GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
doomquake777

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by doomquake777 »

Any reason why my Norton Antivirus keeps deleteing CommentsPanel.dll? It keeps saying that it isn't safe.
Numnzel

Post by Numnzel »

doomquake777 wrote:Any reason why my Norton Antivirus keeps deleteing CommentsPanel.dll? It keeps saying that it isn't safe.
Mark it as exception if you have problems. Im sure the antivirus can do it.
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

Numnzel wrote: Mark it as exception if you have problems. Im sure the antivirus can do it.
What is the function of that DLL?
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

doomquake777 wrote:What is the function of that DLL?
http://doombuilder.com/index.php?p=plugins
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. :)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Checked CommentsPannel.dll from my development build, and one from the latest SVN build (r1715) on virustotal. I'm kinda curious what makes Norton think there's a virus...
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

MaxED wrote:Checked CommentsPannel.dll from my development build, and one from the latest SVN build (r1715) on virustotal. I'm kinda curious what makes Norton think there's a virus...
It appears Norton is only deleting the file because a small number of its users have the file, so it is deleting the file as a precaution.
Numnzel

Post by Numnzel »

MaxED, another question... You know the horizontal and vertical lines, his textures have different brightness, (horizontal lines more darker and vertical more brighter) and I don't like this effect in-game. In what conditions these effect appears and how I can disable it?

EDIT:

And I have another feature idea, for example when you are searching textures and you want a texture with size A x B, or textures with size > C, etc... you know? Some type of filter for search.
Last edited by Numnzel on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoomerMrT

Post by DoomerMrT »

http://www.speedyshare.com/JFRfC/freeze.zip

This makes GZDB freeze and eat up CPU (probably vanilla DB2 chokes on it too).

Reproduce: Go into 3D mode and try to move the ceiling of the small sectors.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Numnzel wrote:MaxED, another question... You know the horizontal and vertical lines, his textures have different brightness, (horizontal lines more darker and vertical more brighter) and I don't like this effect in-game. In what conditions these effect appears and how I can disable it?
[wiki]Fake contrast[/wiki].
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

doomquake777 wrote:
MaxED wrote:Checked CommentsPannel.dll from my development build, and one from the latest SVN build (r1715) on virustotal. I'm kinda curious what makes Norton think there's a virus...
It appears Norton is only deleting the file because a small number of its users have the file, so it is deleting the file as a precaution.

Thankfully I don't use Norton AV but if it did stuff like that to me, I'd uninstall it - just as a precaution. Any AV tool that deletes harmless files without asking is not useful.
Numnzel

Post by Numnzel »

Gez wrote:
Numnzel wrote:MaxED, another question... You know the horizontal and vertical lines, his textures have different brightness, (horizontal lines more darker and vertical more brighter) and I don't like this effect in-game. In what conditions these effect appears and how I can disable it?
[wiki]Fake contrast[/wiki].
Thanks!
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

I downloaded this plugin from the link and added it to the plugins folder and Norton hasn't deleted it. I even told Norton to scan it and it said there were no threats.
mallo

Post by mallo »

It happens when I try to run UDMF maps in GZDB. I tried both the version from first post and SVN build. What should I do?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I don't know if it's relevant to this problem or not but you are running GZDoom but for some reason zdoom.pk3 is being loaded instead of/as well as gzdoom.pk3.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”