GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
camaxide

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Post by camaxide »

Not sure if this relates to the other sector bugs that currently exists - but when I add vertexes to a sloped sector it seem to get deleted way more often than if its not sloped.. not sure how it may relate though
Siberian Tiger
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Siberian Tiger »

MaxED wrote:
Tormentor667 wrote:Add name to the ambient sound thing.
Added.

Thank you so much for adding this in!
WOO.png
Sandro

Post by Sandro »

camaxide wrote:Does this also happen if you first mark the upper textures (not the lower) then does the same command?
Oh my, you're right ! I didn't even noticed that, my bad. I always use auto-align without marking any texture, it's kind of pointless because it changes nothing (well, it seems not exactly in this case, but was it intentional?)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

If you have something selected, Auto-aligning will be applied only to selection.
Sandro

Post by Sandro »

MaxED wrote:If you have something selected, Auto-aligning will be applied only to selection.
I mean, is it normal that auto-aligning applies to both upper & lower texture when nothing is selected? If so, my mistake then!
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Yes. The logic doesn't check if sidedef parts overlap on Y axis.
camaxide

Post by camaxide »

I've mostly used text to explain some requests which I'm sure wasn't too easy to quite catch what I even meant, so I'll add some images :)

* Arrows on sector tag

The arrows on sector's tag is excellent now, but it's not showing up when defining it for the trigger - only on the host - it would be very nice to have it at both.
Spoiler:
* Custom keys

Editing the files to add custom keys does not quite work since any new update wipes those files, I still think adding a simple comment only to key numbers above the normal keys (only custom keys) would be an excellent way to make this work:
Spoiler:
* Decal names

Just like the ambient sounds now got their names added to the editor, it would be nice to see decals go the same way :)
Spoiler:
This would give D3BloodSplat2 as name for the following decal for instance
Spoiler:
*Brightness Mode

Not sure if a different 'mode' is needed - but it would be nice to be able to have the same control when adjusting brightness as in the old Doom Builder, from having used the new gzdoom builder for some weeks now I can still say that Brightness was a breeze in the old Doom Builder with the mode that is no longer present.

The old Brightness mode would hide all things, hide the red highlight inside sectors (only lines was highlight), hide the grid inside sectors. - and when adjusting brightness up/down on selected sectors the center of each sector would show the current value each sector was on. Combined this let you have both a good visual of the brightness inside the sectors with no clutter, as well as giving you the values for the sector brightness just when you need it.
Spoiler:
My suggestion would be to A: make a brightness-mode like before, just with the new and better binds - and in that mode sector-highlight, grid and things are off.
or B: simply make these features automatically trigger when using ctrl+scroll to change brightness values. Clicking cltr+scroll would auto-hide the highlight inside the sectors and leave only the lines, it would hide things and grid as well, and it would display the brightness value inside the selected sectors.

B seem the better way to me since less modes are nice - but I'm a mapper, not a coder - so I dunno what technical difficulties each method would introduce.

Either way, currently you can have tag's visible for all sectors (in the center of every sector) - it would be nice to be able to change that to display brightness value instead. I guess a drop-down box could be introduced that let you chose 'none', 'tag', 'brightness', 'floor-height', 'ceiling-height', etc. would be quite handy - and people would use the thing they need - myself I never use the 'tag' value displayed on all sectors for instance.
Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Hellser wrote:When adding and moving a vertex, sometimes the sector becomes 'void' and I have to make it a new sector (and thus, going back in, adjusting missing textures and what not..)
I found another issue, it might be related to this unresolved issue above. ^
But I'm not sure if it is intentional, again:

1) Create a sector.
2) Make two smaller ones inside (so their linedefs are 2-sided), it doesn't matter where they are.
3) Join them (but do not merge them of course).
4) Go to linedef mode, select all the linedefs of one of the two sectors (so if you made two squares, you should have selected only 4 linedefs).
5) Copy them, and paste them wherever you want.
6) Here you go. The linedefs become 1-sided and the supposed sector disappear in the emptiness of the map.

I also noticed that when playing with copy/paste control, with only parts of joined sectors, if I try to move a vertex sometimes the sector disappear too...

Thoughts? :?
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

It's interesting how various systems are affected in slightly different ways.

For me it works like this:
copy/pasting the joined sectors does not attach default linedef textures.
copy/pasting the linedefs of one of the pasted joined sectors does not create a viable sector.
(however, in both cases this is corrected through Make Sectors Mode)

which is, as far as I can determine, default behaviour as far back as r2002.
However, in r1702, the last step does produce a viable sector.
illuknisaa

Post by illuknisaa »

Hellser wrote:Boom in Doom bug:

When adding and moving a vertex, sometimes the sector becomes 'void' and I have to make it a new sector (and thus, going back in, adjusting missing textures and what not..)

Before

After

Note: This doesn't happen with all sectors, it seems to be random.
I'm not sure if this is related but

1. Make a square sector (one with 4 vertices)
2. Half the sector with one line (horizontally). Now you have two sectors with line going through them. (6 vertices)
3. Move one middle vertices to one of the corners of the bottom sector (you merge one vertex so you get 5 vertices)
4.Get a void sector.

I'm fairly sure this didn't happen before. I think one of the patches released few weeks ago did this (it mentioned fixing some geometry merging bugs).
I'm using udmf.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

GZDB r2637 deletes middle textures from 2-sided linedefs when dragging, or resizing them (but not when splitting).
A button like "revert to previous version" would be awesome.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

[ recent versions ]

Pressing the ESC key not longer quits the drawing modes.
boris

Post by boris »

Kappes Buur wrote:[ recent versions ]

Only happens when continuous drawing is enabled.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Apparently GZDB now locks the currently opened file. Working on same WAD with SLADE and GZDB is no longer possible; SLADE reports "Unable to open file for writing".

edit: In fact, this happens with older revisions as well now, not quite sure if it's me or GZDB. Can anyone confirm?..
edit x2: Seems like this happens at least since r2607, the last build available on DRDTeam website. Tested with r2225 (one of the really old builds I still have here), SLADE and GZDB don't conflict, which means it's not my OS or SLADE.

I don't have a C# compiler setup here, so it's somewhat hard for me to locate the regression commit precisely, sorry.

edit x3: Apparently, when not touching GZDB for a bit (like an hour?) the lock goes away on its own, then reactivates once you save the map... o_O
Last edited by ZZYZX on Sat May 28, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

boris wrote:
Kappes Buur wrote:[ recent versions ]
Only happens when continuous drawing is enabled.
Ah, something new to get used to.
Thank you for pointing this out. Image

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”