Best of the Best

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
dochist

Post by dochist »

assault on tei tenga was the one that made me go "whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and so far, no other zdoom level has done that again. maybe its because back then i did not know anything about source ports or things like that. :-)
Vaecrius wrote:I'm tempted to suggest Hatomo Fights the Yomi Demons.
me too :twisted:
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Visit Jive's website http://gzdoom.doomwadstation.com/gzd.html
He has compiled a list of some very good pwads

If you are into multiplayer then you will like Mr. Rockets version of Q3's Q3DM17 (use GZDoom)
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Normal Wads (No decorate related stuff or ACS): Congestion 1024. I seems to be the few that found it really cool seeing how all that detail and stuff was cramped into a tiny space. It was fun enough just looking at the maps. Was a hard ass wad, but good fun, i think.

Customized Wads (Decorate and ACS): Zen Dynamics, hands down. It had a wide range of awesome weapons and cool baddies to kill. Maping style was also pretty unique and fun.

I also found UTNT pretty awesome as well. Played it on my Friends super-computer and it was pretty rad.

TC: Ghost Busters Doom 2. Yeah, it's old as hell, but it's still my favorite. SOMEONE FINISH IT! D:

Most Creative: Ghoul Forest 3. It's the creepiest wad I've ever played and definitely one of the MOST original. I like wads that takes the Doom outta Doom.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

dochist wrote:
Vaecrius wrote:I'm tempted to suggest Hatomo Fights the Yomi Demons.
me too :twisted:
What's so good about it? I got bored rather quickly and stopped playing after two maps...

I really always liked Batman Doom, for me still the best TC ever. Beyond, Phobos Anomaly was also very cool, not to forget Phobia - The Age, awesome creation. Demon Eclipse is awesome as well considering all the new content that keeps you on your toes :)
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Marcus101RR wrote:Best 2007 ZDoom Wad: The Ultimate Torment & Torture
*cough ZDooM?
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Tormentor667 wrote:What's so good about it? I got bored rather quickly and stopped playing after two maps
I think it's because it's got a very Doom2 map style feel to it. I didn't see that but it wasn't a bad set of maps.

Again, when are the cacowards?!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Afaik, should be around December... at least I think that's the way it was last year.
Pinky's ass

Post by Pinky's ass »

Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Pinky's ass wrote:ACS Arcade
Super Turbo Turkey Puncher! 3!
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Yeah that's a clever thing but i'd hardly consider it a real wad. The constant music playing pissed me off and doom racer wasn't exactly fantastic.

We want doom kart!
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

It'd be way more awesome if it had two player ACS games.
skadoomer

Post by skadoomer »

doomcards was friggin' awesome, along with cyb's SMB ACS game (the motherfucking killer of all hudmessage uses). I also enjoyed the megaman style doom mod zippy made a while back but never finished.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

skadoomer wrote:I also enjoyed the megaman style doom mod zippy made a while back but never finished.
Ah, to be young and foolish again.

Actually, I'm just a slow mapper. Laying out all the corridors and rooms takes me too long. What I've thought about doing though is to collect all the boss stuff I did, update with some new ZDoom features, finish the bosses that weren't complete, and release that as a boss fight wad. Skip the part of the wad that I'm not terribly good at.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

offtopic: ZIPPYYY!!! finish terror cube for zpack!!! 8)
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

It's being worked on.

Return to “General”