GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
black-thrones

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Post by black-thrones »

It works just fine now, thank you!
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

So I'm not entirely sure what happened here. Whenever the Polyobj door here opens and I look back, this part of the wall vanishes and reveals the Polyobj door within the wall.

Anybody know what might be going on here, and/or how to fix it?
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Devianteist wrote:Anybody know what might be going on here, and/or how to fix it?
While the polyobject code is quite reliable, I must surmise that the problem is with the map construction itself.
However, it is not easy to tell from your screenshot what has gone wrong. More information would be helpful,
such as a screenshot of that section of the map, telling us what format the map is in, etc, something like this
Spoiler:
The best, of course, would be to upload the map or, at least, that section of the map.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Kappes Buur wrote:
Devianteist wrote:Anybody know what might be going on here, and/or how to fix it?
While the polyobject code is quite reliable, I must surmise that the problem is with the map construction itself.
However, it is not easy to tell from your screenshot what has gone wrong. More information would be helpful,
such as a screenshot of that section of the map, telling us what format the map is in, etc, something like this
Spoiler:
The best, of course, would be to upload the map or, at least, that section of the map.
I should have done that in the first place. I'll get around to it soon.

Format is UDMF, as a forward.
ReedtheStrange

Post by ReedtheStrange »

I know this may be messy and difficult, but would it be possible to add drawing in 3D mode? And maybe even vertical drawing that edits similar to a 3D modeling program, but just automatically creates 3D sectors and with dummy sectors with adjusted slopes instead (Because obviously, ZDoom/GZDoom doesn't process level geometry that way). Almost like faking Quake 1's style of level editing. I totally understand if that sounds like too much of a pain in the ass though.

Also, nice textures Devianteist. Those look pretty damn cool!
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

ReedtheStrange wrote:.... but just automatically creates 3D sectors and with dummy sectors with adjusted slopes instead....
Are you thinking of something like boris's GZDB plugin: 3D floor mode?
auratoostronk
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by auratoostronk »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote: Secondly: I'm probably missing something simple, but for some reason my models don't show up in the Builder. They are in a pk3, which is added in the game config (all the paths are correct, I also use custom configurations for my wads). They show up in the game just fine, but not in the program.
I am having the same issue. I created a model with blender, used an export to md3 script, and put it in a pk3. I have the modeldef file and the actor's definition and when I look at the model in visual mode, it shows up. But when I run the game, the model appears as a red diamond with a yellow "!", as if it the decorate id is incorrect.

I also had another issue with models, where the model showed up in-game but only parts of it showed up in GZDB. These models I didn't make, but were tree models (md2) from Hexen II and JK3.

It might be a problem with my gzdoom version, which is 2.0.05, but either way, I'll take any help I can get.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Sorry, can't help without some examples of these issues to look at.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by phantombeta »

Nickthestud wrote:
Jekyll Grim Payne wrote: Secondly: I'm probably missing something simple, but for some reason my models don't show up in the Builder. They are in a pk3, which is added in the game config (all the paths are correct, I also use custom configurations for my wads). They show up in the game just fine, but not in the program.
I am having the same issue. I created a model with blender, used an export to md3 script, and put it in a pk3. I have the modeldef file and the actor's definition and when I look at the model in visual mode, it shows up. But when I run the game, the model appears as a red diamond with a yellow "!", as if it the decorate id is incorrect.

I also had another issue with models, where the model showed up in-game but only parts of it showed up in GZDB. These models I didn't make, but were tree models (md2) from Hexen II and JK3.

It might be a problem with my gzdoom version, which is 2.0.05, but either way, I'll take any help I can get.
This might be a problem with how your mod is set up...
The sprite names you put into MODELDEF must exist, or GZDoom thinks the actor has no sprites and doesn't spawn it...
ReedtheStrange

Post by ReedtheStrange »

Kappes Buur wrote:
ReedtheStrange wrote:.... but just automatically creates 3D sectors and with dummy sectors with adjusted slopes instead....
Are you thinking of something like boris's GZDB plugin: 3D floor mode?
Damn! That does seem pretty cool, but it keeps crashing when I use it.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

abbuw also has a problem with the plugin
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 45#p851999

I downloaded ThreeDFloorMode-v0.1.0.zip and it crashes for me too.
See http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 45#p853140
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
blood

Post by blood »

Is there a way to show the sprites from a .pk3 file in GZdoomBuilder ? Because it doesn't work at all.

Also I've edit a lot of stuff in the configuration is there a way to keep them unchanged when updating GZdoomBuilder ?
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

I have a question:
Is it possible to have multiple resource-configurations for one game-type? For my project, I need 5 resource-files. Since always selecting them when loading a map is quite obnoxius, I went to game-configurations and selected those for GZDoom: Doom2 UDMF. Now, I can't do anything else with that gametype, because they always get loaded. And constantly de- and selecting those in game-configurations isn't too neat, either.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

blood wrote:Is there a way to show the sprites from a .pk3 file in GZdoomBuilder ? Because it doesn't work at all.
Make sure sprites are in the "sprites" folder in your pk3.
blood wrote:Also I've edit a lot of stuff in the configuration is there a way to keep them unchanged when updating GZdoomBuilder?
No. If their filenames match with the ones shipped with GZDB they will be overwritten.
TheBadHustlex wrote:Is it possible to have multiple resource-configurations for one game-type?

Yes.
1. Make a copy of the main configuration file (for example, "Configurations\GZDoom_DoomUDMF.cfg") and give it a different filename.
2. Open it in a text editor and rename the "game" property.
3. In GZDB, open Preferences and setup/enable your new configuration.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

MaxED, you should make some kind of place available where people can donate money for your tremendous work on GZDoomBuilder, really :P The speed, quality and support-level is better than many professional programmers out there

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”