[Code] Bullet-Time / Slow-Motion

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
The Zombie Killer

[Code] Bullet-Time / Slow-Motion

Post by The Zombie Killer »

REQUIRES AT LEAST VERSION 2.7.0!
This is something I've been working on for a while, I'm finally at a point where I'd like to release it.
It's not completely finished yet, the algorithms and stuff used are finished, but implementing that into the monsters and items is what is still WIP.

To use, simply change the console command "sv_timescale".

Currently slow-mo-ified actors:
DoomPlayer
ZombieMan
ShotgunGuy
ChaingunGuy
DoomImp
Demon
Spectre
LostSoul
Cacodemon
HellKnight
BaronOfHell

Known bugs:
* Due to the slow-mo effect changing the player's gravity and jump height, the player jumps lower in slow motion, and higher in fast-motion.
* The "FAST" keyword for actor states isn't completely supported, so it's handled differently. If the console command "skill" is 4, then the FAST stuff will take place. I don't know how to retrieve actor flags like "NEVERFAST" yet though, so this functionality is limited at this time.

Things waiting for new features:
* Slow-motion weapons (awaiting A_SetTics to work with weapons)

Still working on:
* Making the following actors slow-mo:
WolfensteinSS
BetaSkull
Arachnotron
PainElemental
Revenant
Fatso
ArchVile
SpiderMastermind
CyberDemon
CommanderKeen
Plus all of the item pickups and stuff (gravity)

Download:
sv_timescale.pk3
(3.22 KiB) Downloaded 630 times
-TZK
Nash

Re: [Code] Bullet-Time / Slow-Motion

Post by Nash »

Things waiting for new features:
* Slow-motion weapons (awaiting A_SetTics to work with weapons)
It doesn't? That sucks, I was planning to use it for some advanced weapon coding.

How do I do slow motion? sv_timescale seems to only make the monsters faster; never slower. Negative values don't work either.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

@Nash
sv_timescale 0.5, use decimal values. 1 is normal speed, 2 is double speed, 0.5 is half speed, etc
It works just like Quake 3's timescale command, or Half-Life 2's host_timescale command.

-TZK
Nash

Post by Nash »

Ahh, I see.

The implementation looks like a nightmare though... especially with more complex DECORATE actors. Also, physics aren't affected (blasting a monster with a rocket at 0.5 timescale will still hurl the body in full force... not to mention the rocket moves at full speed too)

Still an interesting demonstration of DECORATE/ACS hybrid!

Also, can I get a confirmation on A_SetTics on weapons? Is it really not working? Could it be a bug? If it's a bug, you should report it.

Return to “Script Library”