[Released] Doomguy's Warzone With New Difficulties Available

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Doomguy 2000

[Released] Doomguy's Warzone With New Difficulties Available

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

Here it is people a new wad that you may find interesting to check out. Here I present people with 6 more new difficulties plus Hellish, the difficulty that started it all for me. The gameplay is different that any other mod out there it also has my own unique art style added to some of my own items and monsters. Below is a screenshot of the listing of difficulties.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EVGSG0IZ

Of course a screenshot of everything Random:
Spoiler:
Last but not least a final screenshot to defend the Adults Only rating I gave my wad:
Spoiler:
I explain more in detail with my trailer for my mod:

Another trailer for coming soon I posted days ago:

Well I hope you guys like the mod and let me know what you think about it if liked or didn't. I also have polls on my website in the feedback section where you can vote on what you rate this wad star wise, favorite player class and favorite difficulty as well.

http://www.doomguy2000.com/feedback.html

I am aware that I am still kinda new here on the forums and that this is my second project I have released to public eye. What this is to me is a revamp and facelift of my first project called Hellish which you can go to the project section of my website and easily download it.
Last edited by Doomguy 2000 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scripten

Re: [Released] Doomguy's Warzone With New Difficulties Avail

Post by Scripten »

No offense, but it looks and plays a lot like AEOD, but with less polish. It's not horrific, and there's certainly some effort put into it, but it just doesn't feel as original and new as it could.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Another shining example of wad-crafting (cough) means yet another breaking-out of the List of Grievances Format.
  1. Why the HELL is this 150 megabytes? Is there that much content, or did you just steal half of AEOD and fill the rest with MP3 music?
  2. It took about five minutes for the file to reach me. I am on fiber-optic broadband internet.
  3. I accidentally extracted your gargantuan ZIP file to the wrong drive, and it took a while to move it to the correct one.
  4. Just to make sure I wasn't loading stuff I shouldn't load, I looked at your readme. You list a LOT of weapons, in fact there are seven weapons on the number 1 key alone. That's too damn many. If I wanted to use the Gauntlet, for example, I would have to press the number 1 about four times to get to the one I want, more if I accidentally press it too many times. (And no, telling me to bind a key to "use Gauntlet" in the console is not a solution; that's a workaround that shouldn't need to exist.)
  5. There are also a lot of player classes. You have evidently tried to make them different, but many of them seem to start with almost every weapon you'd ever need, making it kind of pointless to even pick up more weapons.
  6. Your PK3 files are merely zipped WADs. Don't do this! It wastes memory, and you're supposed to be using the PK3 to store the data.
  7. Actually starting this now. I will not load your music packs as my tastes don't fall under your categories. I've loaded Epic2.wad to play with it.
  8. I am assaulted with a massive wall of text when selecting any difficulty level.
  9. Your difficulty levels are not arranged very intuitively; I assumed "Icon of Eternity" was equivalent to Doom's "Hurt Me Plenty" but realized it was actually an entirely separate game mode. So I picked Marine Assault instead. I hope I don't regret that.
  10. The noise some monsters make before they even wake up (like chainsaw noises) kind of ruins some ambushes.
  11. The Karasawa? The Unmaker? Oh great, those aren't even yours! You don't even properly credit half the authors in your text file, instead most of the stuff you grabbed from the Realm667 Bestiary and Armory is only credited to Tormentor. Like hell. Torm probably had no part in any of the three Dark Imps, the Dune Warrior, the Satyr...I could go on!
  12. Oooh, a marine that drops landmines at his feet. HOW THREATENING, considering he's a Revenant replacement!
  13. Why does almost every health pickup give you Berserk status?!
  14. Pistol marines take far too much damage.
  15. Oooh. An INVISIBLE chainsaw marine. Cute.
  16. Powerslave's flamethrower appears and is just a rocket launcher.
  17. "Picked up a rocket launcher from the future!" And the difference between this and the Powerslave one is...what, exactly?
  18. The Plasma Beam is powerful enough that an Imp replacement SHOULD NOT BE CARRYING IT. Epic2.wad, Map02, first room - took me five tries to finish it because of one guy with a plasma beam.
  19. I restarted on a different "mode" and found a bunch of Beavis clones that dropped whoopie cushions. Mature. I'm half tempted to stop playing right now, but I continue as a public service to anybody else that thinks they might even slightly be interested in this uninspired hunk of poo.
  20. oh great, AND the fucking Shadow Warrior shotgun we've seen in more than one hundred other Doom mods, I AM NOT JOKING.
  21. Flying cyberdemon heads.
  22. The photograph of the guy in boxers is irritating. Actually, that's not a strong enough word. Fortunately for you I don't have the patience to come up with a stronger one.
  23. Why did you rip the black guy from Batman Doom? Futhermore, why did you make an INVISIBLE VERSION of him?
  24. Millions of useless items that do absolutely nothing and aren't funny.
  25. The playboy magazine...just spawns a gigantic naked woman. This absolutely does not need to be in the WAD.
  26. Tourettes Guy is NOT funny, and he certainly doesn't make a good enemy, especially not when every single attack he has will morph you into a chicken or a pig.
  27. Oh boy, someone else used Bashe's HL magnum rip that has the weapon MAGICALLY CHANGE SIZE AND SHAPE WHEN FIRING
  28. I've had it with this.
[edit] Oh, you asked for a star rating? How about 0.01 stars out of five? I'm not convinced you put any actual effort into this at all outside of probably breaking your Ctrl, C, and V keys from all the copy and paste jobs you did here.

[edit2] And what's with the trend of newbies naming themselves Doom____ lately? Doomer, Doomguy, Doomlord, Doomkilla, Doomspongecake...well not all of those have been taken yet to my knowledge, but shit, be a little more original. =P
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

This is all Ghastly's fault. Why'd you have to go and alert him to the existence of Realm 667?

Nah, just kidding. He'd have just ripped them from other wads anyway. :P

I wish this was a jokewad, but it's apparently supposed to be serious. Apparently.
Last edited by Ethril on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Salad Viking

Post by Salad Viking »

I suppose I can say you're off to a good learning start, but please, don't drop abominations like this on us or we'll have no choice but to kill you. This community has had to deal with 17 years of shit just like this.
DoomSplitter

Post by DoomSplitter »

wildweasel wrote: [edit2] And what's with the trend of newbies naming themselves Doom____ lately? Doomer, Doomguy, Doomlord, Doomkilla, Doomspongecake...well not all of those have been taken yet to my knowledge, but shit, be a little more original. =P
Your forgeting someone....

Edit: The link isn't working for me.
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

PUT SOME EFFIN' EFFORT INTO THIS!

All I had to do was look at the screen shots and now I've been put off my coffee. I love my coffee.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

At first I was like :D because the laughable video, the over-abundance of difficulty levels and inappropriate adult content told me this was a parody or mock-wad, but then I was like :x when I realised it was just another randomiser crammed with unoriginal stolen content, and not a purposely bad joke.
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

I wanted to dislike this until I went back to the first post and watched the videos. Those vocals are priceless.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

wildweasel wrote:Another shining example of wad-crafting (cough) means yet another breaking-out of the List of Grievances Format.
  1. Why the HELL is this 150 megabytes? Is there that much content, or did you just steal half of AEOD and fill the rest with MP3 music?
  2. Just to make sure I wasn't loading stuff I shouldn't load, I looked at your readme. You list a LOT of weapons, in fact there are seven weapons on the number 1 key alone. That's too damn many. If I wanted to use the Gauntlet, for example, I would have to press the number 1 about four times to get to the one I want, more if I accidentally press it too many times. (And no, telling me to bind a key to "use Gauntlet" in the console is not a solution; that's a workaround that shouldn't need to exist.)
  3. There are also a lot of player classes. You have evidently tried to make them different, but many of them seem to start with almost every weapon you'd ever need, making it kind of pointless to even pick up more weapons.
  4. Your PK3 files are merely zipped WADs. Don't do this! It wastes memory, and you're supposed to be using the PK3 to store the data.
  5. I am assaulted with a massive wall of text when selecting any difficulty level.
  6. Your difficulty levels are not arranged very intuitively; I assumed "Icon of Eternity" was equivalent to Doom's "Hurt Me Plenty" but realized it was actually an entirely separate game mode. So I picked Marine Assault instead. I hope I don't regret that.
  7. The noise some monsters make before they even wake up (like chainsaw noises) kind of ruins some ambushes.
  8. The Karasawa? The Unmaker? Oh great, those aren't even yours! You don't even properly credit half the authors in your text file, instead most of the stuff you grabbed from the Realm667 Bestiary and Armory is only credited to Tormentor. Like hell. Torm probably had no part in any of the three Dark Imps, the Dune Warrior, the Satyr...I could go on!
  9. Oooh, a marine that drops landmines at his feet. HOW THREATENING, considering he's a Revenant replacement!
  10. Why does almost every health pickup give you Berserk status?!
  11. Pistol marines take far too much damage.
  12. Powerslave's flamethrower appears and is just a rocket launcher.
  13. "Picked up a rocket launcher from the future!" And the difference between this and the Powerslave one is...what, exactly?
  14. I restarted on a different "mode" and found a bunch of Beavis clones that dropped whoopie cushions. Mature. I'm half tempted to stop playing right now, but I continue as a public service to anybody else that thinks they might even slightly be interested in this uninspired hunk of poo.
  15. oh great, AND the kek'n Shadow Warrior shotgun we've seen in more than one hundred other Doom mods, I AM NOT JOKING.
  16. Flying cyberdemon heads.
  17. The photograph of the guy in boxers is irritating. Actually, that's not a strong enough word. Fortunately for you I don't have the patience to come up with a stronger one.
  18. Why did you rip the black guy from Batman Doom? Futhermore, why did you make an INVISIBLE VERSION of him?
  19. Millions of useless items that do absolutely nothing and aren't funny.
  20. The playboy magazine...just spawns a gigantic naked woman. This absolutely does not need to be in the WAD.
  21. Tourettes Guy is NOT funny, and he certainly doesn't make a good enemy, especially not when every single attack he has will morph you into a chicken or a pig.
  22. I've had it with this.
[edit] Oh, you asked for a star rating? How about 0.01 stars out of five? I'm not convinced you put any actual effort into this at all outside of probably breaking your Ctrl, C, and V keys from all the copy and paste jobs you did here.

[edit2] And what's with the trend of newbies naming themselves Doom____ lately? Doomer, Doomguy, Doomlord, Doomkilla, Doomspongecake...well not all of those have been taken yet to my knowledge, but shit, be a little more original. =P
1. It's 150 mega bytes with the entire realm667 bestiary with some weapons that I liked from the armory, and most of the items from the Item store. I have also added some of my own monsters including some items that have never been before seen. I used an Mp3 for the intro that's about it. I did credit some bands in the readme such as Alvin and the Chipmunks for the chipmunk baron sounds, but that was from a cartoon show.

2. It could be too many for most people who are used to just only having a smaller selection of weapons but doesn't AEOD have a huge much bigger amount of weapons than what I put on there? as far as the key bind I had no plans on adding one for weapons.

3. Is that most of the player classes or just some of them? The only class that I could think of like that would have be the new age power one where you get to start out with very good weapons.

4. I put the wad in the zip file and than changed the extension to pk3 that's what I did to reduce it to around 150 megabytes. If I would of not bothered with it then it would come close to 200 megabytes. It does waste memory if I do that with the zips?

5. That is only there for 3 out of 7 of my difficulties. You don't see a wall when it comes to Hell For Beginners, Marine Assault, Hellish and DG's Celeb Nightmare!.

6. You probably didn't but then again this is a completely different game mode where the Boss Eye is there every level. That's why I put the quote on quote wall of text to better explain it further so player knew exactly what this was.

7. Those monsters are just like that according to the creator that made the monster I left those unchanged when it came to behavior.

8. I credited the person that submitted the monsters and weapons including items to realm667.

9. At least In tried something new that was never been done before. He man not seem that threatening to you but could to others.

10. You must be referring to the superstim, berserk sphere, and berserk. That's all I could think of when it comes to items that give you berserk status.

11. That was just me making a better more realistic sprite replacement for the scripted marines that are a part of ZDoom so the health of that pistol marine is the exactly same as the normal one.

12. I thought that was a demon eclipse rocket launcher that came from demon eclipse.

13. Powerslave one? I never even heard of powerslave until you talked about it on my thread. As far as that pickup line yeah it kind of was lackluster I couldn't think of a better line.

14. Yes they replace the zombieman in this specific difficulty and they have a 1/20 chance of dropping a whoopee cushion same with butt-Head. It's not like they don't drop powerful items they do it just depends on chance.

15. Shadow Warrior shotgun? I assume you must be referring to the Quad Shotgun?

16. Something that seem to be balanced and challenging to me?

17. Of course how could I resist putting this guy in the game? All he does is a melee attack and is the best melee opponent in this wad.

18. I thought it would be cool to have the black guy from Batman Doom in this game of mine. I did however create a whole new monster with his sprites and sounds.

19. Some of those useless items to me are considered to be pieces of artwork in the game for people to look at.

20. This playboy magazine spawns up to 25 different random pictures. If you walk through the picture you can pick it up use it again and again. Yeah it wasn't necessary to put in there but I did it for the hell of it.

21. I find the tourettes guy funny and you are forgetting a couple of attacks like the plasma beam and BFG10k attack added to the morph fire.

22. Well thanks for the constructive criticism and laughs that I got out of it. It seems that this wasn't for you and the people here in this community.

23. I didn't break any keys and yes I put some actual effort into it that's why it took me 3 months of development to finish this. I also playtested the spawners to make sure that there were no errors with them same with the monsters, weapons, items and other numerous things added to this wad.

24. I had the name Doomguy 2000 for a while since 2007 I seem new to you because I signed up about a month ago.
Ethril wrote:I wish this was a jokewad, but it's apparently supposed to be serious. Apparently.
You can treat it as a joke wad if you want.

Yeah people if you want play this wad just note that every difficulty is harder then Ultra-Violence.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

When did originality and hard work go to hell in a handbasket?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Big C

Post by Big C »

After seeing the first post in this thread and looking at this guy's website I think I have brain damage.

Seriously, what is all this?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:1. It's 150 mega bytes with the entire realm667 bestiary with some weapons that I liked from the armory, and most of the items from the Item store. I have also added some of my own monsters including some items that have never been before seen. I used an Mp3 for the intro that's about it. I did credit some bands in the readme such as Alvin and the Chipmunks for the chipmunk baron sounds, but that was from a cartoon show.
The Realm667 Bestiary isn't a "make your own wad" generator. Do you have any idea how many wads we've seen that are little more than a compilation of every monster and weapon on Realm667? Scalliano pretty much has that market cornered, and he's at least honest enough to say up front that his mod consists entirely of realm667 resources.
2. It could be too many for most people who are used to just only having a smaller selection of weapons but doesn't AEOD have a huge much bigger amount of weapons than what I put on there? as far as the key bind I had no plans on adding one for weapons.
Yes, except that's the reason why I (still) don't like AEOD. You need to look through your huge list of weapons and try filtering out or combining any guns that seem to have similar traits. For example, the machinegun and original Doom chaingun have near-identical behavior, accuracy, and damage - the Doom chaingun could easily be removed. The dual MP5K's could also be removed since they, too, are rather similar to the Doom chaingun. As a tool of game design, imagine your weapons not as actual weapons, but as pure concept. You have a rapid fire weapon that fires at a speed of one shot per four tics, does 6 damage per shot, and has middle-ish accuracy. This could easily describe two or more of the rapid-fire weapons you've got. And no, binding additional weapon keys to bypass the slot system is still not a valid solution because that's what Doom's weapon keys are supposed to do in the first place.
3. Is that most of the player classes or just some of them? The only class that I could think of like that would have be the new age power one where you get to start out with very good weapons.
Actually yes, it's only a few of the classes that start with a million-and-a-half weapons - I suppose Classic Power and New Age Power are probably the only classes useful in Celebrity Nightmare mode.
4. I put the wad in the zip file and than changed the extension to pk3 that's what I did to reduce it to around 150 megabytes. If I would of not bothered with it then it would come close to 200 megabytes. It does waste memory if I do that with the zips?
[wiki=Using_ZIPs_as_WAD_replacement]This wiki article might help you out a bit.[/wiki]
5. That is only there for 3 out of 7 of my difficulties. You don't see a wall when it comes to Hell For Beginners, Marine Assault, Hellish and DG's Celeb Nightmare!.
What I'd suggest doing: move Icon and Celeb modes to the bottom of the list and offer the wall of text on those, then remove the wall-of-text from the rest and organize them in order from easiest to hardest. Also, remember you can use a graphic for the skill name instead of making ZDoom generate it for you - you could use that to add descriptive icons to each skill setting's name (pictures of marines in Marine Assault, a Romero head for Icon mode, a Mr. Yuk face and caution stripes for Celebrity Nightmare).
6. You probably didn't but then again this is a completely different game mode where the Boss Eye is there every level. That's why I put the quote on quote wall of text to better explain it further so player knew exactly what this was.
See the above suggestion.
7. Those monsters are just like that according to the creator that made the monster I left those unchanged when it came to behavior.
This is about where you take some artistic license - you could modify the chainsaw marines to not rev up their chainsaws until they've spotted the player, instead of running them all the time (which by the way can't be good for said chainsaw's fuel usage).
8. I credited the person that submitted the monsters and weapons including items to realm667.
Try crediting the people who created said monsters. Submitter credits are unimportant (unless the monster is directly submitted to you by its author).
9. At least In tried something new that was never been done before. He man not seem that threatening to you but could to others.
Yes, well, Doom 2 maps tend to place Revenants in sniper positions a long distance away from the player - since mine layers don't appear to throw their mines, nor do they have any ranged attack whatsoever, this means that 4 times out of 5, a guy that drops land mines at his feet is not going to be a threatening enemy at all. Now if he were to replace Demons or Spectres - monsters that are far more likely to encounter the player in close quarters - then he'd pose some semblance of a threat.
10. You must be referring to the superstim, berserk sphere, and berserk. That's all I could think of when it comes to items that give you berserk status.
Yes. These items seem to appear far too often. Remember that berserk multiplies fist damage by ten, meaning that with every punch the player stands to deal up to 100 damage per hit, at two punches a second. Smart players that can dodge attacks (which I'd imagine is a large portion of this forum's player base) will be nigh unstoppable once Berserk status is attained, which given the spawn rates of these things is almost guaranteed for every level early on.
11. That was just me making a better more realistic sprite replacement for the scripted marines that are a part of ZDoom so the health of that pistol marine is the exactly same as the normal one.
That's precisely the problem - the pistol marines (which I assume have 100 health like the player does) presently replace zombies, which only have 20 health. Playing as the classic marine who only starts with a pistol, that effectively means I'm spending five times the ammo to kill (basically) the same enemy as I would in original Doom. This plays hell with the ammo balance making it much more likely that the player will run out of ammo early on, and in many map sets, this can effectively make levels completely unplayable.
12. I thought that was a demon eclipse rocket launcher that came from demon eclipse.
Demon Eclipse's launcher is the "Rocket Launcher from the Future!" that I mentioned in point 13. The Powerslave one probably used to be a flamethrower or something, and if you really got it from the Armory in the state it's in, I'm surprised that weapon wasn't rejected on submission.
15. Shadow Warrior shotgun? I assume you must be referring to the Quad Shotgun?
Yes, THAT ONE. The problem with borrowing resources from online repositories like the Armory is that many people have probably seen said resources a hundred times. Again, totally not joking.
16. Something that seem to be balanced and challenging to me?
I didn't say anything about how they behaved - I am merely pointing out that their very existence classifies as a Grievance and something that I feel Must Be Purged.
17. Of course how could I resist putting this guy in the game? All he does is a melee attack and is the best melee opponent in this wad.
Obviously you have no self control then, because anybody else would see him and see that he only has one frame, suffers severely from Doom palette conversion issues, and has too damn many hitpoints for an Imp replacement (Imps have 60 HP, this guy feels like he has twenty times that).

I'll counter-counter-point the rest of your counter-points once I'm done lifting heavy things in the other room.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

And now, the thrilling conclusion
Doomguy 2000 wrote:18. I thought it would be cool to have the black guy from Batman Doom in this game of mine. I did however create a whole new monster with his sprites and sounds.
Yes, but graphically he's really out of place and doesn't appear to act any different from the stock Doom demon.
19. Some of those useless items to me are considered to be pieces of artwork in the game for people to look at.
Then put them on an image-hosting site if they're just intended to be looked at. Most players are going to be too busy fighting for their lives to pay much attention to the random items they're picking up.
20. This playboy magazine spawns up to 25 different random pictures. If you walk through the picture you can pick it up use it again and again. Yeah it wasn't necessary to put in there but I did it for the hell of it.
Even if you wanted to put a Playboy magazine into the game, there are much better ways it could have been implemented - as a separate weapon, for example (but not on a weapon slot - you can keep the item in the inventory bar, then have that item give and select the magazine weapon - then you can actually display the Doomguy hand holding the magazine and have an animation of the page turning, instead of making the player toss the magazine everywhere and hope it lands on the right page. (Who reads like that?)
21. I find the tourettes guy funny
I don't.
and you are forgetting a couple of attacks like the plasma beam and BFG10k attack added to the morph fire.
Which makes him that much worse, since the plasma beam as used by monsters is overpowered and the BFG10K already has potential to instant-kill you even without randomly being a pig or chicken.
22. Well thanks for the constructive criticism and laughs that I got out of it. It seems that this wasn't for you and the people here in this community.
Hope you learned something from this whole thing, otherwise my work will have been for naught.
23. I didn't break any keys and yes I put some actual effort into it that's why it took me 3 months of development to finish this.
Three months of copy-and-pasting other peoples' work. Somebody give the man a raise.
I also playtested the spawners to make sure that there were no errors with them same with the monsters, weapons, items and other numerous things added to this wad.
Which I appreciate, don't get me wrong - I'm actually utterly shocked that I didn't see a flood of errors in the console when I booted this thing up. That's vastly more than I can say about this mod by that other guy whose name starts with Doom.
24. I had the name Doomguy 2000 for a while since 2007 I seem new to you because I signed up about a month ago.
As a general rule of thumb...you don't "have" a name in a community until you register with that name. For all I know, you could have actually been given the name "Doom McDoomguy" at birth, but that wouldn't matter at all unless you've been a part of Doom's community since before the game came out. =P
Yeah people if you want play this wad just note that every difficulty is harder then Ultra-Violence.
Which brings me to another point: that makes the WAD too hard for anybody that opts to play on a more relaxed setting. I tend to play on Hurt Me Plenty, because Ultra-Violence has pretty much evolved to be "the Doom Professional's setting" and often represents the hardest a level can be.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”