StarScream: Good map - great map, but could be a lot better, if it weren't for a few inconveniences that a couple of areas of this map have.
- Music - eehhhh... it's fun and funky - but it doesn't quite
suit the map; plus, it's overly loud.
- Clean up the green sector colors - in OpenGL the Pogostick palette's green and the bright green hue of the colored sectors clash.
- Monster placement: evil. Especially in the huge slime room - there's way too many monsters and not enough health (the health that is there is provided on damaging floors
). Also, hell knights are harder to hit that you think in this game, so putting two together (in the corridor just before the slime room) spells constant death for unskilled players like me.
- Jumping to and from those crates hovering in the small slime pool is tricky because the room is quite claustrophobic - expanding that area out a little could help the breathing space in that room - and the crates are probably too small for you to land on accurately very easily.
- Make the corners in the corridors rectangular rather than square - so the player can walk for a bit before the camera angle rotates - right now it gets really hard to aim - and especially after taking on that invisible baron - that corner is very tricky to overcome with the huge number of projectiles streaming through it - all due to the camera rotators being in the wrong place.
- Clear up the points where the camera angle changes - in the slime room there's a very awkward point which makes it virtually impossible to aim because the camera angle (and the player) is turning so much, and the line that triggers the rotation is on a 128x128 square - which because I'm moving around so much on makes the camera judder back and forth uncontrollably. Either make the platforms in a straight line and get rid of the camera rotators or place them so no rotators are needed.
- Reduce the sheer drop in the slime room so I don't fall for ages - and get rid of the stealth demon on the final ledge - if he's in the right place he can kill you or block you from getting on the ledge and then you plummet to your death for 5 seconds.
- Why can't I get back into the final teleporter room after opening the door back to the start? You know that means I have to go through the whole level (albeit monsterless) again, right?
Nice submission though - adequate detail, good layout and nice flow, but there's a few areas in there that are overly tricky and kind of spoil the fun of the map.