GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
MaxED

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by MaxED »

Newsflash! (r2041)
1. Split Linedef Edit Form into 2 versions: one for Doom/Hexen, and the other for UDMF map format.
Spoiler:
2. Linedef Edit Form, UDMF: added less annoying warning about missing activation flags (no checks if an action actually requires activation yet...)
Spoiler:
3. Flags Form: added special handling for flag with zero value (mostly to handle "Vavoom" 3d floor flag properly).

So, ummm... let me know how this stuff works and how many things I broke this time :)

Download GZDoom_Builder-r2041.7z
Numnzel

Post by Numnzel »

Hey MaxED, what do you think about modify the editable verticles shape in visual mode? I say this because i'm actually trying to make with good quality something like a breaked glass tube, and it's going to be a bit... Well... Better watch the images:
Spoiler:
If the visual verticles where more like a needle, maybe they won't mix themselves. Something like this i'm thinking:
Spoiler:
What do you think?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

I think I would've used a model or some specifically crafted broken glass texture in this case.

Anyway, added "Vertex scale (3D)" preferences option in r2043:
Spoiler:
Download GZDoom_Builder-r2043.7z
Numnzel

Post by Numnzel »

Thanks Max. You're on fire! :wink:

EDIT: Crash turning to the editor after testing my map.
Spoiler:
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

May be related to what happened to Numnzel.

[ crash with r2043 r2044 r2045 ] with DiH or UDMF format maps.

I load the map into the editor.
this may be omitted --> Then I play the map via F9. Then I close the map to return to editor. Everything is okay.

Then I inspect the map with GZDB Visual Mode. Then I return to the editor. Everything is okay.
Then I play the map via F9. I close it to return to editor. I do anything with mouse or keyboard, the crash happens.
Attachments
GZCrash.txt
(12.89 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Dang it! It crashes on my side when I debug using Retail DX9 runtime, but works fine in Debug DX9 runtime...
EDIT: and now it just works fine, even after returninig all the settings to their default values in the DirectX Control Panel...

EDIT 2: Ok, I found the exact steps required to reproduce the issue:
1. Open a map.
2. Switch to Visual mode and back.
3. Test the map using either F9 or a toolbar button.
4. Minimize then maximize the GZDB window.

Also, looks like this issue appeared after r2041.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

The issue should be fixed in r2047.
Changes since r2043:
1. Sidedef texture offsets are now translated when pasting map elements from UDMF to non-UDMF maps.
2. Fixed a crash when trying to update a vertex handle geometry.
3. Fixed: the editor will fail more gracefully when no D3D device is detected.
4. Fixed: in some cases the editor was constantly checking D3D device availability when minimized.
5. Fixed: certain UDMF-only properties were not cleared when pasting map elements from UDMF to non-UDMF maps.
6. Fixed a bug introduced in r2043: helper objects were not updated in some cases.
7. Updated Hexen_linedefs.cfg and ZDoom_linedefs.cfg.

Download GZDoom_Builder-r2047.7z
Nash

Post by Nash »

I had an idea last night, I'm just putting it here so it doesn't get forgotten... not even sure if this is possible, but I guess it won't hurt to talk about it. :P

Apply custom actions. Basically, you would be able to select sectors or linedefs and apply presets. User customizable too, so mod authors can save action presets and distribute their files for others to use. For example, "make door" on sectors (the existing make door function would be migrated to this new system), "make glass" on lines... etc. Technically, it just saves to a file the things that are applicable to a sector or line, like texture, action specials, triggers... etc... and you can "batch apply" them repeatedly and easily.

Hope this made sense, it's 2:34 AM here LOL
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Kind of like paragraph style presets in a word processor? I'd certainly dig that.

8-)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

You can choose, which properties to paste using "Paste Properties" action, so it's kinda half-implemented already.
Spoiler:
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I remember reading about a prefab system way back in DB2, but I haven't heard much of anything about it since. Anyone know much about it?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

It's still there. What do you want to know?
gzdb_prefabs.jpg
gzdb_prefabs.jpg (20.82 KiB) Viewed 403 times
Numnzel

Post by Numnzel »

More ideas. =D

What do you think about implementing a function for center a texture in the middle of a wall?

I mean, when I press the reset offsets in a wall, the texture starts drawing at the left point of the line. (0,0 offsets)
That's fine in almost every case. But what if I need that texture starting from the right or even the center of the line?

I'm not sure if I've explained correctly. I can draw an image if you don't understand the concept.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

MaxED wrote:It's still there. What do you want to know?
Does it only work with geometry, or can you have anything in it? Also, does it support the whole UDMF feature range? I would also wonder about the possibility of a nicer interface (E.G. prefab browser) in the future.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

NeuralStunner wrote:can you have anything in it?
Yes, you can.
NeuralStunner wrote:Also, does it support the whole UDMF feature range?
Yes, it does.
NeuralStunner wrote:I would also wonder about the possibility of a nicer interface (E.G. prefab browser) in the future.
I thought about this several times, but:
1. It would require placing prefabs in a special folder (current implementation allows you to save prefabs anywhere you want).
2. Nobody ever asked for this, because nobody seems to use them.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”