MAPtoWAD is a command-line utility that can read Half-Life uncompiled .MAP files (built using something like Worldcraft v3 or Hammer, I think) and convert them to GZDoom TEXTMAP (UDMF) lumps.
It reads all brushes from the Half-Life uncompiled map (.MAP, not .BSP) and uses their coordinates to build equivalent 3d floors in a GZDoom setting, all inside a very large 16384x16384x16384 cube sector with sky and line_horizon background, which would be very useful for making void maps. The result is something
I stopped working on it because of a serious limitation: no speed optimization on GZDoom 3d floors at all.
Here is the source code, compilable with Dev-C++ or whatever works for you.
HOW TO USE IT:
- download Worldcraft for Half-Life so you can make HL maps
- download Wally so you can collect the textures from Doom into a Quake/Half-Life WAD
- find a Wad browser that can extract textures into PNGs without resorting to patches
- use Wally to import those into a WAD
- setup Worldcraft to use that WAD
- start mapping!
- after saving, do NOT try to use BSP/VIS/LIGHT. Just go to the command prompt and launch maptowad <halflife .map input> <gzdoom textmap output>
- use your favourite Wad browser to import the textmap into a UDMF setup
- use your favourite node builder on that setup.
As an example of where I used it, it's this HPack WIP: http://forum.realm667.com/viewtopic.php ... 4&start=10 . I wish I had more updated screenshots. You may need to update the source code for your needs.