[Request] Top-down sprites

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Spleen

[Request] Top-down sprites

Post by Spleen »

Do any decent quality top-down sprites of any DOOM monsters exist? Preferably humanoid ones.

By top-down, what I mean is: imagine DOOM monsters were actually models. Now imagine you're looking at them straight down, from above.

If not DOOM, then maybe Heretic or Hexen at least..

Reason for this request: I'm thinking of implementing a feature where you see the top of the monster if you look at them straight down from above. I'm assuming this would look better than the current 2 alternatives with billboarding, both of which honestly look like crap if you look at the monster straight down from above. However, I'd need at least one decent top-down sprite for use in a testing prototype. It's hard to tell whether it looks better, if I use my crappy artwork to test! :P
JoeyTD
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [Request] Top-down sprites

Post by JoeyTD »

I remander is from that one day with you,xuta-woo,me, and alot of people and you was talking about some top-side sprites or something.

list:
zombie
Shotgun zombie
imp
chaingun zombie
and maybe a demon
Spleen

Re: [Request] Top-down sprites

Post by Spleen »

Yeah, this isn't the first time I'm asking for this. But this is the first time I decided to go ahead and make a topic, since nobody seemed to find any anywhere.

If you find any of those monsters as a realistic-looking top-down sprite, that would be awesome!

Return to “Requests”