GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
XanderK9
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by XanderK9 »

pmc wrote:
Spoiler:
1. Use this instead: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/downloa ... aspx?id=35
2. The drivers that Windows provide by default are not the latest version and may lack certain essential components. Go to http://support.amd.com/en-us/download to get them.

Even if dxdiag says everything is fine, it doesn't mean the current version of the files of DirectX 9 (if they are even there) will work with the software you are trying to run.
Last edited by XanderK9 on Wed May 27, 2015 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

pmc wrote:Image
I'm running Windows 8
dx9.png
I'm running Windows 7
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Curious... I've tested dxwebsetup.exe downloaded from microsoft.com on my Windows 8.1 VM, and it displays the same message pmc got. Then I've tested the dxwebsetup.exe bundled with GZDB setup (also available in Prerequisites.7z at DRDTeam), and it worked just fine...
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Even thinking about installing DirectX on Windows 8 should be prohibited. It's already there with the OS itself. D3D9 is ancient, every Windows since Vista already has it upon install.
XanderK9

Post by XanderK9 »

MaxED wrote:Curious... I've tested dxwebsetup.exe downloaded from microsoft.com on my Windows 8.1 VM, and it displays the same message pmc got. Then I've tested the dxwebsetup.exe bundled with GZDB setup (also available in Prerequisites.7z at DRDTeam), and it worked just fine...
Because that's an older version of the web installer. The newer one is this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/downloa ... aspx?id=35
Graf Zahl wrote:Even thinking about installing DirectX on Windows 8 should be prohibited. It's already there with the OS itself. D3D9 is ancient, every Windows since Vista already has it upon install.
I would have thought that as well, but even back to Vista, the latest version of DirectX 9 components weren't there by default (especially since the latest runtime is June 2010, if I'm not mistaken) and I usually had to run the web installer to make some software to work properly. It's usually not a problem because plenty of software and games are including redistributable packages of DirectX of the required version in their installer or as a complement, just like what they did with Visual C++ packages.
pmc

Post by pmc »

AMD's autodetect downloads something to your computer and then that installs the drivers, right? my internet inexplicably crapped out right near the end but it said it was done, and now opening the autodetect says that I've got the latest drivers

as for Xander's DX download, it initializes for a few seconds and then says this

also the dotnetfx35setup in Prerequisites.7z doesn't open at all for some reason
XanderK9

Post by XanderK9 »

If you go in AMD's Catalyst control panel, Is the version of the software is actually 14.12?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Even with the newer devs i'm still getting the mscorlib crash, it's getting really annoying
Seems to work fine without any pk3 loaded, but when i load my golden souls 2 pk3, bam after some switching between modes it crashes when going in the visual editor.And i'm sure it's not a corrupted pk3 since i loaded a very old version of it and it does the same thing
pmc

Post by pmc »

XanderK9 wrote:If you go in AMD's Catalyst control panel, Is the version of the software is actually 14.12?
doesn't look like it, assuming this is what you mean
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by phantombeta »

pmc wrote:I'm running Windows 8
For what exact reason are you not running 8.1?
pmc

Post by pmc »

phantombeta wrote:
pmc wrote:I'm running Windows 8
For what exact reason are you not running 8.1?
just checked. turns out I was wrong, I've got 8.1
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Batandy wrote:Even with the newer devs i'm still getting the mscorlib crash, it's getting really annoying
Seems to work fine without any pk3 loaded, but when i load my golden souls 2 pk3, bam after some switching between modes it crashes when going in the visual editor.And i'm sure it's not a corrupted pk3 since i loaded a very old version of it and it does the same thing
I was unable to reproduce your issue (which seem to manifest itself in various forms (stack trace on your screenshot is different from the one you posted earlier) and various languages). Either it envolves something more specific than "some switching between modes" or one has to do that for more than 5 minutes...
I've made some changes, which may or may not fix it, so download R2316, replace Builder.exe with this one and check if the issue is still there.
Overwatch-C-17

Post by Overwatch-C-17 »

@MaxEd
Hello, I've encountered not always but sometimes happen bug. See the screenshot below:
Spoiler:
This happen when I check for Map Issues
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Probably fixed in R2318...
Overwatch-C-17

Post by Overwatch-C-17 »

MaxED wrote:Probably fixed in R2318...
Is my screenshot showed up? cuz I'm worried if its not

and btw, thanks for fixing the issue. It really annoying me while editing the map then force me to quit.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”