added the Stamina Implant item, fully healing you and adding 5 maximum HP. Replaces the Berserk Packs.
- One point bonuses, stimpacks, ammo pickups, and weapon pickups have been removed.
- Added the rifle (edited Raiden Rifle).
- Added the shotgun (edited Auto-Shotgun).
- Added the medikit and armor replacements, but no new sprites yet.
- Added tunnel vision while dying (edited version of Blox's tunnel vision).
- Added correct colors blood for certain enemies.
- New puff effect.
- Rifle and shotgun zombies are harder and faster.
- Added an entrance and death effect.
- Initial release.
- Code: Select all • Expand view
Sounds: Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2
Sprites: Doom 2.5, Marty Kirra
Sounds: Perfect Dark, (??)
Sounds: Quake 4, (??)
Sprites: NMN, TheDarkArchon
Sounds: Doom III, Quake 2
Please, if anyone knows where these sounds are from, tell me!
Riccola for early version testing, pickup names, and the video
Sodaholic for the vein graphic
CommanderZ for the shield graphic
Dancso for the HUD graphics
Half-Life 2 for the use failure, explosions, tracers, drowning, falling, and burning sounds
Blox for the original red version of the tunnel vision
Scuba Steve for the rocket sprite
Hexen for the Imp fireball
Ænima for the bullet tracer
Tormentor for the Suicide Bomber
Insurgency Mod for player pain sounds
Team Fortress 2 for player death sounds
Call of Duty for dryfire sound
AnotherFREAKINGWeaboo for some of the descriptions
Left 4 Dead 2 for the blood graphics
NashGore for the blood decals
Hurricaaane for the vignette graphic
Mass Effect for several ideas, it made me even think of making this mod in the first place
SMOD for the slow motion sound