[Sprites] Weapons and other sprite edits

[Sprites] Weapons and other sprite edits

Postby Turbo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:03 pm

Here is a collection of edits I have made on my free time, some of them date back to 2007. I didn't have any actual use of them and I thought it would be pointless to have them laying around, so I decided to be nice and share some of them with you, feel free to use them.

Hexen gauntlet edit.
Based on a thought of how the Hexen warrior's gauntlet would fit on the Doomguy's arm.
Arm sprite from viewtopic.php?f=37&t=23616 with minor edits

My take on the "right-handed pistol sprite" where I only flipped the hand graphics and gave the pistol a cleaner finish. I also added a frame where the slide is moved further back during firing.

My edit of Finite's pistol sprites with the hammer from Minigunner's Freedoom pistol edit.

Doom 64 pistol edit.
Rounded off the edge of the slide and made the firing frames look a bit more consistent to the idle frame. Also added a frame of the slide recoiling (shade on hand still unedited though).

Duke Nukem 3D pistol edits.
I wanted to give the DN pistol a more sleeker look like the water pistol from the 'Life's a beach' addon, which I used as a base for when I created this. Now updated with under-barrel mount variant.

Duke Nukem 64 pistol edits.
One of my more recent edits, and most likely still being built on. Added frames where the slide is locked back during reloading. The first idle frame with the hammer uncocked is the firing frame without the muzzle flash. Now also updated with under-barrel mount variant, along with muzzle flashes and additional loading frames.

Resized the revolver sprites from Redneck Rampage and put them on the flare gun hands from Blood. Also created a pickup sprite which is an edited revolver sprite from Exhumed/Powerslave. Last frame is a test using hand edits found in Cutmanmike's hand template thread.

My attempt at making the Doom shotgun look more like a real shotgun rather than a toy (which it was actually based on).

Double barrel pumpgun, an older edit.

*Updated with additional reload frames, which are edits of Cage's Doom 64 reloading animations.
Doom 64 shotgun edit with original Doom hands, one of my earlier edits.

DN3D shotgun sprite edit using hand sprites from the DN64 shotgun. The idea was to put a spin on a generally overused sprite.

Handcannon.
An edit of the SSG using the wooden stock from the Doom 64 SSG. Mirrored the right barrel on the SSG it to make both barrels more symmetrical to each other, but I smudged the reflection on the left barrel to keep it from looking too much alike. I also added the "rib" from the Doom 64 shotgun between the barrels for style.

Rise of the Triad MP40 edit.
Removed the blue shade from the sprites and edited the pickup sprite to make it look more like it's real counterpart, the doodle below was going to be the charging handle that i never finished.

Assorted edits.
The top left ones are my edits of the shotgun pickup sprite in three versions. The three sprites below them are edits of a combat shotgun type pickup sprite with the original edit and two hi-res versions. The original sprite was made using the plasma gun and rocket launcher pickup sprites. The grenade launcher sprite in the bottom-right corner is an edit of the Duke 64 GL pickup sprite. Top-right corner are two chaingun sprites: the one on the left is an alternative pickup sprite of the Wolfenstein 3D(MAC port) chaingun and the one to the right is an edit of the regular chaingun. Top right is my interpretation of the zombieman/doomguy rifle with hi-res sprite, never got around to finish it. The sprite set in the bottom-right corner are edits of the Duke 64 pistol ammo sprites, comes with single stack and and double stack variants of each ammo type.

These are edits of a shotgun ammo sprite from the GZDA mod, that I made into regular (nickel plated base) and magnum (brass base) shotgun ammo types.

Edited the Doom 64 zombie sprites to have the player's rifle sprite instead of a shotgun.

Spoiler:

Also, thanks to SamVision for sharing the Wolfenstein 3D MAC port sprites (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=26743&p=509594&hilit=mac+sprites#p509594) and the Duke 64 weapon sprites (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=28941), can't remember how long I've been searching for them :D
Last edited by Turbo on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Turbo
Let's just hope this works..

Re: [Sprites] Weapons and other sprite edits

Postby Sodaholic » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Hey, these are some nice edits! I'm sure they'll be of some use to someone. :)
Sodaholic
Banned User

Postby lizardcommando » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:33 pm

Will I go to hell for laughing at the Hitler statusbar face?
lizardcommando
SHUT UP DWIGHT!

Postby Xim » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:56 am

lizardcommando wrote:Will I go to hell for laughing at the Hitler statusbar face?

I dunno, depends? I find his facial expressions rather silly. :lol:

Anyways, these edits are all great!
Xim

Postby Dynamo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:17 am

I like this a lot! Keep up the good job.

You should try doing doom versions of the bulletstorm weapons :P

*hides*
Dynamo
IF YOU SEE THE ZAIBATSU VAN, DRIVING AROUND TOWN TODAY, propose propositions.

Postby Hellstorm Archon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:18 pm

lizardcommando wrote:Will I go to hell for laughing at the Hitler statusbar face?

Actually, no. In fact, you'll go to heaven for laughing at Hitler. :lol:

CKeen wrote:You should try doing doom versions of the bulletstorm weapons :P

Yeah, maybe you should.

Anyway, those edits look really awesome. :D
Hellstorm Archon
Will debase self for street cred.

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:06 pm

That Hitler HUD face... for some reason, I want to see a mod where you play as him this instant.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom
Forum Prince

Postby NeuralStunner » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Doomhuntress wrote:That Hitler HUD face... for some reason, I want to see a mod where you play as him this instant.
Especially if it's mind-numbingly tough and you die a lot. Oh, and you die at the end. (DooM has a "end map while dying" sector special, after all... :P)
NeuralStunner
Merry Friggin' Christmas

Postby Turbo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Thanks for all your feedback! It's going to quite busy for me this week, but I'll try to post more when I get some free time.

Doomhuntress wrote:That Hitler HUD face... for some reason, I want to see a mod where you play as him this instant.

I also had a similar thought of what the result would be, most likely a jokewad I guess.
Turbo

Postby cq75 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:37 pm

your starting weapon would be double chainguns, you might find a suit that allows you to fire rockets

When you get hit he says "Shite!", when he dies, play the death sound from wolf3d (I forget what it is)
cq75
I've given myself a number, and taken away my name.

Postby SamVision » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Those look awesome! I might use some of them.
SamVision
"We'll show him!"

Postby Xim » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:56 pm

cq75 wrote:your starting weapon would be double chainguns, you might find a suit that allows you to fire rockets

When you get hit he says "Shite!", when he dies, play the death sound from wolf3d (I forget what it is)

He says "Eva, auf Wiedersehen!"
Xim

Postby Turbo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:23 pm

cq75 wrote:your starting weapon would be double chainguns, you might find a suit that allows you to fire rockets

I like the idea about the mech suit being a pickup.
It could serve the same purpose as the mega sphere did, in that it maxed out the player before large battles and could be found as a secret.
Turbo

Postby Turbo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:55 am

After a couple of hectic weeks, I finally got some time to do some more stuff.

I decided to do some empty shotgun shell casings for the shell sprites in the first post.
These are edits of the shell sprites from the GZDA mod (not sure about their original source though).
Turbo

Postby TheMistress » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:56 am

Very nice sprites, keep up the work with them i like them very much :).
P.S.: i just sent you a PM can you read it please?
TheMistress
These cute eyes may be the last ones you'll ever see.

Next

Return to Resources