[HUD] A.Gamma's HUDS (ADDED NEW HUD 08/28/12)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
doomfiend

Re: [HUD] A.Gamma's HUDS (ADDED NEW HUD 08/28/12)

Post by doomfiend »

-headdesk

you guys are breaking my balls with disappointment :< here I was so eager for the next hud replacement but NOPE. aside the point. I love what you have done there Gamma. Mind if I drop something off here for your stash too? Its completed and ready to go if interested.
A.Gamma

Post by A.Gamma »

doomfiend wrote:-headdesk

you guys are breaking my balls with disappointment :< here I was so eager for the next hud replacement but NOPE. aside the point. I love what you have done there Gamma. Mind if I drop something off here for your stash too? Its completed and ready to go if interested.
Go ahead, it's always nice to have more HUDs :D
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Do you take requests?

I would like to see a Blood HUD :)
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

jazzmaster9 wrote:Do you take requests?

Oh gawd, yes!
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Spoiler:
^ Heres the HUD in question, Very basic and works for Zandronaids. wanted to make another layer for the armour / Health when it goes over 100 but Looks like its impossible at this rate. (Very new to scripting, Decorate, and Sbarinfo :v fyi)

Edit: The images I post tend to not show the image "Image" is what it would show on the reply so for now, I uploaded a screen cap on speedyshare with a link provided. (No you dont need to download to view thankfully)

Tried Imgur before this so... yeaaahhhhh :|
A.Gamma

Post by A.Gamma »

Sure thing! Just bear in mind that I'm somewhat with RL and maps for different projects so it might be a while before I make it.
doomfiend wrote:
Spoiler:
^ Heres the HUD in question, Very basic and works for Zandronaids. wanted to make another layer for the armour / Health when it goes over 100 but Looks like its impossible at this rate. (Very new to scripting, Decorate, and Sbarinfo :v fyi)
Oh that looks pretty cool! Just a question though, why are there two armour/health displays?
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Some people like to see exact numbers. and It looked so odd putting it up top.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

A.Gamma wrote:

Sure thing! Just bear in mind that I'm somewhat with RL and maps for different projects so it might be a while before I make it.
No Worries, thanks for accepting the request.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

New HUD in the works for your collection Gamma :D

Don't mind the mockup pics I used, and yes the Visor is indeed from Metroid other M which took me so very long to rip DX
also the resolution is 1280x720+ :P
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Just so you know the bars on the MMO HUD don't accurately measure health & armour points. The bar actually starts at 3HP and ends at 80HP - another gripe with the MMO HUD is that it does not scale well in 1920x1080 as there is no Top-Level resolution defining command, therefore it defaults to 320x200 which means the HUD is tiny without HUD_Scale and it obscenely huge with HUD_Scale. I tested Resolution 640x480; and that seems to scale well enough.
A.Gamma

Post by A.Gamma »

Mikk- wrote:Just so you know the bars on the MMO HUD don't accurately measure health & armour points. The bar actually starts at 3HP and ends at 80HP - another gripe with the MMO HUD is that it does not scale well in 1920x1080 as there is no Top-Level resolution defining command, therefore it defaults to 320x200 which means the HUD is tiny without HUD_Scale and it obscenely huge with HUD_Scale. I tested Resolution 640x480; and that seems to scale well enough.
Sorry for the super late reply! Been busy with RL and other stuff, anyway, the MMO HUD was one of my first HUDs ever, before I knew how to do bars properly! Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and know that I will fix it ASAP.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvUlkcY ... e=youtu.be

New hud in action. If I figure a way for the hud to work in 16:9/10 ratio I'll release it, It has that issue where you can see the edge cut off on any apsect ratio higher than 4:3 :/
A.Gamma

Post by A.Gamma »

doomfiend wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvUlkcY ... e=youtu.be

New hud in action. If I figure a way for the hud to work in 16:9/10 ratio I'll release it, It has that issue where you can see the edge cut off on any apsect ratio higher than 4:3 :/
Hey that looks cool! If you send it my way I think I might be able to fix the ratio issue.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I somewhat fixed it, but you wont be able to see the bottom corner graphics with the method I did...
anyways theres the current build atm. unfortunately the Key icons and the numbers are a little bit small but other then that it works almost as intended have fun guys.
http://www.speedyshare.com/nyffy/Fiends-Visorhud.wad
monyarm

Post by monyarm »

A.Gamma , im posting to let you know im gonna use your fallout 3 hud in a fallout 1 remade in doom mod im working on , i would have send a pm like you said in your first post , but the forum won't let me send pm's since i recently registered.

Return to “Resources”