XWE Help Please

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

XWE Help Please

Postby Lumpy » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:31 pm

I was in the process of organizing my Doom hard-drive, going through every wad file I had on there when I ran into a problem. Everytime I open anything with XWE, and then close it, I get this annoying error message that says "File Access Denied".

Seeing as how the XWE help file is SO good, and it's site is even better. I had 2 choices: Doomworld forum, or ZDoom forum. I believe this forum is the most knowlegable than the 2 so I am asking here first.

Also because Doomworld has yet to send me my conformation e-mail for joining the forum, and I don't want o wait a week to get this problem resolved.
Lumpy
My Solution is Someone Else's Problem!

Postby wildweasel » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:32 pm

Delete your XWE.INI file, and make sure that your WAD file is not open in any other program before you try to open it.
wildweasel
oh fine you get the old one back

Postby Lumpy » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:30 pm

Well that was a no go. First it spewed out an error saying xwe.ini was not found (no shit). Then I had to point it directly to my doom2 iwad again, but it wouldn't accept it. If I would hit cancel on that dialog box, I would get to the main XWE screen. But once I close it I get the same old "File access denied" error.

Also I had to unzip the xwe.ini file back into the folder so it could recognize my doom2 iwad.
Lumpy

Postby wolfman » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:32 pm

I had that problem once. Go into c:\windows\temp\ and delete any files that begin with "(xwe)".

I'm pretty sure that is how I fixed it.
wolfman

Postby Lumpy » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:45 pm

Wolfman I could kiss you. :joker: But my wife would probably kick my ass. Not to mention that I don't play for that team.

But anyway that did it. Thanks.
Lumpy

Postby TheDarkArchon » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:54 am

You can also unmark the folder "read-only"
TheDarkArchon
OUT!

Return to General