(Resources)The works of David G

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Ceeb

Re: Project Malbogia: the works of David G (ItsNatureToDie)

Post by Ceeb »

Akira_98 wrote:This could probably be easy to do yourself with A_JUMP. Like this:

Code: Select all

code
You can tighten that up a bit like so.

Code: Select all

actor INTD_DoomImp : DoomImp Replaces DoomImp
{
  states
  {
  Death:
    TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(64,"AltDeath1","AltDeath2","AltDeath3")
}
}

Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: (Resources)The works of David G

Post by Zenon »

Sorry for the bumping.. but this spritework is epic beyond belief

I wonder how he would go with Blake Stone sprites
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Someone should finally put this in a wad ... :(
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

Cyberdemon2006 wrote:Sorry for the bumping.. but this spritework is epic beyond belief
I can justify it for you.
Attachments
figured I remove the shoulder mounted rocket launcher for the revenant, to serve more as a base then an actual monster.(pfft a skeleton that bets the shit of you, big deal)
figured I remove the shoulder mounted rocket launcher for the revenant, to serve more as a base then an actual monster.(pfft a skeleton that bets the shit of you, big deal)
New type of revenant layout.PNG (184.01 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
Here is what i did for Strife so far. Getting the easy shit out of the way(were there is base, there is an alt death maybe), Sick of holding on to these so here they are.
Here is what i did for Strife so far. Getting the easy shit out of the way(were there is base, there is an alt death maybe), Sick of holding on to these so here they are.
Strife guy alt death.PNG (32.09 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
Last edited by ItsNatureToDie on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Heh. Strife's death animations are all so exaggerated and goofy looking. While that's not necessarily a BAD thing, I'm certainly glad to see someone finally doing something about it. :P
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

And Strife's blood looks even more like strawberry syrup than DooM's. :laff:
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

NeuralStunner wrote:And Strife's blood looks even more like strawberry syrup than DooM's. :laff:
More of a crushed strawberry chunks look for doom when it comes to stains.
Attachments
@Xaser, going to attempt the female skin after all. Right now here is all did for the former female. Seeing if editing skin-tone to the face without removing a lot of pixel to the head to would work, so far she looks like a butterface(but-her-face) especially on the rotations. Yes i am aware someone else is attempting to make a female marine skin, figure i give this a shoot.
@Xaser, going to attempt the female skin after all. Right now here is all did for the former female. Seeing if editing skin-tone to the face without removing a lot of pixel to the head to would work, so far she looks like a butterface(but-her-face) especially on the rotations. Yes i am aware someone else is attempting to make a female marine skin, figure i give this a shoot.
possiblefemalezombie.PNG (4.3 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

ItsNatureToDie wrote:@Xaser, going to attempt the female skin after all. Right now here is all did for the former female. Seeing if editing skin-tone to the face without removing a lot of pixel to the head to would work, so far she looks like a butterface(but-her-face) especially on the rotations. Yes i am aware someone else is attempting to make a female marine skin, figure i give this a shoot.
Looks fine to me; Zombies aren't known for having pretty faces anyway. :P
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Will you be finishing the Minigun Zombie? Last I heard, you were considering different colors for its suit.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

I was going to go for brown at this point, and was going to touch up the chaingun major alt death, for i want that one to be his primary death(right now it is bit cartoony). Otherwise he is just about finished.
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Cyberdemon2006 wrote:I wonder how he would go with Blake Stone sprites
This would be interesting to see because lots of people use them as a basis for enemies regardless of the fact that they have shading and contrast that completely conflicts with the Doom aesthetic. If somebody were to make a properly shaded sprite set with better contrast levels... to think of the mods it'd improve!
printz

Post by printz »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:
Cyberdemon2006 wrote:I wonder how he would go with Blake Stone sprites
This would be interesting to see because lots of people use them as a basis for enemies regardless of the fact that they have shading and contrast that completely conflicts with the Doom aesthetic.
Against Doom they still look better than the Wolf3d cartoons.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

Some new polished up sprites. Started on the unmaker a little while back and finished it recently. As for the polished sprites, they are no longer going to be worked on for i am happy with how they come out.

EDIT the scientist among them however is just a pilot.
Attachments
As for the centered unmaker seen here, i made the base for it and from there model it after the one JoeyTD posted at the sprite carnival. Just so everyone knows.
As for the centered unmaker seen here, i made the base for it and from there model it after the one JoeyTD posted at the sprite carnival. Just so everyone knows.
New and polished.PNG (63.8 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
Last edited by ItsNatureToDie on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Centered unmaker :wub: :wub: :wub:
DoomSplitter

Post by DoomSplitter »

Good stuff, but the caco-style pain elemental death looks like it could use a bit of work IMO. The orange spots in the 4th and 5th frames look a bit odd to me.

Return to “Resources”