[Sprites] Weapons and other sprite edits

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Dynamo

Re: [Sprites] Weapons and other sprite edits

Post by Dynamo »

Well? Why is everyone surprised?

It was probably done in ms paint or something. Whatever it is, I wouldn't play it at all.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

CKeen wrote:Well? Why is everyone surprised?

It was probably done in ms paint or something. Whatever it is, I wouldn't play it at all.
Out of morbid curiosity I had a look in the IWAD with XWE - as I remember, it was indeed very much an mspaint style job.
And no, I didn't play it - morbid curiosity can only go so far.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Not as much surprised as I am throughly disturbed by a mod like that for Doom. Well, I am surprised something like that exists, but then I realised that things like this existing will exist no matter what, though in rare numbers. Then I got disturbed people actually makes shit like this.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

My sprite wads are now updated yet again:

Assorted sprites replacement
Doom 64 shotgun replacement
New version includes changed offsets, Doom 64 firing sound for the Doom64shotty and some minor color alterations (the Handcannon now has a darker barrel while retaining the gray frame/receiver/lock).

Feedback or suggestions are appreciated. :D
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Doomhuntress wrote:

Not as much surprised as I am throughly disturbed by a mod like that for Doom. Well, I am surprised something like that exists, but then I realised that things like this existing will exist no matter what, though in rare numbers. Then I got disturbed people actually makes shit like this.
Yeah, but the only purpose of these kinds of things is to spread propaganda, not really to entertain. Extremist groups in general tend to use whatever medium in order to get their propaganda across, they don't actually care about quality control aspects. In some cases where a more mainstream medium is used (such as video games, music, kid's shows etc.), the quality of the production is so low that it becomes near laughable. There should be video on YouTube featuring a Hamas version of Mickey Mouse as an example (may not be that funny depending on how far you can distance yourself from it).

But still, it is disturbing how much these extremist's perceptions are skewed.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Turbo wrote:But still, it is disturbing how much these extremist's perceptions are skewed.
Indeed it is, but that's what makes them extremists.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Please tell me we don't have yet another thread venturing into political discussion... Image
printz

Post by printz »

This thread needs to have a new title or be split. I always come here hoping to see new sprite edits of weapons, not discussion about Hitler. Sure, it's all okay if the author doesn't have anything new to show, though.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

printz wrote:This thread needs to have a new title or be split. I always come here hoping to see new sprite edits of weapons, not discussion about Hitler. Sure, it's all okay if the author doesn't have anything new to show, though.
Yeah, let's keep the political discussion somewhere else, everyone.
I thought the discussion about on how a Doom mod/game featuring Adolf Hitler as a player character could be as generally inoffensive as possible was somewhat interesting, so why not continue that? (Hitler vs. Stalin maybe?)

Speaking of which, here is what I spent my weekend on:
Spoiler:
I have future plans to make a player sprite based on the Doomguy from the PSX cover:

Will probably also do an alternative firing stance for it afterwards.
Alice Jameson

Post by Alice Jameson »

Turbo wrote:Speaking of which, here is what I spent my weekend on:
Spoiler:
Win.
I'm going to have to use those at some point. :P (With permission of course)
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Turbo wrote:I have future plans to make a player sprite based on the Doomguy from the PSX cover. Will probably also do an alternative firing stance for it afterwards.
That'd be cool for Threshold of Pain.
Xim

Post by Xim »

I think having a mod where you play as Hitler could only be acceptable if it was a jokewad to be honest. Just make it as ridiculous as possible.
Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

I think a well done Hitler mod would be a gas.
Astroman9991

Post by Astroman9991 »

Excuse me, mate. Would it be okay if I borrow these sprites for an upcoming project called Caleb Versus Nazis 1.1? Problem is, I'm not the technical one, and my other teammate is a busy bloke and can't do sprite swaps for weapons. Thing is, I edited the sprites in Paint and put them in a ZIP file, and I'm requesting if you could do all the sprite swaps to the Pistol, Fist, Chaingun, Shotgun and Rocket Launcer (I got some sprites from other places as well). Could you help?
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

@Astroman9991
Sure, you can use them, just remember to give credit to the right sources.
As for the sprite swaps, I am quite busy myself IRL, but what problems do you have with replacing the sprites?

Return to “Resources”