WWHC-Diaz + (NEW!) The VR Missions (help wanted!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

WWHC-Diaz + (NEW!) The VR Missions (help wanted!)

Post by wildweasel »

The project: a remake of my "Agent Diaz" weapon mod. I've done some things to it to make things a little bit more unique and fun, adding more differentiation between some of the weapons, removing others entirely, and adding new enemies.

http://armory.drdteam.org/wwmods/inprog ... c-diaz.rar

NOTE. THIS MOD USES CUSTOM STATE LABELS AND SBARINFO, AND THUS REQUIRES ZDOOM 2.2.0 OR GZDOOM 1.1.0.
Last edited by wildweasel on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Would it be too difficult if you went through the Deus Ex method of displaying the inventory? It'd look cool and fit somewhat (keyword on somewhat) on Strife.
Penguinator

Post by Penguinator »

...Whoa. Wild weasel is #1 again in weapon modders category for me. Good job.
By the way, I know it's a beta and all, but I think it would be cool if you could guide your rockets with the RPG via where you are looking(doubt it's possible or worth the effort, just an idea). But who gives a shit what I think, darn good mod you got there. :P
MG_Man

Post by MG_Man »

That could be possible with some ACS hackery, making the rocket guided, and Thing_Hate it to go to your RPGPoint, that would work well! But I'm not sure if Thing_Hate works on seekermissiles.

I think you should ask Cutman.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Not worth the effort, if you ask me. I could make the RPG rocket a seeker missile, but I won't bother hacking around to make it a guided rocket.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Very fond of using the iron sights on the rifle, but is it me or does it seem like using it is a tad bit pointless? (Also, it'd be cool to upgrade the bolt rifle to the scoped version)

Another bug is the raising bug, but I think you know that.

Hud idea is cool, very quake-like.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The ironsights allow you to do more damage with the Mauser. Normally it only does half as much damage as it would with ironsights.
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

And i'm sure it's probly more accurate. There 's also a slight bit of jitter with the revolver's alternate attack frames too.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Hmm... I've wanted to do a custom hud for awhile, but never got around to it. Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy as it is (I think I'm going to slide Metroid Prime 3 to the side for a week just to knock some things off the list of stuff that really needs to be taken care of, which is really saying something.)

If there really isn't anybody else willing, I can try and make the time though.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Nice! I really like the big rifle and the reloading system finally creates a use for melee altfires... I'd help with the HUD, but given the hackneyed mess that constitutes HD's score I'm probably not the best person to go to for HUDMessage-related things...

Would it be possible to make the ammo mags/clips as usable inventory items thus skipping the all-at-once status bar altogether?
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

This is really good, great work weasel, this is your best yet, love the mauser, although you have a funny way of making it, many different coloured png's.

2 things,

I should be credited for minor sprite edits, (the ones i did to the chopping hand)

And the clip dropping sounds are from mafia not half life/half life 2.

They are my only 2 nitpicks :)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

the credit list in diaz-sg.lmp hasn't been updated yet.
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

Curious, why no use of the additional frames for the Mauser? Also, the kick frames for the powered up melee seem to happen later more than sooner. If it was intended as so, thats cool, but it feels more like a high kick now. Also, another interesting question would be to wonder if you're using authentic kickback?

Anyways, keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see what the other key 5 weapon is (I already know whats key 7s :P)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Authentic kickback? You mean like in Hideous Destructor? I've considered it, but the underlying scripts are so complicated that I'm rather afraid to mess with it for fear that I'll screw something up and be unable to fix it.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Complicated? Hehe, not exactly. You'll have to figure out the right values to ACS_Execute if you're triggering the recoil script from your weapon, but otherwise, there's nothing you can screw up with it. :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”