(Resources)The works of David G

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: (Resources)The works of David G

Post by TiberiumSoul »

now here is something i would really find amazing

actual deaths for the archon of hell that leave a corpse instead of having him explode into a burning inferno
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Alice Jameson wrote:I always thought it was odd that the Unmaker had a handle but doomguy was never holding it... I think I made some sprites with him holding the angled one. I should try to find that again.
There was a hand... but it covered so much of the Unmaker that I left it off. This is what it would have looked like...
Attachments
demonizerhand.png
demonizerhand.png (3.55 KiB) Viewed 2672 times
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

The beginnings of the tedious process of quality improvement (read: smoothed out palette-mangling on the arm). Leaving the hair off for now :) .
EDIT: Anyone need a thumb? :blergh:
Last edited by Minigunner on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

@Minigunner: The polishing of the Scuba unmaker arm is looking good so far.
@TiberiumSoul: I will add that to my to do list.

Although I have not been doing a lot sadly do to real life, I do have a few things done, not much atm but here:
Attachments
The New Imp death with Bloxs edit included.zip
(9.18 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Yep here is the death animation using Vaders stone imp death as a base, hopefully not much about this attempt suck ass in many ways. Also I declared the 6th rotation finished. I can not say I am happy about how long this has been taking, with real life aside, to completing this. I just need to do one last frame for the 7th rotation and a bit of polishing for the rest of those and the 8th rotations as well as the pain frame. Few reason why this is been taking a long time one of them is I keep fining things that pissed me off and I just re do them over and over again. Another is I do not want to look back on these just to fine something that will make me go "I could do better". For that I apologize.
Yep here is the death animation using Vaders stone imp death as a base, hopefully not much about this attempt suck ass in many ways. Also I declared the 6th rotation finished. I can not say I am happy about how long this has been taking, with real life aside, to completing this. I just need to do one last frame for the 7th rotation and a bit of polishing for the rest of those and the 8th rotations as well as the pain frame. Few reason why this is been taking a long time one of them is I keep fining things that pissed me off and I just re do them over and over again. Another is I do not want to look back on these just to fine something that will make me go "I could do better". For that I apologize.
New Imp Death and Player Rotation 6.PNG (7.89 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
Randomness.
Randomness.
Misc.PNG (2.26 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
Last edited by ItsNatureToDie on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Made some changes to the two last frames of that death animation, so that the head doesn't seem so merged in with the body:
ItsNatureToDie

Post by ItsNatureToDie »

Here is some more sprites being polished and two alt gibs of the player where his head explodes.
Attachments
I really started to enjoy the hell out of brutal doom when v.16 came out and as I was playing along, polished up a few death animations as well as fixed the arm on the marine hostage. This is just more of a preference thing then anything else and if these get implemented into BD, just do as you see fit. I admit the rib cage on the pinky looks a bit silly re-guarding the fact you have blown off its upper body.
I really started to enjoy the hell out of brutal doom when v.16 came out and as I was playing along, polished up a few death animations as well as fixed the arm on the marine hostage. This is just more of a preference thing then anything else and if these get implemented into BD, just do as you see fit. I admit the rib cage on the pinky looks a bit silly re-guarding the fact you have blown off its upper body.
Random BD type Post.PNG (34.96 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
Originated from here(http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=553686#p553686) Figured I would also make the player version as well.
Originated from here(http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=553686#p553686) Figured I would also make the player version as well.
Yeah, like the zombies the head too shall explode. This was the result of me getting a feel for the Doom Style gibs while I was working on the baron of hell gibs a long ass time ago
Yeah, like the zombies the head too shall explode. This was the result of me getting a feel for the Doom Style gibs while I was working on the baron of hell gibs a long ass time ago
alt marine gibs.PNG (8.12 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

This may sound like a dumb idea but I alway wanted to see Xdeath states for the Cacodemon and the Baron of Hell that were similar to the Zombies Xdeath states.
ledillman

Post by ledillman »

I have to say that your work is wonderful, i just love it :wub:
Last edited by ledillman on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
mckracken

Post by mckracken »

regarding all the death animations :
why not focus more on animations while the monsters are alive?
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

perhaps he doesnt want to mckracken just a thought?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

But why wouldn't he want to mckracken just a thought?
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Xaser you done? i wasnt even bieng serious when i said that
BlueFireZ88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

I don't think Xaser was being serious either.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Since you don't respond well to humor, I suppose I'll post what I was originally going to say: Although this forum doesn't have a strict no-bump policy, it's generally a good idea that if you're responding to a belated discussion (even in as little as two weeks) that your post contains some sort of worthwhile content. When I open up a generally-interesting thread after a while of no updates just to get an unwarranted one-line grammarless rant, it's rather disappointing.

Also, generally, "not being serious" is the label applied to posts that are funny, sarcastic, intentionally nonsensical, or other such lighthearted pursuits. Your post was none of these things, meaning you should either work on getting a better at being non-serious or stop trying to retroactively say you were when you weren't.
Gez

Post by Gez »

In other words, try to mckraken some thought into your post, next time.

Return to “Resources”