The Best and Worst of ZDoom 2006

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

leileilol wrote:How can DO-TIMS be the worst? Perhaps the humor is over their heads and "bad map design" equates to "original design". Just because it's not another stupid oversectored STARTAN base megawad of monotony doesn't mean it's bad. What's the next time you're going to see a surfacing castle, a long intentionally tedious randomly generated quest for a teleporter, and a big huge battle-to-the-death that doesn't involve romero's head?
It's the worst for me because it's the only megawad I can think of :P. The idea of a jokewad is to be funny, and I hardly found it funny. There were some parts though. I also found it extremely hard.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Moti wrote:Yeah. I like do-tims. It's really nice. And I seen only like 2 votes for worst megawad at do-tims.
I believe TND loses. <__<
They both have three votes.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Wills wrote:ZDoom Person of the Year:
Hotwax, for turning over a new leaf and returning with a more mature mindset. If only more people would do that. Speaking of which...
I have to second that and I have to admit that I am very glad to have HotWax back here... :oops: :)
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Aw now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Time to go perform more satanic rituals...
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

In case it wasn't mentioned (too lazy to look thru thread at 8AM)

WORST WAD OF THE YEAR
Aufershtung
Full 32 level replacement made with SLIGE and a bunch of monsters stolen out of various games.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

HotWax wrote:Time to go play the wii and ignore doom...
Fixed
AgentSpork

Post by AgentSpork »

A little bit late here, but whatever:

ZDoom Megawad of the Year:

Zen Dynamics is easily one of the best megawads (or at least, one of the best episodes) I've played for ZDoom. While some of the alternate fires for the weapons in the latest incarnation of the WAD are a bit unnecessary, it's still as awesome now as it was when the first release came about.

If The Community is Falling 3 were out, my vote would probably go for that. :D

Worst ZDoom Megawad of the Year:

Aufershtung wins this one, easily. I don't even have to play it to know how bad it is. :P

ZDoom Monster of the Year (DECORATE):

Well, I can't really think of anything off the top of my head. Again, if CIF3 were released, my vote would probably go towards one of its bosses.

ZDoom Person of the Year:

I'd definitely have to say either Vader or Eriance, for making such sexy sprites. :P Honorable mention goes to Belial and DomRem for being totally awesome as far as beta testing goes. In fact, DomRem once wrote a 6-page report on one of my maps, in response to a sarcastic joke I made.

ZDoom Scumbag of the Year:

Hard to decide.. :wink:
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Cutmanmike wrote:
HotWax wrote:Time to go play the wii and ignore doom...
Fixed
Dammit, it's not my fault Zelda is so good! >_<
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Kirby wrote:In case it wasn't mentioned (too lazy to look thru thread at 8AM)

WORST WAD OF THE YEAR
Aufershtung
How did I EVER forget about this one. Must be one of those experiences that are so horrible that it becomes repressed in the subconscious. :P
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

ZDoom Megawad of the year:
Demon Eclipse and Ultimate Simplicity

ZDoom Monster of the year:
Bouncy's Zombie Flyer

ZDoom single map of the year:
Err...

HotWax, Graf Zahl and Eriance.

coold00d, for returning.
Oh, and Hobbs.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

HotWax wrote:Dammit, it's not my fault Zelda is so good! >_<
Bleh, actually it isn......

No. No. This is not the thread for this. I'm not even going to get it started this time.

Maybe some other time.
Pure Hellspawn

Post by Pure Hellspawn »

Time for some updates:

Everyone: I will officially announce that voting ends on December 19, 2006 (at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time). If you haven't done so already, VOTE! State your opinion about which of the many wads produced in 2006 should earn which titles!

Wills: Please do not confuse this post with my other posts. This is the current results (as to 12/05/06 @ 6:00 AM Eastern)

ZDoom Megawad of the Year: Ultimate Simplicity is still in the lead. Congratulations AgentSpork!

Worst ZDoom Megawad of the year: This title has been replaced with Aufershtung! Well, I don't have much to say since I haven't played this wad.

ZDoom Monster of the Year: SJASFACE (which is the Ghoul in the wad Ghoul's Forest #2) is still winning. Congratulations Cutmanmike on a scary monster (unfortunately, time took it's toll - still an excellent creation though)! We cannot wait for The Ghoul's Forest #3!

ZDoom Weapon of the Year: So far this title goes to the PORTAL GUN. Suprisingly enough, I haven't given it a go yet. I'll need to give it a try when I actually stop being a lazy slob.

ZDoom Worst Map of the Year: Still the same old crappy gamarra wads. I hope he stops making them. Not much else to say. Maybe he likes all that negative criticism???

ZDoom Map of the Year: Since so many maps have been nominated for this, I will wait until the voting period ends. Please VOTE!

ZDoom Person of the Year: Still Xaser, but Graf Zahl, Eriance, and HotWax are one vote closer. Not much else to say.

Everyone who contributed in a positive manner to the ZDoom Community in 2006 is given honorable recognition.

ZDoom Scumbag of the Year: Still Hobbs. 'Nuff said.

If any of this information if not accurate (remember, this applies to votes made only before this was posted), please send me a PM telling me which title(s) and why.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

How did I manage to win two of these things?!

Btw I don't see many people voting weapons so meh...
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Changing mine slightly.

ZDoom Megawad of the Year:

Demon Eclipse

ZDoom Monster of the Year (DECORATE):

Since I hate voting my own crap, i'll have to nominate Eriance's flying fire demon thing. It's not in the maps but summoning it is possible, and I like it.

ZDoom Map of the Year:

Xaser's matrix level.

Nash for helping me out with a ton of stuff.

Hobbs for being negative about anything and everything and generally being an ass.
SMG M7

Post by SMG M7 »

Eh, I'll vote.

Best ZDoom Megawad:

Zen Dynamics (It's cloes between that and Phocas Island 2)

Best ZDoom Monster (DECORATE):

Cutty's ghoul. <Win.

Best ZDoom Map:

ZDoom Community Map Project

I won't vote on people, because I don't pick favorites or least favorites.

Return to “General”