[update] I will NOT write for your project.

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

[update] I will NOT write for your project.

Post by wildweasel »

This offer no longer stands. My schedule does not allow for me to help other projects anymore.

Doing something a little unusual here...

Hi. Have you read the project lore files for my recent mods? Did you like the descriptions of the weapons and enemies and gameplay elements? Do you want something remarkably similar in style to them for your own project? I'm your guy.

Examples of my work:
HazeBandicoot wrote:Image

The Makoto Arms Type 763, nicknamed "Straights" for a boxing technique, is a high-caliber infantry rifle that takes the same US Army .30 caliber cartridge as the classic M1 Garand. However, in typical Makoto Arms foresight (or lack thereof), the Type 763's original design schematics were accidentally mixed up with those of the Type 545 close-quarters personal defense weapon. As a result, the Type 763 acts like a designated marksman's rifle, but bears an impractically short ten-inch barrel, miniscule magazine size of nine rounds (single-stacked), and a collapsible stock that tends to collapse itself (and the shoulder of the poor sap firing it) from the recoil forces involved. That said, though, the Straights still managed to find success among clandestine operatives in third-world countries due to its high concealment factor and ease of obtaining munitions.

Berducci XP4 Squall
The XP4 is the standard-issue sidearm of UAC security on the Mars City project; so commonplace that there are more of these pistols on base than there are people assigned to carry them. All four characters obtain the XP4 as part of their starting equipment. It is very lightweight, but the trigger is exceptionally heavy, so unskilled shooters will have considerable difficulty firing it. It is a “lift gun” chambered for 12x12mm Airsafe, a special caseless, low-powder, electrically-fired round with a high force of impact but a low muzzle velocity, designed not to over-penetrate or pierce the airtight walls of the Mars City complex, as well as generating far lower gas emissions than typical firearms, which is highly desirable in the reduced-oxygen environment of Mars.

Dakota TT93
Full-length shotguns are an unusual choice for the tight corridors and short ranges of the Mars City installation, but when UAC security requested a “heavy entry” weapon to deal with potential riots outside of the Austin complex, the Dakota was the tool chosen for the job, and several of these shotguns were also shipped to Mars City before the UAC board determined a need for weapons that produced fewer carbon emissions. It is a typical 12-gauge, single-barreled, pump-action shotgun with no unusual characteristics. It is a very heavy weapon, especially fully loaded with the full complement of 8 shells, so weapon jitter is quite low. It is a very powerful weapon, however, so recoil force is extremely high for an unprepared shooter. Loading the weapon is also quite difficult, since the mechanisms involved have a very high resistance.

SMA Isis
The Egyptian-made “Isis” sub-machine gun is assigned only to the UAC’s executive bodyguards. Its unusual side-mounted magazine is kept to a minimal size, thanks to it being chambered for a unique, dart-like 3.4x50mm cartridge which, like the P32’s 12x12mm Airsafe, is a low-powder, electrically-fired round. The Isis’ fire rate is reasonably controllable…but only to a skilled shooter. The heavy trigger is problematic for novice shooters going both ways. It is difficult to pull the trigger, and it is just as difficult to let go of it. Novice shooters in a panic situation may find that they cannot stop firing the (full-auto only) weapon until it has run out of ammo.

So...Yeah, if you want stuff like that in your project (or if you would like to have me improve the quality of writing in your cutscenes or anything like that), please drop me a line and I'll see about that for you.
raymoohawk

Re: [Writing] I will write for your project.

Post by raymoohawk »

for a while now ive been thinking freedoom should have something like the old doom and doom 2 manuals, but focused more on the lore aspect. one of the mistakes of the freedoom project was not picking a story to begin with. there have been some discussions about it, but so far all we know is that the protagonist is a freedom fighter instead of marine, hes fighting against a big corporation, time travel replaces teleportation and instead of demons theres aliens. so would you like to help putting together something :)
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Guys, I gotta vouch for Weasel here. He's written quite a few weapon bios for The Space Pirate and also a bunch of stuff that'll hopefully see the light of day, and there's nothing like his style. FREE WRITING OF THIS QUALITY? GO FOR IT! SERIOUSLY.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

raymoohawk wrote:for a while now ive been thinking freedoom should have something like the old doom and doom 2 manuals, but focused more on the lore aspect. one of the mistakes of the freedoom project was not picking a story to begin with. there have been some discussions about it, but so far all we know is that the protagonist is a freedom fighter instead of marine, hes fighting against a big corporation, time travel replaces teleportation and instead of demons theres aliens. so would you like to help putting together something :)
Hmm. This is certainly an idea, but I'll want to go ask at the Freedoom forum what the general direction should be.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Cue Freedoom having a more elaborate, cohesive and well-written story than Doom 1/2. :P
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Nice idea :) I've been following this practice since I released Tristania3D, as I always enjoyed game walkthrough reading, and particulary those parts where the reviewer wrote a detailed analysis about certain equipments, let it be weapons, protection gear, special item or anything else. Reading booklets for games or descriptions might be a bit old-fashioned, as the gamer will eventually find out himself how these stuff work, but I think it's very nice to have detailed paragraphs about each weapon, their capabilities and their downsides. In fact, it can save you quite a lot of ragequits, like "@&%÷#+ß, why doesn't this damned thing work like that other one in [insert FPS title here]"

Anyways, I do have a description request for a few firearms, I am curious what can you make out of these. It doesn't have to be Doom or UAC-related at all.
- DT (an assault rifle)
- Z-Type (repeater rifle)
- Needle laser
- Missile launcher
- MegaMissile
- Starburst
- Battleship-class firebombs
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Reactor wrote:Anyways, I do have a description request for a few firearms, I am curious what can you make out of these. It doesn't have to be Doom or UAC-related at all.
- DT (an assault rifle)
- Z-Type (repeater rifle)
- Needle laser
- Missile launcher
- MegaMissile
- Starburst
- Battleship-class firebombs
Do you currently have graphics or behavior for these yet?
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Funny thing is, these are all enemy-only weapons, so they don't actually need any pickup or HUD sprite, as the player needs to face against these. As such,they already have a behavior, but feel free to use your fantasy :)
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

do we PM you the sprites or just post em here?
and do you also do weapon naming? can't name my weapons for shit.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

insightguy wrote:do we PM you the sprites or just post em here?
and do you also do weapon naming? can't name my weapons for shit.
Whatever you feel is necessary. Anything to do with story, world-building, fiction in general.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

I have been needing weapon manufacturer brands and weapon discriptions for certain types of fire arms for a while.

Types of fire arms:

Energy
Demontech(Maybe)
Rifles
Revolvers and handguns
Handguns
Revolvers
Shotguns
Sub machine guns and machine pistols

EDIT: I think I have a brand name for the energy weapons: Prism. a light passes through a prism to make lasers, I think. I am into science, but not very good at it. :P

SUPER EDIT: Hell, I don't even know if what I said had anything to do with science. :lol:
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I guess I'm going to have to make some clarifications - if I don't know what something does in your actual project, I can't very well describe it.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Carbine Dioxide wrote: EDIT: I think I have a brand name for the energy weapons: Prism. a light passes through a prism to make lasers, I think. I am into science, but not very good at it. :P
The Zicca Corporation loves you :D the Prism rifle is their newest light-based shotgun variant working just like that :) Except that those light beams aren't really lasers.

OK, here are the short description for each weapon:
DT - An assault rifle with 2 shots/second fire speed, 9mm rounds. It has a scope, but has no riflebutt. I believe it's sort of a paratroop edition. Its clip holds 25 ammo. It has a built-in silencer in it.
Z-Type - A modern repeater rifle vaguely resembling a Kar-98, but uses 12,6mm ammo, exactly 20 pieces. One of the most accurate rifles, its aiming is smoother than the PAMR's.
Needle laser - Sort of a "laser chaingun" except that it's smaller of course, and the "gun barrels" don't rotate. Technically it's a rotary cannon of those laser-pistols from Another World.
Missile Launcher - This one: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2007 ... daukar.jpg
MegaMissile - Exactly the same,but it hosts 1 huge missile as opposed to six smallers. Yup, it needs reloading after every shot, much like RPG-7.
Starburst - As the name suggests, this weapon launches 20-30 small "stars" in a widening spread formation. They do little damage all by themselves, but 15-20 hits are devastating.
Battleship-class firebombs - Launches 5 firebombs in a spread, shotgun-like formation, each of them causes roughly 60% damage. This weapon was meant for boss enemies only.
Carbine Dioxide

All I know is... It WILL have a Trench Gun. It might have a Mossberg 500 pistol grip.

By the way, I have been praying(figuretively) for a thread like this for a while.

Made up a WIP name for revolvers and pistols. Bucking BRONCO. Sorta like COLT, but obviuosly, it's a bronco. They will have more kick and bigger cartridges than regular COLT fire arms.
Carbine Dioxide

Here is a weapon I might be using: A lever action mad by Jazz Master9 and polished by Blox.
Attachments
1887h.png
1887h.png (5.39 KiB) Viewed 12034 times

Return to “Resources”