cyberdemon player - third person [test]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Recurracy

Re: cyberdemon player - third person [test]

Post by Recurracy »

This is the best wad ever period. A cyberdemon humping rockets out of his dick is too cool. Now that's an explody orgasm.
mathey bu

Post by mathey bu »

the fixed height is not so fixed beacuse if i put more height, the rocket will explode on ceiling!
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Enjay wrote:I have to confess I simply don't understand the whole third person genre. Fine if it is completely third person where you control a sprite that moves around a world and the camera is some distance from the player (Crusader: No Remorse etc). That's a totally different kind of game. However, any game where the camera follows the player closely enough for the gameplay to basically be first person - but isn't - simply doesn't make sense to me. I mean, what's the point? It just makes it harder to aim or to see things from the player character's perspective, the player gets in the way, angles are harder to calculate, the camera swings arround disconcertingly...
There are a few that get it right, like Ratchet & Clank (especially UYA; it let you select from several different camera following modes), and Stranger's Wrath (switching between 1st & 3rd person was done on the fly; 1st person for shootan, 3rd for melee & running on all four
Spoiler:
legs)

But yeah, 3rd person too often tends to get in the way of itself.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Enjay wrote:I have to confess I simply don't understand the whole third person genre. Fine if it is completely third person where you control a sprite that moves around a world and the camera is some distance from the player (Crusader: No Remorse etc). That's a totally different kind of game. However, any game where the camera follows the player closely enough for the gameplay to basically be first person - but isn't - simply doesn't make sense to me. I mean, what's the point?
In some games (e.g., (MMO)RPGs) it's nice to see what you've made with whatever mechanism is in the game to build your character's appearance. For both wholesome and somewhat less wholesome purposes. >_> <_<

Sometimes, though, the character's animations are the best, least-contrived way to show the character's status - what attack they're making, what kind of move you can perform next - but most of that information wouldn't be visible if your view were in your character's head. (cf. Rune*)

And then there's anything involving a jumping puzzle. Or, for that matter, anything which real-life equivalent would let you use your kinesthetic sense but in a game you're limited to visuals only.

*also the fact that playing Rune in first person even if you're comfortable without that kind of feedback is bloody goddamn terrifying with all that sharp pointy crap coming your way
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Not a fan of competitive third-person games, you can see round corners, often it's hard to navigate and hard to judge if anyone can see you, it's alright for games like Tomb Raider though where you need to do lots of jumping and stuff

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”