Using the jdoom music packs with zdoom

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
akira

Using the jdoom music packs with zdoom

Post by akira »

I can't seem to get the jdoom music packs such as dj_redlight_doom_remixes.pk3.zip to work with zdoom. I managed to get the hi-res jdoom texture pack working fine simply by copying them to zdoom/textures. Any ideas?
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

There's two ways, I think you can do this:
1) Does your music have a MAPINFO? You'll need MAPINFO to play a certain type of music (if you have the music file has a different name than Doom 2) you want for a level.

2) Try renaming your jdoom music files to the same as Doom2 music names.
akira

Post by akira »

All the tunes are mp3, and are all named "MAP01" etc (and "e1m1 for ultimate doom tracks.) They are in the folder zdoom/music... should I rename the folder?
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

WRONG! You create a WAD file, with all songs in it. Then you rename all the files to fit the old midi music.
akira

Post by akira »

Ok call me a n00b but... what program can I use to create a wad (I'm more of a player than an editor :P)
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

akira wrote:All the tunes are mp3, and are all named "MAP01" etc (and "e1m1 for ultimate doom tracks.) They are in the folder zdoom/music... should I rename the folder?
That's not the name of them. D_E1M1 (an example for Ultimate Doom) and D_RUNNIN (for Doom 2). Look in the iwad.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

akira wrote:Ok call me a n00b but... what program can I use to create a wad (I'm more of a player than an editor :P)
I do NOT call you a n00b, just to clarify that :razz: You can use XWE and SlumpEd to do this.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

You don't have to do it with a wad. It's a better idea to do it with a pk3 (zip) file anyway, because it will compress the files. Also, no need for SLumpEd or XWE. See the wiki: [wiki]Using_ZIPs_as_WAD_replacement[/wiki]

It's possible to do it without renaming the files if you use MAPINFO to explicitly assign the music to maps, but that's your call. If you're just trying to replace the original music, it's sufficient to just rename things.
akira

Post by akira »

I'll try Zippy's idea- XWE didn't like mp3 tracks- it said "unknown file format".
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

That's normal, this happens to me, too.
akira

Post by akira »

Ok- I have zipped the files and everything now works perfectly. Thanks for all your help- much appreciated!

Return to “General”