GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Accensus

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Post by Accensus »

Error: It happens when I reload resources after having defined a 3D model. At first I thought the model itself was crap, so I took the Tracer model from BD and wrote a MODELDEF entry around it. Unfortunately, the error persists, despite having done nothing wrong, as far as I can tell.

From what I can see, the Path is missing, but the wiki clearly states that it's optional. Source:
http://zdoom.org/wiki/MODELDEF
Path to model file in the ZIP/PK3. This parameter is entirely optional, its reason for existence is to avoid repeated typing of the path if it is used for the model itself and several skins. This will just get prepended to the specified names, so if it is left out, the ZIP/PK3's root will be used and all paths to the files have to be fully given with their respective properties.
Spoiler: Log
Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Bug : See the link below. Select three continuous horizontal lines of the three sectors inside the box. (Notice that two of them are joined) If you move them anyhow, the joined sectors will split. It works in both three modes...
Attachments
TEST.wad
Sorry for the scale..
(3.83 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Lud wrote:Error: It happens when I reload resources after having defined a 3D model.
Fixed.
Sandro wrote:Bug: Select three continuous horizontal lines of the three sectors inside the box. (Notice that two of them are joined) If you move them anyhow, the joined sectors will split. It works in both three modes...
1. This doesn't happen if you select "Merge dragged vertices" drag mode.
2. The other 2 modes are based on code ported form Slade 3. If you want current behaviour changed, consider creating a bug report at Slade 3 issue tracker.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

MaxED wrote:Fixed.
Partially. Now it says "Error while loading "shipper.md3": unable to find file.", even though the file is in the root folder. Not GZDB.

EDIT: Could all these problems be because I am working with a .wad instead of .pk3? The file extension is missing in the root dir due to wad-ism.
Last edited by Accensus on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandro

Post by Sandro »

MaxED wrote:1. This doesn't happen if you select "Merge dragged vertices" drag mode.
2. The other 2 modes are based on code ported form Slade 3. If you want current behaviour changed, consider creating a bug report at Slade 3 issue tracker.
Oh sorry, my bad...
Gez

Post by Gez »

Lud wrote:EDIT: Could all these problems be because I am working with a .wad instead of .pk3?
Definitely. All the model support code in GZDoom assumes a zip (or at least a hierarchical archive; it could be a Quake .pak if you really want).
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Well, that explains it. Thank you, Gez! :)
arookas

Post by arookas »

MaxED wrote:
Arookas wrote:I would love, however, for floor/ceiling alignment modes to snap to map vertices like other modes.
Check "GZDoom Builder manual" -> "Features" -> "GZDB Visual mode" -> "Using 'Auto-align textures' actions on floors and ceilings" manual topic.
Wow, that's amazing! (I also found out about the texture fitting modes for sidedefs :shock: ) Would it be possible to add brightess/contrast settings to visual mode? I tend to play with low brightness, high contrast and my dynamic lights aren't corresponding with their look in game.
Versus

Post by Versus »

MaxED wrote:
Versus wrote:I want to save a UDMF map to old WAD type.
Load a map, then open Map options (F2) and change game configuration to a one, which uses Doom map format. Doing this will convert the map to Doom map format, but it won't convert the action specials.
Thank you!
Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xeotroid »

Would it be possible to add a feature where you can rearrange tabs in Script Editor, similarly to web browsers? Right now the only way is to load files in a certain order but even then you can't have any files open left to SCRIPTS or DIALOGUE files.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Am I dumb or USEACTORPITCH/ROLL are wrongly displayed on recently builds of GZDBuilder?

[EDIT]: I am dumb. :D
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

BTW MaxED, what do you think of this issue we had so far?
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

So in UDMF I make a door right, and I've never had a problem with doors before, but now it wants to act up and the only way I can get it to work is if I use ACS to raise the ceiling and then close the door. What the hell! When I use Door_Generic, Door_Open, or Door_OpenWaitClose, I get the same result, the door goes down instead of up. Any suggestions?
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

If it goes down, then there's space below it. Obviously. I'd say 4 pixels.
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

ZZYZX wrote:If it goes down, then there's space below it. Obviously. I'd say 4 pixels.
I had already made sure that wasn't the issue.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”