(Resources)The works of David G

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Vader

Re: Project Malbogia: the works of David G (ItsNatureToDie)

Post by Vader »

Nice work on the Caco alt-death, but IMO it looks a little too symetrical in the last frame, plus the horns on the demons back are looking really strange in that frame...
I'd just use the horns from the previous images instead!
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

Vader wrote:Nice work on the Caco alt-death, but IMO it looks a little too symmetrical in the last frame, plus the horns on the demons back are looking really strange in that frame...
I'd just use the horns from the previous images instead!
I was trying to make the horns on the back sink forward as the top of the caco bled. that was the best i could do for that otherwise took another crack at the horns here it is.
Attachments
well kind of, for the death i just enlarged the anorexic version and edit what i thought at the time was needed. the xdeath on the other hand....
well kind of, for the death i just enlarged the anorexic version and edit what i thought at the time was needed. the xdeath on the other hand....
new death for Illucia.PNG (11.44 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
a little less symmetrical
a little less symmetrical
06.PNG (2.67 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Blaskowitz

Post by Blaskowitz »

pretty cool man. :)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hey, when did that Illucia edit sneak in? It wasn't there last time I saw that post... :P

I don't suppose you'd be brave enough to edit the entire skin to bring her to normal proportions, would you? I know, big task (enough so that I gave up after one feeble attempt), but it would be awesome to finally have a correctly-proportioned female character sprite to work with. A long shot, but still a worthwhile one. ;)
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

That alt caco death looks appropriate for a slash like from a sword
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

@Xaser: what wrong with the one eraince did?

Anyways i was screwing around with the mancubus, by coping one side of it to the other, and to show how this half ass tactic can go a long way.
Attachments
Also thank you Capt. Toenail for the mancubus idle stance. A little more work to be needed, otherwise here it is so far. A slightly less gruesome death.
Also thank you Capt. Toenail for the mancubus idle stance. A little more work to be needed, otherwise here it is so far. A slightly less gruesome death.
FAT FUCK ALT DEATH.PNG (19.52 KiB) Viewed 2140 times
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

That's "less gruesome"? (I suppose so, in a "being hit with a 9-pound hammer hurts less than being hit with a 12-pound one" way. :P )
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

Been busy with life(JoeyTD effect has settled in) so last post on the satyr gibbage for the other 3(4) sucks ass.
Attachments
Now this son of a bitch has never looked so much better wouldn't you say? Now I got to reconsider applying this method to the other monsters.
Now this son of a bitch has never looked so much better wouldn't you say? Now I got to reconsider applying this method to the other monsters.
GoatGibbageNEW.PNG (10.31 KiB) Viewed 1976 times
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

Does anyone have a WAD with all of ItsNatureToDie doom monsters Alt/Xdeaths? I would really like to implement them in TWSS.
Ps: Only the orginal DOOM2 monsters, not the custom ones.
Akira_98

Post by Akira_98 »

ZDG wrote:Does anyone have a WAD with all of ItsNatureToDie doom monsters Alt/Xdeaths? I would really like to implement them in TWSS.
This could probably be easy to do yourself with A_JUMP. Like this:

Code: Select all

actor INTD_DoomImp : DoomImp Replaces DoomImp
{
  states
  {
  Death:
    TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(64,"AltDeath1")
    TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(64,"AltDeath2")
    TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(64,"AltDeath3")
    TROO I 8
    TROO J 8 A_Scream
    TROO K 6
    TROO L 6 A_NoBlocking
    TROO M -1
    stop
  AltDeath1:
    <INSERT CODE HERE>
  AltDeath2:
    <INSERT CODE HERE>
  AltDeath3:
    <INSERT CODE HERE>
  }
}

It's untested (done little DECORATE myself) and assumes the monster has 4 death animations, including the default, and no new XDeath. The only reason I haven't done it myself is I don't want to cut all the sprites out, I'm too lazy. 8-)
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

Nah, i dindn't asked for the code (of course i can do that myself),
i asked if anyone had all the Doom2 monsters altd/x death sprites so i can code them for TWSS.
ravage

Post by ravage »

ZDG wrote:Nah, i dindn't asked for the code (of course i can do that myself),
i asked if anyone had all the Doom2 monsters altd/x death sprites so i can code them for TWSS.
Probably not since he's still in the process of making them.
Blaskowitz

Post by Blaskowitz »

Hey INTD can you do a little favor for me? can you make a strifeguy death just like the marines death?
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

ZDG wrote:Does anyone have a WAD with all of ItsNatureToDie doom monsters Alt/Xdeaths? I would really like to implement them in TWSS.
I know i am chiming in late on this but if any likes i can throw together a first edition(as in sprites i have made that do not suck ass) were it is just sprites alone and anyone can do what they want with them coding wise, which i can have up by tomorrow at best. Just a thought otherwise(unless someone has beaten me to that already).
Attachments
Bruiser Baron.zip
A cross over between the Bruiser Demon and Baron of Hell, Clapping attack yet to be finish for this beast.
(83.7 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
A revamp version of the Heresy lord death so to not look cartoon-ish when next to the original corpse.  For what i said before about &quot;applying this method(of gibbage) to the other monsters&quot; what i mean is i want to animate in a way that Adrian Carmack himself would alone side with the &quot;Fuzzy Pumper Palette Shop&quot; which is proving to be quite a bitch to do but not impossible. As for the imp xdeath, i just removed the elbow pads of the zombie Sargent and polished the arm of the marine/zombie to resemble an imps. for caco demon, just slaped on so more intestines and alter the horns(sorry for the semantic look again).
A revamp version of the Heresy lord death so to not look cartoon-ish when next to the original corpse. For what i said before about "applying this method(of gibbage) to the other monsters" what i mean is i want to animate in a way that Adrian Carmack himself would alone side with the "Fuzzy Pumper Palette Shop" which is proving to be quite a bitch to do but not impossible. As for the imp xdeath, i just removed the elbow pads of the zombie Sargent and polished the arm of the marine/zombie to resemble an imps. for caco demon, just slaped on so more intestines and alter the horns(sorry for the semantic look again).
More new shit.PNG (38.05 KiB) Viewed 1474 times
Blaskowitz

Re: (Resources)The works of David G

Post by Blaskowitz »

INTD can you do a strifeguy forard death like the marine death does. thanks. :|

Return to “Resources”