[Contest] Doom mutator contest! ENDS OCTOBER 1ST

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

[Contest] Doom mutator contest! ENDS OCTOBER 1ST

Post by Cutmanmike »

I thought I'd have a crack at another one of these wad contests, see who's interested.

What is it?

The contest is to see who can make the best/funniest/coolest game mutator WAD for Doom2. What's a mutator? Well I don't use the term often, but I thought it would be the best way to describe it. Basically the PWAD should alter the game in some shape or form, even if it's a tiny change. No new maps or anything, it effects the whole game which means it can be used with other levels and WADs.

Current Entries
  • Randoomv2 - Kinsie - Randomises most monsters and items in a map. Bosses and keys remain untouched, so as to be at least partially playable.
  • mooD - CaptainVentris - The level progression. It's all wrong. And I could swear those four were supposed to be Mancubi! And that Revenant, he isn't shooting the right type of rocket! And what the heck happened to MY rockets? It isn't random, it's just wrong.
  • oh fuck - Wills - IT'S THE NEXT GENERATION OF DOOM
  • Extra Crispy - XutaWoo - This replaces everything except Nazis and the bosses. With what? Weaker Archviles!
  • The Eye Gaunt - CutmanMike - Dodge the eye turrets and rush to the exit!
  • Movie camera - Worst - Instead of first person, you'll get to view the maps from all kind of random angles and perspectives.
  • Dual Pistols - Kinsie - Gives you two pistols, one in each hand.
  • Dizzy - CaptainToenail - All that teleportation travel has made the doom guy a bit unsteady on his feet, help guide him through the levels in search of a toilet to puke in.
  • N00B DOOM - hnsolo77 - mine is a simple run of the mill lots of monsters with random spawners.
  • Shrunken World - Osiris Kalev - You, along with all the enemies and pickups are now a third of your original size! Levels are larger!
  • Snes Doom - SlyCoopersButt - A simple text only wad for Utimate Doom that emulates some behaviours found in the SNES version of Doom.
  • Crazymonsters - The_afrit - Here, over 20 new monsters made in 3 days.
  • Smart Doom - InsanityBringer - SmartDoom makes all projectile attacks work similar to the smart missile in Descent.
  • Any level invasion - alysiumX - Its an invasion script using ACS and decorate so you can do invasion on almost any level!
  • TOZDDoom - ThatOneZDoomer - Basically, the game play is much more focused on killing and less on item hunting.
  • Endurance Doom - Supersonix07 - You start off with a certian amount of health.
  • Annoyingb - Ethril - Presenting... Something I haven't actually thought of a name for yet! "Overpowered monsters, oh no!" will do for now, I guess.
  • NAME? - Mr.Green - Changes demons into kamikaze barrels
  • explode - Parthoris - Heres mine... Humans VS Demons All the human-type enemies are Friendly... just because there a little zombified doesn't mean their psycho
  • N00B D00M - hnsolo77 - This mod utilizes Random Spawners to spawn any number of 'vanilla' baddies to insanely overpowered baddies (for their class anyway...)
  • http://www.speedyshare.com/401976578.html - Danzo - The monsters have become agile and dodgy, some of them will even jump at you, if you are close! Most monsters will now have less delay before attacking, arachnotrons will prove to be a threat this time.
Note that any WADs that have been posted as "unfinished" or whatever will not be listed. Also people with more than one mutator will have to pick a final one to be used for voting.

Rules

To enter, just post a link to the wad with a brief description of what it does (And one that is INFORMATIVE! Tell us what the PWAD is going to do!!), with a small screenshot if you like. In order to be valid the PWAD must follow these rules:
  • No new maps.
  • No new graphics (including sprites, textures, patches, the lot).
  • No new sounds/music.
  • No DEHACKED or DEHSUPP (because we've moved on since then)
  • No GZDoom specific things like models or GLDEFS.
  • Has to work in ZDoom (latest SVN if required).
  • You are allowed to use DECORATE (duh)
  • You are allowed to use ACS libraries and LOADACS.
  • You are allowed to use SBARINFO.
  • Anything else not listed is allowed. Just use common sense, we're looking for gameplay modifications.
So what can you edit or make? Anything! Modify the weapons, make new monsters, make some playerclasses. It's up to you, but you can only use resources from Doom 2!

Example

Here is an example of a valid entry:
Cutman wrote:10x
Multiplies the amount of Doom 2 monsters by 10!
Spoiler:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15336
You can upload anywhere (sendspace, megaupload etc). This example just happens to be uploaded to idgames.

Judges, voting, the prize etc will be decided in the near future if you wish to participate. I'm taking entries now, get cracking! I hope to see some whacky, fun and creative ideas. :)

Notes
  • If you post an updated version of your WAD, be SURE to go back and edit the previous post with the updated information.
  • Only one entry per person. If you post two the first one will be used, so go back and edit the first post you made with the WAD you want to use.
  • Post a decent description! Tell us what your mod does!
LilWhiteMouse

Re: [Contest] Game mutator contest!

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Seeing as I can use ACS, I'd participate.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Randoom v1
Randomises most monsters and items in a map. Bosses and keys remain untouched, so as to be at least partially playable.
Download!
The_Funktasm

Post by The_Funktasm »

You can expect an entry from me.
Xim

Post by Xim »

I might participate, mainly just for the hell of it because I'm not 100% sure if I can compete with most of you guys as I don't know any ACS.

First I need to think of a good idea.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Don't know what to call it, but here it be:

The level progression. It's all wrong. And I could swear those four were supposed to be Mancubi! And that Revenant, he isn't shooting the right type of rocket! And what the heck happened to MY rockets? It isn't random, it's just wrong.
Attachments
mooD.wad
(8.69 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
Wills

Post by Wills »

I'm working on a submission right now. It's shaping out rather... interestingly.
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

heh looks cool, since im getting more competent with decorate i should give this a try...

a really odd/fucked up mutator might be on the way from me...

of course ill probably stick to something sane...
Wills

Post by Wills »

Okay... here it is.

"OH FUCK", version 1.0!

Features Include:
- Radical Alteration of monster behavior! Imps shoot plasma balls! Chaingunners have gone insane and explode when they die! Mancubuses can fly and Pain Elementals shoot rockets out of their mouth (lots of them)! And Barons/Hellknights are the new "I hope I don't run across one of them" monsters!
- Weapon Upgrades! Weapons shoot more, have more ammo, and do more damage!
- "It's Not a Bug, It's a Feature!": Sometimes it's impossible to switch to a certain weapons or pick up certain items! This will definitely be fixed in the next version! I like to use exclamation marks!

Things Yet To Be Done:
Cyberdemon
Spiderdemon
Various props
Miscellaneous headfuckery

IT'S THE NEXT GENERATION OF DOOM -
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???
Attachments
ohfuck.wad
(26.45 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

"Hello sir, I'd like my body fried."

"Classic or extra crispy?"

"Hm. What's extra crispy like?"

I'M EXTRA CRISPY!

This replaces everything except Nazis and the bosses. With what? Weaker Archviles!

Thing is, everything can be revived.

To compensate, they drop a load of ammo each time you kill them.
The_Funktasm

Post by The_Funktasm »

This is what I have so far, not many changes to the monsters yet, and mostly for me to get a feel for decorate.
Do not expect greatness unmatched, only lols.
Total Carnage.zip
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I'll submit this one, in its current form.

http://skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18393

Unfortunately, it's not finished yet due to underlying engine issues, but they should be fixed later on.
Spoiler: Screenshots
(The images are Skulltag but this mod will work fine in ZDoom)

In this mod, you take on the role of the very monsters that you once killed, to kill other players in their forms. While under the morph, you will gain some of the monster's weaknesses and strengths, and use them to your own advantage. Swarm your enemies with Lost Souls as a Pain Elemental, or charge at them right through the air as a lost soul yourself. You can splatter them with the Cyberdemon's Rocket Launcher, or pilfer them to death as a Spider Mastermind. The choice is yours, and the only requirement is you find the monster you want to become!
Attachments
monsters-alpha6.pk3
(16.43 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Last edited by Rachael on Thu May 07, 2009 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Okay I better add some official guidelines, i.e must provide a meaningful description and a screenshot :wink:

I've been working on one myself which means I won't be judging. Also try to remember folks, it doesn't have to be a joke wad ;)
Ichor

Re: [Contest] Doom mutator contest!

Post by Ichor »

I might make something just for laughs.
Cutmanmike

Re: [Contest] Doom mutator contest!

Post by Cutmanmike »

Here's my entry for now. I might improve it later.

Killall.wad

This changes the rules of Doom2. Instead of finding the exit, you have to kill every monster in the level within a time limit. The time for each level is calculated by adding the par time by the amount of monsters (stronger ones give more time, weaker less). Exiting the level like normal will kick you back a level, so there's no cheating! When you start the game, you always start with your pistol and fists.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/scvkzb

I'm not actually sure if it's remotely possible to beat with all the doom2 maps, but I had a run through the first few and it seemed okay. Ironically MAP01 was the hardest map that I tried!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”