XWE Help Please

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Lumpy

XWE Help Please

Post by Lumpy »

I was in the process of organizing my Doom hard-drive, going through every wad file I had on there when I ran into a problem. Everytime I open anything with XWE, and then close it, I get this annoying error message that says "File Access Denied".

Seeing as how the XWE help file is SO good, and it's site is even better. I had 2 choices: Doomworld forum, or ZDoom forum. I believe this forum is the most knowlegable than the 2 so I am asking here first.

Also because Doomworld has yet to send me my conformation e-mail for joining the forum, and I don't want o wait a week to get this problem resolved.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Delete your XWE.INI file, and make sure that your WAD file is not open in any other program before you try to open it.
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

Well that was a no go. First it spewed out an error saying xwe.ini was not found (no shit). Then I had to point it directly to my doom2 iwad again, but it wouldn't accept it. If I would hit cancel on that dialog box, I would get to the main XWE screen. But once I close it I get the same old "File access denied" error.

Also I had to unzip the xwe.ini file back into the folder so it could recognize my doom2 iwad.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

I had that problem once. Go into c:\windows\temp\ and delete any files that begin with "(xwe)".

I'm pretty sure that is how I fixed it.
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

Wolfman I could kiss you. :joker: But my wife would probably kick my ass. Not to mention that I don't play for that team.

But anyway that did it. Thanks.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

You can also unmark the folder "read-only"

Return to “General”