N*E*C*R*O*S*I*S for HeXen!!!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ShadesMaster

N*E*C*R*O*S*I*S for HeXen!!!!

Post by ShadesMaster »

NECROSIS is an expansion for HeXen which features new weapons, new artifacts and 9 levels of all-new gameplay! You have died since battling the forces of Korax but a powerful spell wakes up the dead on Cronos - including you. Retaining your ow will, you fight your way out of the Crypt into Cronos' lowlands to find the source of this awakening....

LINK TO THE WAD!!!!

http://www.zshare.net/download/618842697ac0b259/

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:
CREDITS:

David Gurrea - 2D / 3D Artist - textures used from the site http://www.davegh.com/blade/davegh.htm and used well!
Neoworm - Weapon Spirtes.
Eriance - Weapon Sprites.
Rolls - Sprites.
Might and Magic - sprites for 1st Hub Boss.
Tormemtor667 - Monsters, decorate, enviro effects.
Lexus Alyus - new music!

REQUIREMENTS: Latest version of GZdoom, Original, upgraded copy of HeXen

ENVIRONMENT: The player is now expected to navigate all manner of terrain. He'll have to jump, look around, and duck as well in order to progress. Different playerclasses have different amounts of health; all players however cannot run once their health drops to below 40.

NEW ARTIFACTS: Along your travels you will encounter many strange devices and spells. Some centuries old are still waiting to be discovered....

Image Tome of Power: An old favorite, this relic is perhaps one of the most versatile to be found, for it sometimes dramatically alteres the effects of all your armaments, always for the better.

Image Trident Sigil: This grants the player the ability to do triple the damage of normal for a span of roughly 30 seconds!

Image Rune of Protection: Reduces damage inflicted to you by a 1/4!

NEW WEAPONS: When you died, your old aresonal was scattered across the planet as Holy Relics, to be forever reveared by the Church. As such, the chance of finding all of your old weapons is slim - and a far greater chance of attaining a new aresonal of old favorites and new freinds is more likely:

BARATUS THE GLADIATOR:

1 - Gauntlets of Perdition: As always, Baratus can wield his bare hands when push comes to shove. Powered-up, their enchantment becomes apparent as you summon dark energy to pummel your foes!

2 - Axe: Using pure electrical energy, the Axe is an electrifying experience. Powering it up gives it ranged abilities as well.

2b - Dragon Claw: Only Baratus can wield the strength of the dragon, and as such only he can invoke the abilities of the Dragon Claw. Its enchantment allows him to strike targets from a distance as if they were right next to him, giving him the range of a dragon 10 times his size. Powered up, each 'punch' delivers an eight-way ripper blast!

3 - Hammer of Retribution: The Hammer of Retribution is a flaming beacon in Cronos' wintry wastes. Forged in the fires of Hades itself, the Warrior can throw it as a boomerang to great effect, in addition to bludgeoning to death his adversaries. Powered up, the Hammer calls fourth the fires of fell itself, delivering a sweeping flame attack to all who stand in the fighter's way!

3b - Sword of Darkness: Baratus now can find a serrated, undead blade to employ against his foes. This serrated slicer can dispatch most low-level monsters in one swing. Powered-up, the blade launches magical orbs that erupt in full-body explosion!

PARIAS THE PALADIN:

1 - Bow of Penitence: The Cleric now starts with a more potent weapon than before - an enchanted bow capable of piercing through multiple enemies with its' barbed arrows. Each arrow leaves a luminous trail - both literally and figuratively in the destruction it causes. However, as the rate of fire is slow, more suitable weapons remain to be found. Powered-up, the arrows are no longer weighed down by gravity, and do even more damage.

2 - Serpent Staff: The functionality of this weapon remains unchanged, except when it's powered up. It's venom seeks out your enemies in a vicious coil, and at times causes a noxious cloud to rain poisinous death upon them from above! Watch your adversaries rot in front of your eyes!

2B - Angel Staff: Shooting bursts of pure energy in its normal state, the Angel Staff is nothing to scoff at. Powered up, this Staff of Heaven itself calls fourth the powers of the cosmos itself - Parias is able to smite his foes with a deadly blast of lightning.

3 - FireStorm: Now we're packing heat! An old favorite, the spell becomes only more potent in its powered-up state, as Parias rains death from above!

3B - SunStaff: The pulsating, magikal center of the the Staff provides it with enough power to burn through anything you desire. Using the Tome of Power on this baby amplifies the strength of this beam, eah wave practically a fireball in its own right.

DAEDOLON THE DARK MAGE:

1 - Gargoyle Wand: A new friend for Dandelion is the Gargoyle Wand. Firing a spell more powerful than the Sapphire Wands' barbs, this basic implement is often enough to get Dandelion out of tight situations. Powered up, its effects are augumented with a ripper effect.

2 - Frost Shards: An old favorite, the Frost Shards are able to freeze most adversaries in place after a few well-placed shots. Powered-up, and each attack becomes quicker, meaner, and splits off into seeking fractures!

2B - Skull Staff: Using a form of Dark Energy only possible from the Outer Worlds themselves, Dandelion alone is only able to tap into the powers contained within the staffs' core. Its potency is unmatched as it launches a constant stream of raw energy upon Dandelion's enemies. Powered up, this skeletal artifact is able to call fourth the powers of the Earth to aid in its attack - a bevy of spines travels along the ground, impaling all in its wake.

3 - Arc of Necrosis: An old favorite, The Arc fires a long, diagonal streak of raw lightning that seeks out its targets and fries them where they stand. Powered-up, the abilities of the Arc become multiplied threefold.

3B - Jade Wand: A distant relative to Dandelion's Sapphire Wand, the Jade variety is also significantly more powerful. Firing a bevy of piercing darts at once and instantaneously piercing the toughest of hides, it is a tool of pure destruction. Powered up, its abilities become yet more amplified.

NEW CREATURES: During the era of Korax, many new, strange beasts started appearing in the world of Cronos. Some were summoned from the Outer worlds, others mutated from normal creatures, all positively deadly. Though their leader now lay dead, many of these abominations have either formed their own tribes, or - being simpler in intelligence - found their way into the world's ecosystem. If that weren't enough, the new rift responsible for raising the world's dead has created yet more twisted beings that now roam the lands - with many yet undocumented.

Cultist: Humans who have been spared from undeath - yet still heed its call - have devoted their lives to blind worship. Former Clergymen of lost faith sought unity with an underground sect of Mages, and they now share their powers with each other. A weak enemy if caught alone, one must not estimate their capability in groups - they gain new, deadlier powers entirely which signify the bond their new faith represents.

Ghoul: When someone dies, noxious chemicals often erode away at the bodies' interior. When raised from the dead in this state - before full decomposition of the outer body takes place - these poisons can be used as a weapon in the form of poisonous barbs against the living.

Satyr: Savage pack hunters trained in various war armaments, Satyrs bear none of the pleasantries granted to them in mythology; as brutal, cunning warmongers they have been known to lay siege to large towns with a force the size of a small tribe. This new threat is lead by the Centaurs, veterans of the original campaign on Cronos who now serve as generals.

FellBeast: The Southern Wilds are home to all manner of strange creatures - some small, some large, all deadly. Fellbeasts are savage pack hunters that seldom strike via a frontal attack - they'll sneak up on you, they'll strafe around you, they'll retreat and regroup. They plague the lands like raptors, and should a wanderer encounter one, never assume it is alone...

Fallen: Do not be fooled by Cronos' deep freeze - pockets of liquid-hot magma still find their way to the surface, and with it spirits imbued with the fires of Hades itself. This variant of undead spawns from lava flows and magma pools to catch the unsuspecting hero off-guard.

SabreClaw: A chitinous horror hailing from the Outer Worlds, this abomination can jump to new heights and scale surfaces the player would die trying to traverse. Their melee attacks are positively deadly, and they crave nothing more than to shatter you as you would do to them.

Nightmare: Undead not of this plane, these abominations of your dreams crave to put you just as out of phase with reality as they are....

Death Knight: Raising a creature from the dead into Death Knight takes powers as far beyond the effects of of rift as it is above everyday magic. Lords of the Undead Warriors, they can only be summoned by a large group of Cultists - and if there are none present, than they have already been sacrificed for the good of the host creature. Should you have to pass through sacrificial grounds on your journeys, beware!
Last edited by ShadesMaster on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:33 am, edited 55 times in total.
Dulle

Re: NECROSIS.WAD for HeXen: a True Expansion

Post by Dulle »

Man,that's looking amazing! (_)3
Are those satyrs that are showing themselves in many pics?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Yep, Vader's Satyrs and that fiery thing is Eriance's Fallen.

Looks good, and it's nice to see a Hexen map pack that technically isn't an IWad (DKotDC).
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Awesome, also, if you want to make the wands trail fullbright use this code:
ACTOR NewMageWandSmoke : MageWandSmoke replaces MageWandSmoke
{
States
{
Spawn:
MWND CDCD 4 bright
Stop
}
}
I used extensively edited mage wand projectiles in my sci-fi guns mod that allowed me to make amazing trail effects, I also used it in the Railbot if you want to see what I mean
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Heh, never thought about how well the Satyrs would fit in Hexen.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Captain Ventris wrote:Heh, never thought about how well the Satyrs would fit in Hexen.
I did. And they would fit even better with some weapons and charging attack - like the Clans from Diablo 1.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Nice shots, looking promising
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Yeah I actually plan on changing up their sprites a bit. One version will be given a bow to shoot blue 'knight archer' arrows. Another version will be given a pole-axe and armor, and will be able to charge short distances. The last version will be a mini-tank with a large mace and the most armor.

But as of now this will only be 5 levels once I'm done unless I get more mappers to help! It could be anything - say u have an old DooM 2 level sitting around, change it up so it gets into HeXen! From there it can be modified / improved / altered.

And, yes, I WILL use Captain ToeNail's suggestion!

More screens:

Imp Hunter

Post by Imp Hunter »

Dear God, excelent maps :D
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Indeed they look fantastic. I love the pinky sky :D
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Cutmanmike wrote:Indeed they look fantastic. I love the pinky sky :D
Same here. It's awesome. :D
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

Fantastic work,but is the mage only character that can you can play with?
Or is the mage only character that is done?
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Yeah, all 3 characters will be playable, I'm still implementing new weapons for the other classes. First step is to get new sprites in place, the 'SkullStaff' was made from the HellStaff and was somebody else's modified sprite - I only changed the color of it's effects to purple. I'm also searching for this 'Skull Sword' that was used in a DooM Mod - it WASN'T in AeOD, that had a kind of serrated blade and a special red sweep attack, it was on YouTube somewhere. The sprite was well-made.

I can technically find a sword online and skew the sprite and all that, but it ends up looking more like a HeXen 2 model to Sprite port than something straight from HeXen art. See, I can easily modify a monster sprite to have, say, armor - I'll jsut put a gray blob and use dodge-burn in photoshop. But creating a first person swordblade from scratch is still beyond what I can do well since those sprites are so much BIGGER.

Also I don't know how to get close-range fighter attacks working yet as the original code calls independent scripts which are declared inside, say, the timon's axe object but wouldn't work anywhere else... :P
Last edited by ShadesMaster on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

CodenniumRed wrote:the 'SkullStaff' was made from the HellStaff and was somebody else's modified sprite - I only changed the color of it's effects to purple.
That would probably be Eriance's Demon Skull, the chaingun-type weapon from Demon Eclipse Episode 2 (you got the remake sprites).
I'm also searching for this 'Skull Sword' that was used in a DooM Mod - it WASN'T in AeOD, that had a kind of serrated blade and a special red sweep attack, it was on YouTube somewhere. The sprite was well-made.
The Vorpal Blade, also by Eriance for Demon Eclipse.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Conclusion: Eriance is a true sprite artist. I can change up monsters easily because they're so much smaller but the close-range stuff wouldn't look as good (I made the skullstaff pickup sprite's spine from scratch, for example). Monster armor is easy for me because, again, it's small.

I'm good with skies and textures however. A sky I just can find any image online and change up it's colors, or take my own digital picture. I also have wooden planks that were modified from original HeXen textures, so we have those. And other textures are from 'around.'

I also have a clever convention for making trees. Trees are textures, not objects, and they're made in a cross-pattern of sidedefs intersect like how you made Unreal 1's fire. Only a tree's stump is the 'object' you place in the map. This way, I can have really large trees and forests.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”