The TRUE Squishy's Monster Bag Project

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Squishybrick

The TRUE Squishy's Monster Bag Project

Post by Squishybrick »

-=x] Squishy's Monster Bag 2 : Coming soon! [x=-
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Name: TRUE Squishy's Monster Bag [SquishysMonsterBagForOblige]
Creator: Squishybrick
Progress: 100%

[EDIT: Cleaned up main thread a bit and removed screenies and the older update info, vids still kept in spoiler along with original project]

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7byzydb4zqy76bs

Most recent fixes [Most recent was 5:20 AM March 20th] :

Fixed a bug having to do with the new ammo sprites interfering with the monsters (PAINA0 already used by pain elemental, changed to PAANA0)
Fixed ammo for master gun [Started with waaay too much]
Fixed pain soul obituary bug
-----------------------------

Compatibility info: This wad requires use (of the produced oblige map using my custom .luas) in conjunction with skulltag.wad, and the doom 2 iwad, along with my newer monster bag wad.

Features: 120 custom monsters, "dimensional plasma guns", and bosses.

Details: There are many dimensional monsters you will fight on the maps oblige will make, you can just only put one monster
to see specifically what they do, but it's easier for you to look down in the below section for dimensional info. (Only monster color, abilities, and
boss specs applicable in THIS project)

OBLIGE NOTE: The code is not perfect, you WILL see dimensional masters in clumps of 3 or 4 once in a while, and yes I know it's extremely annoying to kill
them.. I set the probability for the plasma gun super high so unless you don't want one at the start of every level, better just turn it off entirely..
If you feel deeply offended at how unbalanced the monster clumping patterns are, you can just edit the luas yourself..

Original wad change: Backpacks now give 1 ammo to all dimensional guns instead of 0, seeing as my maps gave them like crazy, but oblige won't, and
I also removed the fancy menu thingy, along with all the maps and MAPINFO.

Original Crappy-mapping Project Below_____________________________
Spoiler:
For a status report on the project directly, contact/e-mail me at Squishybrick@yahoo.com - Msn,yahoo messenger.
Last edited by Squishybrick on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:36 am, edited 62 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Squishy's Monster Bag Project

Post by wildweasel »

Please have screenshots or a video posted very, very soon.

[edit] Thank you.
Imp Hunter

Post by Imp Hunter »

I've got a similar Idea before, but it was like "Fire Dimension, Ground Dimension, Steel Dimension, etc etc". Anyway, keep doing it and put more details in the maps, they look to much "empty" in IMO.

Good luck.
Lolazer

Post by Lolazer »

The monsters heavily remind of OMG Monsters (and weapons)

The maps... remind me of epilepsy.
Squishybrick

Post by Squishybrick »

Imp Hunter wrote:I've got a similar Idea before, but it was like "Fire Dimension, Ground Dimension, Steel Dimension, etc etc". Anyway, keep doing it and put more details in the maps, they look to much "empty" in IMO.

Good luck.
Details are definitely not my forte`, but I'll see if I can do a quick sweep of the built maps and add a little pizazz in them for ya. ;)
GuildNavigator

Post by GuildNavigator »

I like the general impression in the "Death Dimension"... anyway, interesting idea!
Go on this way :)
Matt-Man
Location: Plasmania (where living plasma balls live like humans)

Post by Matt-Man »

Greetings, Everybody. I'm Matt-Man, A New Member to ZDoom Forums.
I'd like some Requests for Squishy's Monster Bag Project Dimensions in the Making:

Ideas for Request:
MAP14 = Tiny-Huge Dimension (All Monsters may have 4 sizes. Quarter, Half, Double, and Quad.)
MAP15 = Power Dimension (All Monsters have at least 2 or more Attacks, and 1 or more Abilities.)
MAP31 = Hitler's Dimension (All Monsters are Replaced with Nazi Guards & Bosses from Wolfenstein)
MAP32 = Mixed Dimension (All Monsters have their Sprite Parts Mixed Up. (i.e. Upper Imp + Lower Arachnotron, Half ZombieMan + Half Baron, etc.))
etc. all the way up to...
MAP30 = The True Final Battle (Similar to Icon of Sin, except that All Monsters (Doom, Skulltag, Dimensional, etc.)will be Spawned from Boss Cubes.)

You may Decide to use those Ideas if you want. Good Luck.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

MattBratt11/ZdoomFan666, is that you? Your caps usage is very suspicious
Matt-Man

Post by Matt-Man »

Woops, sorry about the caps. :oops:
Anyways, I wish I was calmed down to be back again. :)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Matt-Man wrote:Woops, sorry about the caps. :oops:
Anyways, I wish I was calmed down to be back again. :)
If you are Mattbratt, then you're ban-evading and we'll need to put you down again.
Matt-Man

Post by Matt-Man »

Okay, I decided I'm no longer a troll.
I've just made suggestions for squishy.
Squishybrick

Post by Squishybrick »

Quick question, if I update semi-essentials parts of my wad and want to announce/say it, do I do so by re-editing my thread? Or do I do so in a post in my thread?.. Or do I just not do either unless it's more than a 10% change?..
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

uh what

If you're just bumping up a number or something without having released anything, then I say just do it silently. Though, if you have released it, make sure to notify people no matter how minor, unless it's just a quickfix for a bug you just found.
Of course, whether enough a change is major enough to warrant a new release, that's up to you.
Squishybrick

Post by Squishybrick »

Oh, alright. So I guess I should focus just on completing and releasing it, THEN bother with details and fine-tuning?..
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Yeah. Only something major like retooling the maps to not look 1994-ish or changing the gimmick of the wad would really be worth noting for something like this.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”