GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Blue Shadow

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by Blue Shadow »

This is awesome!
Dortold

Post by Dortold »

Holy mother of God... Great work. :wub:

EDIT (potential bug): Just copied the latest SVN to my GZDoom Builder folder. Everything major works fine, but hitting "Shift+W" to 'show floors texture' also triggers 'GZDB Visual Mode' which is bound to "W" on the keyboard.

It sounds suspiciously like something on my end, but I don't have my Capslock on, or my shift key stuck, or anything else bound to either shortcut, so I just thought I'd mention it. Curious little problem, but it's not an inconvenience to me as I just changed GZDB Visual Mode to "Q."
Nash

Post by Nash »

And this just keeps getting better and better. The extended tag support is amazing! Thanks again MaxEd. Great work1
Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt »

Resetting texture offsets in visual mode (shift + r) doesn't seem to work.
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Okay, this is something I have wanted for a hell of a long time, and I figure now's as good a time to request it as any: can we get a function that automatically copies used textures from external resources into your WAD? It's really irritating that I can load up all these texture packs while I'm working, but once my map is done I have to go into SLADE3 and manually copy textures one by one from three different WADs, every once in a while pausing to go back and check on which ones I actually need. Some sort of like... "Build WAD" function or something.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Combinebobnt wrote:Resetting texture offsets in visual mode (shift + r) doesn't seem to work.
Fixed in r1725 (was broken in Doom/Hexen map formats).
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Dortold wrote:Everything major works fine, but hitting "Shift+W" to 'show floors texture' also triggers 'GZDB Visual Mode' which is bound to "W" on the keyboard.
"Shift" key is now used as a modifier key in "GZDB Visual Mode" action (it is used to control whether to take selection to/from Visual mode), so if GZDB Visual Mode is bound to "W" key, you can't bind another action to "Shift+W", and if there's already an action bound to that key combination, it will be ignored.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:Okay, this is something I have wanted for a hell of a long time, and I figure now's as good a time to request it as any: can we get a function that automatically copies used textures from external resources into your WAD? It's really irritating that I can load up all these texture packs while I'm working, but once my map is done I have to go into SLADE3 and manually copy textures one by one from three different WADs, every once in a while pausing to go back and check on which ones I actually need. Some sort of like... "Build WAD" function or something.
1. Doom Builder is not a lump management tool. Probably you should redirect this feature request to SLADE3 devs.
2. Implementing this feature can become TERRIBLY complicated when TEXTUREx and TEXTURES come into play...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

MaxED wrote:2. Implementing this feature can become TERRIBLY complicated when TEXTUREx and TEXTURES come into play...
Plus there is awareness of animations and switches and possibly even texture/flat changes via ACS.

Of course, all that complexity is one of the reasons why people want such a tool. ;)
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Another request :)

The toolbar is being populated with a lot of icons, so that it will no longer fit a 15.6" screen.
Could it be made that the toolbar splits into two rows, when the first row is filled up when in full screen or windowed, or break it up as shown

or maybe even dragged to the left or right side of the screen
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

When I create a new map, right away I have 4 warnings (see bottom right of previous image), because of this

When I close this window, the warnings go to 0.
Just thought I should mention it.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Newsflash! (r1726)

Selected sectors (or the whole map, if no sectors are selected) can now be exported to Wavefront .obj model.
gzdb_objExport.jpg
gzdb_objExport.jpg (26.17 KiB) Viewed 510 times
gzdb_exportSettings.jpg
modo_map01.jpg
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

As a result, you can now do things like that easily :)
Screenshot_Doom_20130309_040128.jpg
printz

Post by printz »

So you can also import model files? Cool, this may be what I wanted for GZDoom. Is Blender (or another free tool) supported?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Pardon me for the stupid question but I don't get how this would enhance the GZDoom mapping pipeline. What's the purpose of exporting the map into an OBJ?

About the only usefulness I can think of is that you can edit the map to have crazy shapes and reimport it back into GZDoom as an MD3 but:

1) What about collision with regards to the crazy shapes?
2) MD3 polygon limit
3) Level geometry visibility culling?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”