(Resources)The works of David G

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
ItsNatureToDie

(Resources)The works of David G

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

Here is were I will be posting my sprites such as alt death sprites for various monsters I wanted for my mod that was once to be a 30 map HUB i was going to call Project Malbogia. As well as a few new ones (sadly recolored monsters, and zombies) and two new weapons sprites. Ideas are welcomed. Your find some of my stuff on [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival as well. Here you will find everything else of mine.

UPDATE: Here is the first edition of (mostly:P)my sprites in a wad and only sprites. Note that not all sprite seen though out the thread are in it for they are still being worked on: (http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... tdeath.zip)
Last edited by ItsNatureToDie on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
ItsNatureToDie

Re: Project Malbogia: the works of David G (ItsNatureToDie)

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

Anyways here's a start.

Edit: Improved marine alt at pg 25
Attachments
Here you go
Here you go
Beginning topic.PNG (32.57 KiB) Viewed 17281 times
Last edited by ItsNatureToDie on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vader

Post by Vader »

Nice work!
I can clerarly see what served as a base for those alt-death sprites :wink:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I like the snake imp death. The original snake imp death has always looked a bit sub standard IMO so this is a welcome upgrade.

I think Ipreferred that baron death from the otehr thread. There is something odd about the way that bit of gut hangs down in this one.

BTW, can you consolidate all your other death frames into this thread too? It would be better to have them all together IMO.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

That is what this thread is here for man :wink:. You mean the baron of hell death from sprite carnival? :? yeah the death of the BOH here is a bit odd how the intestines fall. you see them breaking in half once killed and guts pour out of em. thats why you see what you see....I work on it and the players first frame.

Sorry in advance: for i am a bit slow on comprehension while networking. Plus drawing stuff from scratch is not one of my strength. Maybe Eriance's greatest strength of artwork, but not mine. I am one of those that needs a base to start of with and takes alot of time to do so.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

Lets Try This again! From the tanning booth

EDIT: A more detailed version further on.
Last edited by ItsNatureToDie on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

I fear it will need manual editing to make it look really good.

EDIT: Or maybe not
I tried to apply a gradient map to it and it came out quite well.
Only flaw now is his back, it looks too flat comparing to the rest of the sprite. Also removal of his backback was one of the reasons why I stopped working on it (oh, the laziness...).
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

I could never really picture what the back would look like. here's what did but....

A5-D5 movement:
dose that look like it borges?

E5-F5:
Still too flat?

From a few posts back a sprite carnivile:
I was trying to lean away from the pasty face pale look. but not too much to much into Hispanic look (no offense to anybody). the gradient map turned out nicely, but let me take a crack at the skin tone again.

EDIT: SCRAP THE PIC BELOW The back has been improved.
Last edited by ItsNatureToDie on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

In the Meantime. enjoy
Attachments
For the forward death add the first sprite of the backwards one first.
For the forward death add the first sprite of the backwards one first.
REPLAY4.PNG (8.15 KiB) Viewed 17153 times
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

And for you Enjay. Took the advice on the first sprite with the chest.
Attachments
Here it is again.
Here it is again.
Replay3.PNG (8.92 KiB) Viewed 17150 times
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

Here is one for you Vader.
Attachments
From slow and dramatic to a little more fast pace.  Soul escapes on the third last to dead corpse.
From slow and dramatic to a little more fast pace. Soul escapes on the third last to dead corpse.
Replay4.PNG (5.96 KiB) Viewed 17126 times
phi108

Post by phi108 »

I'm liking all of it, especially that Chaingun Major!
Recurracy

Post by Recurracy »

Now that we're talking about it anyway, wth is a gradient map?

I think I'm gonna use those BFG guy sprites once, they're nice. The skin looks alot better now with that 'gradient map' on it.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

neoworm wrote:I fear it will need manual editing to make it look really good.

EDIT: Or maybe not
I tried to apply a gradient map to it and it came out quite well.
Only flaw now is his back, it looks too flat comparing to the rest of the sprite. Also removal of his backback was one of the reasons why I stopped working on it (oh, the laziness...).
Only because i do not know what program you used for the gradient map for most of the time i have used XWE for the re coloring of things. Much better and less pasty faced though. However some parts (mostly alt deaths) were messed up so i did a quick fix on it. What do you think? Anyways once I or anyone thinks of how to make to back of the zombie look a little less flat it will be good to go. :)

EDIT:Dis reguard this message its out dated
Last edited by ItsNatureToDie on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

SHAKABOOM!!!

Edit:No future plans for editing here
Attachments
Take note that my version of the cracko demon bleeds blue (originally red). Nothing that a little recolor can't fix.
Take note that my version of the cracko demon bleeds blue (originally red). Nothing that a little recolor can't fix.
ah oh.PNG (75.77 KiB) Viewed 17062 times
Last edited by ItsNatureToDie on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Resources”