ÆoD (6.06.02 (03-14-16))

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
atar

Re: ÆoD (new patch v5.28: 10/10/2010)

Post by atar »

Nice work team for this awesome mod!But i would like your advice.I don't know if i'm the only one who faces crashes (not just the game but all the system crashes,so i have to reset it).I'm using the AEoD-EffectChoker.pk3 and the AEoDfx.pk3 too with the basic files.Has something to do with this?Any proposition?Thnx in advance and sorry for my english.Keep up the good job! :wub:
atar

Post by atar »

Major Cooke wrote:Yeah... we know. For some reason it managed to escape unnoticed and I had fixed the damn thing too.

Here is the fixed MENUDEF.AED, just copy the stuff and paste over the stuff in the current MENUDEF.AED lump.

In case if you're wondering what that stuff is about statistics, it's just for changing your coloring above the max 200 health for the huds (i.e. making your health turn red when you reach 100, yellow if 199, green if 300, blue if higher than green, etc) along with ammo.
I try to fix it using the XWE editor but when i try to run it the error message "Script error, "AEoDdat.pk3:TEXTURES" line 1:
Texture definition expected, found 'PK' " appears.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

atar wrote:Nice work team for this awesome mod!But i would like your advice.I don't know if i'm the only one who faces crashes (not just the game but all the system crashes,so i have to reset it).I'm using the AEoD-EffectChoker.pk3 and the AEoDfx.pk3 too with the basic files.Has something to do with this?Any proposition?Thnx in advance and sorry for my english.Keep up the good job! :wub:
It's been quite some time (months) since I had a crash, a complete engine crash. However, I dont use the effect choker. Still, the worst that could happen is (g)zdoom crashing, but the whole system? That's something weird and unlikely to be caused by aeod.
atar wrote:I try to fix it using the XWE editor but when i try to run it the error message "Script error, "AEoDdat.pk3:TEXTURES" line 1:
Texture definition expected, found 'PK' " appears.
There's no way I could know what happened there, and to be honest, that's the exact reason why I discourage users from editing the mod. I dont know why cooke posted that (since on the aeod forums I deleted the same link for the reasons Im about to mention), but I, in no way think that we should make users open up the files and edit stuff, considering that you change the smallest thing (i.e. a typo) and the mod just wont start. If that's done, is under your own risk. Of course, if you're an experienced user, you'll have no issue, but I dont think is a good idea that whoever wants to just play is forced to do that.

This drop stuff an inconvenience indeed, and at this point Im making a new "patch" (that being a new version of AEoDdat.pk3) to fix this. But in the meantime, the real (less "user unfriendly") solution, is to open up the console, and type:

Code: Select all

bind X "puke 800"
where "X" is the key you want to drop the weapon.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Atar: I think you misread where it goes. It's to replace the MENUDEF file, not the TEXTURES lump.

About the effects choker, as far as I'm concerned since I still use it on a day-to-day basis, it should work just fine. I'm not experiencing any problems whatsoever, and no modifications have been done to it since it's release. System-wide crashing? Definitely not something AEoD would be responsible for...
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Major Cooke wrote:Atar: I think you misread where it goes. It's to replace the MENUDEF file, not the TEXTURES lump.
I repeat:
DBThanatos wrote:I discourage users from editing the mod*...

the real (less "user unfriendly") solution, is to open up the console, and type:

Code: Select all

bind X "puke 800"
where "X" is the key you want to drop the weapon.
So, just redownload again AEoDdat.pk3, run the mod, type that in the console, and that's it.

*Note: I'll just add "unless they know what, where, how and why they're doing it"
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Yes, I know. I was simply pointing out what Atar did that caused his game to stop functioning.
atar

Post by atar »

You were absolutely right about the crash incident! It wasn't AEoD's fault as i thought , but my computer's.I really apologize for that :oops: ...About modifing the menudef.aed i finally made it to work properly using instead the XWE editor, the Slamped editor :wub: .Please keep up the good job instead our rantings :P :)
reaperofthelake

Post by reaperofthelake »

please more updates with new stuff!!!

Aeons Of Death: THE BEST MOD EVER :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

heh
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

We have lives too, you know. Although admittedly, I think I have the least out of the rest of the team. :P
krokots

Post by krokots »

I've got a question. In v.5 there were much more weapons in spawners.ded, now in 5.28 there is less. Does it mean that more weapons are only obtainable from enemies?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Indeed.
DBThanatos

Re: ÆoD (v5.29: 11/12/2010)

Post by DBThanatos »

So, hopefully this will be the last "patch" to get rid of the issues that kept coming up.

This one focuses on fixing the issue with the "drop weapon" confusion all around, and to make player classes selectable once more. It might not be elegant, but at least now you can choose your class again (no longer from the player setup screen, since Graf made clear that it shouldnt have worked like that for single player). Is a good thing to know.

Reallly the changelog is quite small for 5.29. Still, this file is recommended to download.

Get the patch here!
Spoiler: Changelog
-The AEoD Team.
Major Cooke

Re: ÆoD (v5.29: 11/12/2010)

Post by Major Cooke »

We are aware that the huds are currently disabled. We're working on fixing it.
DBThanatos

Re: ÆoD (hotfix v5.29.1: 11/13/2010)

Post by DBThanatos »

Well, fixed. 1st post's link updated. If anybody downloaded 5.29, please download 5.29.1, unless you want to play without HUD ;)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”