[Realm667] Official forum for contributions online! (p1)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Tormentor667

[Realm667] Official forum for contributions online! (p1)

Post by Tormentor667 »

To make things short:
http://www.realm667.com/board
Yay ;) Easier organiziation for the win! :P Blame it on Ghastly!

The Realm667 as it is now is not only a place where I share my creations, it has already grown to a place filled with countless resources for mappers and modders who wish to save some time and work. The resources take most of the bandwidth and webspace and I offer this service for free though paying for the webhost service - which isn't a problem actually as it's not that much. Listen though, I do not host and maintain this stuff because it is fun or because I get an orgasm when I see that another 100 people have visited the Realm667 in the last hour. I mainly do this to serve as an easy place to get your quality mod additions of all kinds, wether it is textures, monsters or weapons.

So let's get into the rough meat. Since several weeks now, maintaining and adding new stuff to the Realm667 resource areas became more a frustrating and annoying job than it has been before. One this is the growing amount of submissions per week, the other one is some people's laziness. I actually have been very tolerant most of the time when informations or credits have been missing, when wads or pk3s had errors or when other problems occured: I just solved them myself. But now it's time to change something about this, because - as I already said - it got very annoying. You will now find a shitload of rules for upcoming submissions at the bottom of this text. If some of the rules do not match with your submission, it will be deleted without any comment. POINT!

General Rules
  • Information & Credits as seperate text file (INTO.TXT) in the ZIP
    Please stop adding lumps into the wads/pk3s, putting two seperate text files, posting them into the thread or other abstruse ideas. Just add one single text file into the ZIP and you save me a lot of extra work.
  • Information & Credits must be complete
    Please fill out every single line for the credits and information tab, stop leaving or removing some lines, I am no detective and I am not looking for this just because you are too lazy.
  • Use correct grammatical english
    Guys, really, it's just some fields to fill, is it too much to spell and capitalize things the right way? Capitals at the beginning of a line, capitals after a colon (for the lists) - in the worst case, just use the templates on Realm667.
  • Avoid bugs, platest your submission
    There is already too much stuff online that is filled with bugs. I try to fix what's already there but all upcoming contributions which are buggy will go directly into my recycle bin
Data Rules
  • PNG for sprites (paletted)
  • OGG / FLAC for sounds
  • GLDEFS if apropriate actors
    (e.g. fire, magical projectiles, lighting stuff etc.)
  • WAD or PK3 (with correct folder structure)
If you want to submit something and you have no idea what's actually needed to fill out for information and credits, here is a list of example entries for each section that show off what's needed.
  • Armory
    Spoiler:
  • Beastiary
    Spoiler:
  • SFX Shoppe
    Spoiler:
  • Texture Stock
    Spoiler:
Now if you got the basic rules, you're on a good way, promised! Still, there are several more rules for each kind of submissions you can go for. You can read them by visiting Realm667.com, clicking on one category on the left (e.g. "Beastiary", "SFX Shoppe", "Texture Stock" or "Armory") and then you will get a little box on the lower left called "Rules" - now guess what it is for.

Other than that, keep the contributions coming! :wub:

We have already talked about one thing a million times, and writing in obvious red, that this thread isn't meant for discussion, some people still don't get it. Well.... I made something for those few people...
(there is a discussion thread in the same forum where this thread can be found, please use that!)
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Re: [Realm667] Contributions & Submissions

Post by Juan "JacKThERiPPeR »

My texture pack "JtR Textures"
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7hvtqd

And my Realistic Fire SFX.
http://forum.zdoom.org/download/file.php?id=6820
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

[quote="Juan "JacKThERiPPeR"]And my Realistic Fire SFX.
http://forum.zdoom.org/download/file.php?id=6820[/quote]
They look good. :thumb:
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Enjay wrote:[quote="Juan "JacKThERiPPeR"]And my Realistic Fire SFX.
http://forum.zdoom.org/download/file.php?id=6820
They look good. :thumb:[/quote]
Thanks. :)
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

A new monster, the Rlyeh Warrior:
rlyehwarrior.zip
Includes info and credits inside the WAD.
(79.95 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Here are my two submissions to the Beastiary/Beast Contest.
aracnorb.zip
(72.42 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
nightmarebeast.zip
(249.48 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Note: Aracnorb's attack frames don't have angles.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

A new weapon, the plasma beam, note this includes a new amusing vapourise death state with acs library to add a green flash to the vapourised player's screen, the new death state could also be a contender in the SFX shop standalone without the gun.
Name: Plasma Beam
Class: Level 6
Type: Projectile
Palette: Doom
Summon: PlasmaBeam
Ammotype: Cell
AltFire: No

Submitted: Captain Toenail
Decorate: Captain Toenail
Sprites: id Software, 3D Realms
Sprites Edit: Captain Toenail
Sounds: UT2K4, Strife
Idea Base: A cross between the link gun from Unreal Tournament and the Plasma Beam from Quake 2 Ground Zero
Attachments
PlasmaBeam.zip
(136.18 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Also, new improved Baron ball and Revenant Tracer FX I made a while ago and have no use for, could come handy in the SFX Shop too
Type: Baronball/RevenantTracer FX
Connection: BaronBall/RevenantTracer
Summon: BaronBall/Revenant Spawners

Submitted: Captain Toenail
Decorate: Captain Toenail
GLDEFs: Captain Toenail
Sounds: N/A
Sprites: Captain Toenail
Attachments
RevBaronBallFX.zip
(7.02 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

I updated my Realistic Fire SFX.
realfirefx.zip
(49.48 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Contribution Check & Addition - Sunday March, 22th

Rejected:
JtR Textures - HiRes textures, too random and most of them not useful for other persons I guess.
Revenant / Baron SFX - One of the kind of special effects that I didn't plan to add at all.

On Hold:
Realistic Fire SFX - As of now, the fx still needs little work. I'd suggest making the sound work as a loop (A_PlaySoundEx) and also spawning little flames farther away from the center and larger flames closer to the center of the actor, to not make the fire look like a column and more like a cone, would look more realistic (even more ;))
Rlyeh Warrior - The sprites need definitely work. The skin green is only one tone and looks like being drawn in about 2 minutes. Don't know where you got that sprites from but try to improve them somehow, maybe also in terms of color choice. RIght now they seem very oversaturated. Compare them to other games' sprites.
PlasmaBeam - As of now, the new death sequence will only be visible in multiplayer games yes? For now, I'd suggest removing that as this additional death stuff is something the modder has to work on himself. The Armory is only a source for base weapon ideas and stuff, nothing more. Otherwise people would start to contribute weapons with special effects like casings and that's not the point you know. So removing these extras will end up in the weapon being definitely in, it's cool :)

Accepted
NightmareBeast - Will be added after contest end
Aracnorb - Will be added after contest end

So thanks for your contributions so far :)
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

This is the PNG version of the Hornbeast

http://www.zshare.net/download/5561372003381b87/

note I think I left a PLAYPAL lump in the wad by mistake, you will need to delete it.

Also, I remember some of the monsters have dodgy obituary messages, the only one I can remember right now is 'player was assassined by a Shadow', it should really be 'player was assassinated by a Shadow'.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

I can't promise much with the Rlyeh Warrior, though it's sprites were taken from Corridor 7 and the sprite recolour was done with DecX.
Anyways, here it is:
rlyehwarrior.zip
(66.97 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Also, an update to the fire:
realfirefx.zip
(49.48 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

Okay, since here's the submission and contribution thread, i'll repost the updated weapons anyway:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?umz0wkvyzdo

SMG, single and double;
Also, i give you the updated Lizard;
Attachments
LizardComm.zip
(252.67 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
SMG.zip
(24.06 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

The lizard has now much better-fitting sounds,but why it doesn't just have red blood? :o
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

Mr.Green wrote:The lizard has now much better-fitting sounds,but why it doesn't just have red blood? :o
Nah, just tried to make the blood similar to the lizard's skin, that's all...
Btw, the "motion blur" effect was a nice one for me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Resources”