An Italian Clone of Michael Hardy. Something to get worried?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Edward-san

Re: An Italian Clone of Michael Hardy. Something to get worr

Post by Edward-san »

Well, he said he won't sell it. The matter doesn't change, does it?
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Judging by the trailer, this mod also includes content from Duke 3D, Blood, and Shadow Warrior.
mallo

Post by mallo »

Yup, but they are probably just copied from ZDoom conversions. (Like ZBlood)
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Luckily the guy is open to negotiation. I have contacted him and he agreed to remove the Paypal link from his website and never ask the players for any money again (I already checked it. Yup, the Paypal link is gone). Now I demanded him to shut down all download links ASAP to remove the Doom 2 iwad and replace with a freedoom wad. He also agreed to make a list both in-game and in his website giving credits to everyone that made all resources.
mallo

Post by mallo »

Cool! :D Now I can play it, beacuse that guy aren't stealer now! ;3
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Excellent. Looks like the issue is diffused quite handily. I was really hoping he'd come up with some kind of credits list, because some of these resources were really cool and I wanted to know their original sources.

I do have to admit, playing this was kind of enjoyable in a 'holy crap, this is wild!' kinda way... like most other Skulltag invasion mods, frankly. So if he cleans up all the legal issues, I think things will be settled rather nicely.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Wow. Just... Damn. This is bad. Not just bad, this is Doomguy's Warzone-tier bad. Still... I somehow want to play this. At least he stole everything from good mods. :?

Sidenote: I'm pretty sure that all that Jesus-shooting will cause a lot of bonus shit, aside from the stealing.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Ribo Zurai wrote:Sidenote: I'm pretty sure that all that Jesus-shooting will cause a lot of bonus shit, aside from the stealing.
I was far less disgusted about it when I remembered that it came out of Italy. This is Catholicism he's poking fun of, something I'm not exactly in much support of.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Can anyone link me to the full credits. Im gonna go wad hunting after this.
Big C

Post by Big C »

I'm a bit late to the party and I'm watching the trailer and my facial expression is slowly changing from "oh dear god NO" to "oh dear god ahahahahahahahaha what the hell is this shit".
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

bah! another Hardy´s fan now what?
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

He also took stuff from Lunatic as well. Judging from the trailer, he took the decorate from one of my monsters in Doomguy's Warzone.
mallo

Post by mallo »

I don't understand the site. Google translate can't detect languange. ;_;
Can somebody say me what's the story of the game?
And the credit list will be after the full game's release, right?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

I was curious the first time, seeing a standalone mod made by an Italian like me, but when i saw the lack of custom stuff, and i saw that it's basically a big, poor,mashup of the greatest wads made without even proper credits... I didn't know what to say.
I am really ashamed, it's a dishonour for every Italian modder out there...
I really hope that he'll keep his promise to add credits and remove paypal.

About the Faq on the site, here's a translation of the third chapter:

Original:
3) "LA VERSIONE FINALE SARA' A PAGAMENTO?"
Sono disoccupato al momento e in questi tempi di merda un aiuto non mi farebbe male, soprattutto perchè così potrei lavorare al gioco a tempo pieno e continuare a riempirlo di stronzate sempre più incredibili. Se il gioco vi piacerà e sarete disposti a comprarlo (se riesco a venderlo per pochi euro con un sistema assolutamente legale ovviamente) mi piacerebbe rilasciarlo dentro una scatola rigida come i giochi vecchi di una volta, con un manuale e il cd del gioco con numerosi extra, tipo la colonna sonora, i poster, e tutte le altre boiate che possono venirmi in mente. Vi terrò aggiornati, intanto tornerò a lavorare alla versione finale da subito! Nel frattempo, se vi siete divertiti a sbudellare la gente, ad aiutare Emilio Fede contro gli zombi e avete goduto sparando a Vasco, potete aiutarmi con una donazione cliccando sul tasto in fondo alla pagina.​

3) "WILL WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE FINAL VERSION?
I haven't got a job and in these shitty times a little help wouldn't hurt, expecially because i could work on the game for all the game and continue to fill it with more shit. If you'll like the game and you'll buy it (if i'll manage to sell it for a couple euros and an absolutely legal system) i'd like to sell it in a box like the ol' games, with an enstruction book and a cd with alot of extras, like the soundtrack, posters, and all the other shit i can think of. I'll keep you updated, meanwhile i'll work on the final version starting from now! But if you liked to tore up people, help Emilio Fede agaist the zombies and liked to shoot Vasco, you can help me with a donation by clicking on the button on the bottom of the page.

Honestly, thinking about it, i don't even want him to put the credits on the pages, i don't want to see my name on that shit, since he used my Cannon weapon.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

Well if he does keep his promises as far as credits, he jolly well better put my name in the credits, since he took some decorate coding from Doomguy's Warzone. He probably took your cannon from Warzone since I put it in there myself as a hidden weapon. There's no reason as to why I should pay any money to buy his game when he took stuff from other mods. It's different when it's a stand alone game with original resources, that's actually worth paying money for.

Return to “General”