An Italian Clone of Michael Hardy. Something to get worried?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
mallo

Re: An Italian Clone of Michael Hardy. Something to get worr

Post by mallo »

WHAT. THE. HELL.

I watched part of the "trailer" and i see that author is like, 8 years old! I mean, to stole stuff from many other PWADs, and uh, trying to sell it, is like, uh, illegal or something.

Plus he stole stuff from Batman Doom plus Doom Center. He stole stuff from Batman Doom and Doom Center. HE STOLE STUFF FROM BATMAN DOOM AND DOOM CENTER. I hate him already.

And thinkink that killing nude gays is funny is... uh... Distrubing. D: I mean, it's like he's got a scar on his mind since age of 5! :cry: (And 3 years is too less to forget it).
Plus he's offending pope (or somebody like that). I mean, i understand he may be atheist, but it's not good to offend other religions. (Christian, Satanism, Jewish, Inglip...) D:

This is bullshit. D:
Why not write to somebody? I mean, it's selling unofficial mod for the payable game. Isn't that illegal?

EDIT: Hey, where's that's Ka-me-ha-me-ha and squid from?
Nash

Post by Nash »

The giant squid was made by Cutmanmike many years ago... there's a thread here on these forums if you know where to look.

It DOES seem like he practically threw EVERYTHING the Doom community has ever made into one WAD...

EDIT: Holy shit, 8k likes on Facebook? My band has only half of that amount of likes, and even that took years. o_O

It's amazing that this mod even runs at all... I mean, you can't just copy and paste everything into a WAD and DECORATE and expect it to work... but apparently it does... whoever made this obviously has some form of proficiency with ZDoom editing. If only he used those skills to make original content...

I hope someone shuts this project and this person down.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

I think we all owe Doomguy2000 an apology ...
mallo

Post by mallo »

@Nash: Thanks! Do you know who made the Ka-me-ha-me-ha?
+ he didn't threw everything. maxdiff.wad is still untouched. (But it's not ZDoom map... Nevermind.)

Oh yeah. Let's sumbit this guy link to this thread. :D
I wonder how many minutes it takes to load it all... (I have shite compe)

I'm so annoyed about stoling stuff from batman doom beacuse i played it when i was, like, 5! If i would only get that guy...
I mean, it's like the worst idea ever! It's even unloggical! This game looks like somewhere deep in mind of some psyched killer guy. D:
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

I've been in the process of downloading it for the last half hour. I'm on a 20Mb connection.

I just want to say "I was there" before this kid inevitably grows up to shoot up his school or something equally deranged.

EDIT: Watched some YT footage. Cancelled the download.

Fuck. That.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

What did I just read/see?

I mean, aside from the fact that, based on viewing the webpage and its contents, we're dealing with someone who's disturbed mentally and/or doing one bang up job of trolling the Doom community and beyond.

Either way, this is just sad and disappointing. \:
Remmirath

Post by Remmirath »

What stunned me is the blog url name: "scoiattolichescopano" means "squirrelsthatarefucking".

Other than that, it looks like a [censored word] mod made by a [censored word] dude.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I, uh... my curiosity got the best of me and I downloaded this. I'm trying it out right now.

Uh... all I can say is that this is one of those things in life that you just can't describe. It would have to be experienced first-hand.

It's... yeah. No words.

Edit: Oh, hey. Looks like my character knows Zharkov's special martial arts technique... except he throws his severed fist underhanded.
PsychosesMan

Post by PsychosesMan »

Bethesda cannot contact their lawyers. Their phones emit only the Grezzo Due main menu theme. The ceaseless MIDI samples now play on all frequencies. When asked to comment, John Carmack let out a mournful ululation before tearing off his own face. I fear I am next.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

I thought no one would buy something like this. I would even be a lousy entrepreneur. (Is this right? I've used google translator... :? )

EDit:
mallo wrote:Plus he stole stuff from Batman Doom plus Doom Center. He stole stuff from Batman Doom and Doom Center. HE STOLE STUFF FROM BATMAN DOOM AND DOOM CENTER. I hate him already.
Just curiosity: Doom Center is a "may not use" mod?
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

As if there weren't enough reasons to be bothered by this, I feel it might be worth mentioning that he includes the full DOOM2.wad in his download. Ganking other people's work without asking is just plain scummy, but including a commercial game (that's still being sold, no less) is downright illegal, isn't it?
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Yes it is. We may just be able to get some interested parties to sue, especialy if he priced it.

(if we do sue though, it prefer if he actualy sold some coppies first so anyone who even has a single sprite in that wad can get a share of the money)
Blox

Post by Blox »

The question is "what" money. I think the big motivation on this topic is more "Oh god please stop oh dear fuck" than "GIMME YO MONEY".

And I doubt he'd have much to gulp up.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

insightguy wrote:(if we do sue though, it prefer if he actualy sold some coppies first so anyone who even has a single sprite in that wad can get a share of the money)
I don't think copyright settlements work quite like that.

We'd have to individually prove lost profits, implying we'd need to prove that we would have made any money whatsoever to begin with from our individual works, which we didn't. At best, he'd need to pay damages for lost profits to id Software for including the Doom2.wad against license.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Bethesda have previously C&Ded projects (Android source ports, to be precise) for including Id's commercial IWADs. Just shoot the link (as well as a polite explanation that it includes Doom2.wad and that he intends to sell it, with proof) to Todd Hollenshead or some other Id Biz Guy, and wait.

Return to “General”