NashGore NEXT v1.0

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

NashGore NEXT v1.0

Post by Nash »

My arm got dislocated and I am not in the best of health. In light of this, I am releasing NashGore NEXT early as it's better to release it early than miss the previously-announced deadline.

There were going to be things like release streams, after parties and other fancy stuff planned that all had to be cancelled because of this.

I will return with a more ceremonious release when my health is better.

Please enjoy and looking forward to hear your thoughts!

Nash Muhandes

Download: https://www.moddb.com/mods/nashgore-nex ... e-next-v10
Carrotear
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: NashGore NEXT v1.0

Post by Carrotear »

So far, one thing I noticed was that the bfg and plasma rifle doesn't gib corpses.

Aside from that, this is neat or as they would say "Juicy". Also, I hope you feel better soon.
Last edited by Carrotear on Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

The slaughtermap option is a game changer. The performance hit is the biggest issue with the past mod and this helps immensely.
I like to load up Profane Promiseland to test performance of mods.
With the last version and this one with that option turned off, it's completely unplayable, sitting at 1 fps.
With it on, the fps fluctuates for about a minute then settles at 45 fps, which is pretty much what I get normally without mods.
To be honest, I don't even know why someone would choose not to use it. Slaughtermap or not. I for one am always looking for extra frames.
Question. Assuming it works similarly to Rachel's booster mod, what is the range you have set? I personally use 2500 for her mod which is why I ask. Preferably it would match up.

I had hoped the precision check option would fix lift lag. A good test spot is the lift on map09 of doom 2. Even with it off, the lag drops are pretty rough. https://youtu.be/v4o5gAgmlyE

Thanks for the update!
DarkkOne
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DarkkOne »

First: I LOVE IT. This, by default, looks how I typically try to fiddle previous version into looking (with regard to decals, etc) and over all, I really like the additions.

Question: Do I use one of the old methods to make blood colors correct for Cacodemons, etc?
Carrotear
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Carrotear »

Another thing I noticed is that the mod only fully works on vanilla monsters. Custom monster can't be gibbed the same way. Custom monster's corpses can be gibbed though.

I tested this on Random Death and Decorations mod and it doesan't work on them. The corpses can be gibbed.

Did more testing, Smooth Doom monsters and (I think?) Project malice monsters fully work.
Last edited by Carrotear on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bob Beaky
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Bob Beaky »

Man, that sucks. I'm sorry you haven't got to enjoy the release as much as you'd planned. I hope you get better soon. Regarding the mod, I'm really enjoying it. So much polish. Loving it. :)
Jay Two
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Jay Two »

This is awesome. Everything looks fantastic and runs without issue. I do have a couple of silly suggestions though: 1) add the option to enable both classic and default blood. 2) add the option to switch “gib blood type” (classic/default/both… basically the same as the “blood type” setting, but for xdeaths). I like using the classic blood option, but the gibs look better with the default blood. Just a thought. Seriously nice job though. There is so much polish and attention to detail that it’s insane. This is my favorite mod by far. I can’t play without it.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”