Been trying out some standalone-iwad-stuff

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
MSPaintR0cks

Been trying out some standalone-iwad-stuff

Post by MSPaintR0cks »

Mainly because I also would want my TC to be played by people unfamiliar with doom. (no worries, I will also upload it a a simple wad for the community)
I was trying to modify my ZDoom executable by adding some new things to the IWADINFO file.

I followed this tutorial at "Going Standalone"
http://www.lofibucket.com/articles/modding_doom.html

...but for some reason ZDoom still bombs out as soon as it looks for an Iwad.
Is there anything that has changed in the newer version of Zdoom regarding this issue?

EDIT:
Nevermind, just made it work. However, there are a ton of red messages appearing because of missing textures of the original Doom2 iwad.
Is there any way to remove them, without filling up my own Iwad with placeholder data of the same names?
darkhog

Re: Been trying out some standalone-iwad-stuff

Post by darkhog »

MSPaintR0cks wrote:Mainly because I also would want my TC to be played by people unfamiliar with doom. (no worries, I will also upload it a a simple wad for the community)
I was trying to modify my ZDoom executable by adding some new things to the IWADINFO file.

I followed this tutorial at "Going Standalone"
http://www.lofibucket.com/articles/modding_doom.html

...but for some reason ZDoom still bombs out as soon as it looks for an Iwad.
Is there anything that has changed in the newer version of Zdoom regarding this issue?

EDIT:
Nevermind, just made it work. However, there are a ton of red messages appearing because of missing textures of the original Doom2 iwad.
Is there any way to remove them, without filling up my own Iwad with placeholder data of the same names?
There should be easier way of adding new wad names to be looked for by zdoom than recompiling it...
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Been trying out some standalone-iwad-stuff

Post by Caligari87 »

Except you don't have to recompile it...

8-)
MSPaintR0cks

Need some help setting up a standalone version of ZDoom

Post by MSPaintR0cks »

Ok, I tried modifying the Iwadinfo today, so that it only detects the wad I want it to. But I really need some help here...
Right now, it looks like this:

Code: Select all

IWad
{
	Name = "Shadow Of The Wool Ball v1.3"
	Autoname = "woolball"
	Game = "Doom"
	Config = "Woolball"
	Mapinfo = "mapinfo/doom2.txt"
	MustContain = "E1M1", "HUG"
	BannerColors = "54 54 54", "a8 a8 a8"
}
At the end of the file, I added the name of the wad.
Zdoom actually starts to run my wad as soon as I click the exe, but the launcher window is still filled with red errors because of missing Doom2 files.

Two questions from me:
-Where can I set up the "Woolball" config file, so that the game immediately starts with, for example, a custom movebob and other things?
-How can I trick Zdoom into thinking all the missing Doom2 files are there?

Return to “Editing (Archive)”