ENB Series on ZDoom (Post your screenshots/presets here)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Duducrazy

ENB Series on ZDoom (Post your screenshots/presets here)

Post by Duducrazy »

I believe most people know that it's possible to use the ENB Series mod in ZDoom, (and probably on GZDoom and Skulltag as long as you use the software renderer) as first seen in this thread http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... &hilit=enb

so, post your screenshots, presets and tell which version of the mod do you use.

Palette used (Keep the filename as "enbpalette" and save it as a bitmap in the same folder as the ENB Series mod.)

Presets used (I used some bloom effect in the first screenshot)
Spoiler:
ENB Series version used: 0.074f (From GTA San Andreas)

In case you wonder why are the screenshots a bit blurry, i used a simple blur post-process effect. see the attachment below (save it in the same folder as the ENB Series mod and the palette)
Attachments
effect.txt
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Dark-Assassin

Re: ENB Series on ZDoom (Post your screenshots/presets here)

Post by Dark-Assassin »

I use ENB series made for for DuesEx and Other UnrealEngine games. Don't need it for Morrowind because of MGE (Morrowind Graphics Extender).
It comes with performance wise presets for ATI and NVIDIA GEForce.
But with most computers you have to disable MotionBlur in the .ini
And it seems to be the best one i have ever used. Still can't beat MGE's HDR Shaders.

All that is on my computer and I have no graphics card. I took it back.
So I am using my laptop which can render ENB Fine, but it can be slow sometimes.
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

MGE's HDR shaders are way too strong. Unless you're looking up, the sky always appears completely white. Apart from that though MGE is <3.

And on-topic, I don't see why you would want to use this stuff with doom of all things.
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

SlayeR wrote:MGE's HDR shaders
Sorry, not HDR.
I actually meant DirectX9 Bloom
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hooray for the return of the glowing hands mod! :P
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Doomguy needs to replace his contacts, his eyes are getting all watery.
Mr. Tee

Post by Mr. Tee »

I fail to see why gamers these days want super crisp 1948050x1604909000 pixel graphics, only to intentionally add blurriness and halos to them.

Heck, before I got cyborg eyes (read: laser vision) I used to get a subtle effect like that by just taking my glasses off. And that method didn't eat 25 fps.

Now *subtle* bloom effects can be rather attractive in giving a sort of surreal "Lord of the Rings" fantasy look for games like Dragon Age, even Half-Life, but for other games, meh, I find it looks very out of place. Especially with Doom, Doom is dark and gory. Lava-lamp blood and washed-out weapons just seem inappropriate for a game like this.

But I guess it's cool that it works tho, for people that like this washed out look. If only the HUD and full screen HUD numbers weren't affected, and the "white sky unless you look up" thing is also kind of strange.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Mr. Tee wrote:I fail to see why gamers these days want super crisp 1948050x1604909000 pixel graphics, only to intentionally add blurriness and halos to them.
This.
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Oh shock and horror, people like the game to look a certain way. The world's going to end!
Janitor

Post by Janitor »

Does something like this exist for GZDoom? I understand that this uses DirectX, which would mean that its not going to work with GZDoom, but is there something similar to this?
Mr. Tee

Post by Mr. Tee »

Siggi wrote:Oh shock and horror, people like the game to look a certain way. The world's going to end!
Easy, just stating an obvious oxymoron. And this:
Mr. Tee wrote:I guess it's cool that it works tho, for people that like this washed out look. If only the HUD and full screen HUD numbers weren't affected, and the "white sky unless you look up" thing is also kind of strange.
It really is kind of cool. I can see myself using ENB on something like the original Neverwinter Nights, would probably look pretty sweet, just personally not for ZDoom.

I have to ask though, if someone coded it specifically for ZDoom, would the HUD be drawn normally? Or does this thing apply effects to anything that's goes through the Direct X pipeline?

@Duducrazy: If you're gonna post another video of this on YouTube, make sure Doomguy's not having a epileptic fit this time ;) (seriously, I can barely see the ENB effect what with you going ape-shit on that level, hehe :D )
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

I tried it out a while back just to see if it would work,that's pretty much it.Didn't know if it provided any ideas for anyone out there or not.

Return to “General”