[Released] Titan 1024 (GZDoom)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ixnatifual

[Released] Titan 1024 (GZDoom)

Post by Ixnatifual »

This project is now released.

Features
- 10 new single player levels for Doom 2.
- Designed with the "1024" format, restricting level design to effective use of small space.
- Nonlinear design, allowing different possible routes to solve most of the maps.
- Exciting PAR times shoehorned into the level set using powerful scientific guessing methods, rather than field work.
- Requires GZDoom (get GZDoom 1.6.0 here)

Original project description
Given the recent spree of 1024 map packs being released, I was inspired to make my own attempt at mapping with 1024x1024 sized play area restrictions. I had already been thinking about a possible remake of Titan in an effort to make something up to par with Titan 2, but have been apprehensive due to the amount of work involved. After playing Congestion 1024 and Claustrophobia 1024, the idea of making a 1024 styled remake seemed the logical choice. 1024 style maps can be made and tested relatively quick due to their small size, and I figured it would be an interesting excercise as well.

Thus I have begun work on Titan 1024. It is essentially a remake of Titan, using the restrictions of the 1024 ruleset and applying the design principles of Titan 2. All the levels are created from scratch and will differ from the original levels in terms of layout. In terms of visual design, the 1024 levels draw inspiration from Titan, which should give the levels a familiar, although more advanced, look.

Due to the small size of 1024 maps, this project shouldn't take overly long to finish. Possibly I will also add an additional, secret level, something the original Titan didn't have.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Download links:
archive.gamers.org: ftp://archives.gamers.org/pub/idgames/l ... ta1024.zip
Last edited by Ixnatifual on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:53 am, edited 22 times in total.
Phobus

Re: [WIP] Titan 1024

Post by Phobus »

This sounds like a pretty good idea, and a very strong contradiction in terms :P
Wills

Post by Wills »

I wanna see the final level as 1024. :P
Xim

Post by Xim »

As long as you fix the "Titan, one of Mars' moons" story line error, then it should be good. :P

In all seriousness this sounds like a pretty cool idea. I never played all the way through Titan, but I really liked the little bit I did play. This thread has actually reminded me of it, and I think I'll give it another go. Anyways, Good luck on the project. :)
X-CrAzYkInG-X

Post by X-CrAzYkInG-X »

good work. :D
daimon

Post by daimon »

looks a great idea :D
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Map 3 is done. Off to map 4.
Spoiler:
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

im with wills, i wanna see the final level as 1024 too...

still though, this looks good. damn good.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

I already have an image in my mind for the last map. :wink:

Map04 is giving me trouble as it's not turning out quite like I wanted it to. I think I'll scrap that map and start over. As for the good news, I've completed Map05:
Spoiler:
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Map04 is now done. I'm really glad I restarted this level from scratch. I think the end result is much superior to what my previous attempt would have been.
Spoiler:
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

While working on map06 I got sidetracked and ended up finishing the secret level. :P
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Haven't been working on the project for a while but I'm back on it now. Gotta finish this sucker! Will hopefully be finished early next year.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Ixnatifual on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Glad to hear it :) Hopefully I'm still about to play it!
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Map 7 done... now to figure out how to go about Map 8 :?
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Good stuff! Looking forward to this.

Return to “Levels”