Soundfonts

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
NantoCodd

Re: Soundfonts

Post by NantoCodd »

My bad actually. I just had heard it from Slade3 player, and not yet hear how it sounds on ZDoom itself. It sounds great and well, maybe something is wrong with Slade3. By the way, what is the best midi driver to use along with Arachno? Bassmidi or fluidsynth? All this time I always use Timidity, but some PWADs music stutter badly.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Slade uses FluidSynth for MIDI playback. So, with the same soundfont, it should sound the same as FluidSynth in ZDoom.
TheUltimateDoomer666

Post by TheUltimateDoomer666 »

I usually use CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth, it's pretty good.
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Now this is getting weird. ZBlood Map 05-Map 06 will crash when I use BASSMIDI or VirtualMidiSynth, It is okay when I use other driver than two of them, but the FluidSynth will make the Map06 music sounds ear raping. Using other soundfonts than Arachno (SGM v2.01, WeedsGM3, GeneralUserGS, etc) sounds okay.
TheUltimateDoomer666

Post by TheUltimateDoomer666 »

NantoCodd wrote:Now this is getting weird. ZBlood Map 05-Map 06 will crash when I use BASSMIDI or VirtualMidiSynth, It is okay when I use other driver than two of them, but the FluidSynth will make the Map06 music sounds ear raping. Using other soundfonts than Arachno (SGM v2.01, WeedsGM3, GeneralUserGS, etc) sounds okay.
BASSMIDI does crash for me sometimes with Arachno and some other soundfonts. However, the CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth works fine for me with Arachno Soundfont and ZBlood (even on maps 5-6)--it doesn't crash, and it doesn't sound earraping, which is why I usually prefer it over the other synths...though it probably depends on system setup, memory usage, etc.
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Yeah, maybe that was my laptop fault. It doesn't have dedicated soundcard, just a sound driver software.
Gez

Post by Gez »

I listened to CBLOOD7.MID in SLADE 3 with the Arachno soundfont and there were no volume issue. Now it's the MIDI straight from the actual game, not from ZBlood. I don't think it changes anything because they had no reason to change it for the conversion mod, but just in case: CBLOOD7.MID from the game has a CRC-32 checksum value of d9d13d1f.
EmperorGrieferus

Soundfonts

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

Cyberdemon2006 wrote:Yaay, just got FluidSynth working

Anybody got any Soundfonts to recommend?
I can recommend my Sound Canvas SC-55 soundfont. This soundfont is Patch93's SC-55 soundfont v2.2 with samples from Bill90's Masquerade 55 soundfont v006 (SC-55 based soundfont) and JexuBandicoot527's SC-55 soundfont that contains samples from original module. Link for download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnayl3v0tox9g ... d.zip?dl=0.
Last edited by EmperorGrieferus on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I apologize that your post got moved to the Gallery of Useless Bumps before. I've reinstated it. The Gallery isn't supposed to be for posts like yours.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello, some few days ago I casually discovered a rather unpopular MIDI soundfont called Titanic 200 GM-GS, tried it with Fluidsynth playing Alien Vendetta and surprisingly... It's pretty delightful! Seriously, what a cool change respect from GZDoom's standard SF2 and some other ones out there... :o

It is described by the source website as an ideal soundfont to play abandonware games like those ones working with ScummVM (graphic adventures like Maniac Mansion, Secret of Monkey Island, Indiana Jones and lot more). It has a bit bigger size than the SGM v2.01 soundfont in uncompressed format, but in my opinion the results are worth the initial loading time. :thumb:

If you wanna take a peek and try it with your favourite Doom mods, just go to next webpage and click the download link you'll see:

http://www.emu-france.com/emulateurs/31 ... 200-gm-gs/

Have fun! 8-)

Return to “General”