[Request] DoomRL Arsenal Contribution Thread

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: [Request] DoomRL Arsenal Contribution Thread

Post by Slax »

Lady
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

You really gotta tear chunks outta this guy before he goes down! It's the REGENERATING FREAK
Damage resistant.
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

It's a bit too similar to the renegade... maybe big mustache instead of the beard to make it look like a circus show-man? :P
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Hehe, I keep trying to think of interesting visuals for the Scientist, but all I can think of is Half-Life scientists. DAMN YOU VALVE
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

Take, for example, Wolfenstein scientists, there's the fatsy creeps and the skinny old deathshead.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Hair and beard may be lackluster but everything else seems fun. Feeble (75% max health or something like that), innocent looking little scientist hopped up on various medication to survive. Berserk regenerator (speed and max HP bonus + regeneration, increased damage given while wounded/regenerating) (crazy, as pictured), tweaker (time slowdown, increased incoming and given damage) (tense and kinda in pain). Stuff like that. Different mugshot sets for each "mode". :grin:

Can disassemble mod packs into stimulants. Used for changing states as mentioned above, HP bonuses, armor repair goo and such.

I just like the idea of having this little dweeb with thick glasses buffing himself up with the power of SUPER SUPER SCIENCE. :P
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Ol' grandad lost his favorite grandkid. He's got nothing left to live for but he sure as hellfire ain't going down without taking some of those bastards with him.

El Druggo Oldmanio
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Slax wrote:I just like the idea of having this little dweeb with thick glasses buffing himself up with the power of SUPER SUPER SCIENCE. :P
Slax wrote:Image
Ol' grandad lost his favorite grandkid. He's got nothing left to live for but he sure as hellfire ain't going down without taking some of those bastards with him.

El Druggo Oldmanio
I like, I like.
Hehe, yeah don't worry, there will be more than enough crazy chemicals for all. Here's the thing from my official class document thingo.
  • Class: Scientist
    Trait: Chemslinger
    Effect: Can throw various beakers that bestow AOE buffs and debuffs.
    Passive: Takes 15% more damage from melee and bullets. Shields take either 0 or 1 point of damage when damaged. Starts with all Standard and Advanced assemblies shown.
Not sure if I'll change it further, we'll see if this is final or not.
He has his own weak melee attack, with the altfire and stuff being replaced with the beaker throwing mechanic. When berserked he throws a mean punch, though.
Best part is that he's a super team player and a super solo player, as he can buff himself as well. Charge into battle with powerups giving you half damage protection, regen and stuff will be crazy, and of course you can shower the enemies with debuffs making them take more damage and do less damage, for maximum fun.

Oh, and I just came up with an excellent and fitting passive ability for the Demolitionist, so I'll show you that too.
  • Class: Demolitionist
    Trait: Fireangel
    Effect: Immune to splash damage.
    Passive: Everytime he causes an explosion, he gets a small damage resist buff and a small damage buff for a few seconds, which stack their time additively. If he can chain it long enough, the buffs become super strong, and he gains health each time an explosion goes off, turning him into an unstoppable juggernaut of explosions.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

finally, i really liked to see the demoman on this wad. also i'd like to grenade pistol or flare gun for basic weapon too, no small caliber pistols and weak arms.
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Science!
ScienceHD.png
ScienceHD.png (2.53 KiB) Viewed 492 times
Here's an idea for Walter Wh... ehmm.. I mean, the chemist! :P
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

lol it have some kind of air of gordom freeman :P maybe a familiar?
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

And it's based on heretic protagonist face! :P
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

SoloSpaghetti wrote:Science!
ScienceHD.png
As a concept it's cool, but I'm not sure it really fits in with the other mugshots, stylistically.

I'd really like him to be old and gray haired myself, much like Slax's pic up there, it's quite good.
A scientist survives the Phobos invasion against all odds, and through sheer determination to survive and return to his family, fights his way through hell itself and manages to make it home to a wasteland of death. Poor grandad.
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Ok! I'll try again using Doom mugshot as base! :)
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

I'll just leave this here.

Return to “Requests”