GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
MaxED

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14. SERIOUS BUG WARNING ON PAGE 130

Post by MaxED »

Newsflash! (r1986)
1. Action Browser form: keyboard focus is now set to Filter text box by default.
2. Added "Reset" button to Tag selector control.
3. Visual mode: some parts of 3d floor were shown even when it was above real ceiling/below real floor.
4. Visual mode: real floor was colored by 3d floor's color even when 3d floor was below real floor.
5. Updated Zandronum compiler.

Download GZDoom_Builder-r1986.7z
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Newsflash! (r1987)
1. Sectors mode: things inside of selected sectors can be moved when dragging sectors. This behavior can be toggled by the new button on Sectors mode's toolbar.
drag_things.jpg
drag_things.jpg (3.73 KiB) Viewed 580 times
When enabled, all things inside of selected sectors will be dragged when dragging sectors. Otherwise, selected things will be dragged.
2. Sectors mode: changed Alt-key handling, because old behaviour (select things inside of selected sector) was clashing with the new one (enable "snap to grid increment" mode). Now it only enables "snap to grid increment" mode.
3. Things mode: "snap to grid increment" mode (Alt key while dragging things) now works in this mode.

Download GZDoom_Builder-r1987.7z
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Important Publical Announcement (yeah, another one):
I won't be available for the next two weeks. Feel free to post bug reports/feature requests, but don't expect them to be fixed/added till then...
Nash

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by Nash »

Drag Things with sectors is ultra useful! Thank you MaxED!!!
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Newsflash! (r1991)
1. When several map elements are selected, you can set a tag range by entering "++N" or "--N" as a tag.
Example:
Spoiler:
Warning: setting tag ranges this way doesn't check if tags being set are already used in the map. If you need that functionality, set tag ranges using the Tag Range plugin.

2. Thing, Linedef, Sector Edit forms: in some cases flags were set to "enabled" state when they should have been set to "mixed" state when editing multiple map elements.
3. Prefabs parsing was broken.
4. Some game configuration settings were not removed from GZBuilder.cfg after removing them in the Game Configurations form (namely, deletion of texture sets, test engines or linedef color presets was not actually removing them from the config file).

Download GZDoom_Builder-r1991.7z
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

[feature request]

When GZDoom Builder starts up, the version is displayed in the top left corner:

Is there a way to retain the version display when the editor window comes up?
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Something needs to be changed about the sector light value. It's capped at 0-255, despite the possible values being -32768 to 32767 (it's stored as a signed short). Vanilla maps tend to use this to "delay" light glow effects, and value 256 is actually visibly different from 255 (it has a notable effect on fake contrast).

Removing this cap would be great.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Though I would say make it an option. It's nice to have the luxury of limited light values when you're doing lighting proper. Though definitely make the cap 256 instead of 255.
Siberian Tiger
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Siberian Tiger »

MaxED, you don't need to worry about releasing the SVN Builds anymore, I have settled down now and I have finally moved to another location. Just an FYI, unless you prefer to have another mirror?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Changed in r1992:
Sector Edit Form: negative brightness can now be entered (this changes possible brightness values from 0..32767 to -32768..32767).
Doom_misc.cfg, ZDoom_misc.cfg: changed the highest "sectorbrightness" value to 256 (was 255).
Kappes Buur wrote:Is there a way to retain the version display when the editor window comes up?
Certainly, this can be easily done, but I personally don't like when programs dump too much stuff there. I mean, it can be helpful only if you have several different GZDB builds open at the same time, and usually that's not an ordinary editing situation (at least, I suppose so).
Siberian Tiger wrote:MaxED, you don't need to worry about releasing the SVN Builds anymore.
Splendid!
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

MaxED wrote:
Siberian Tiger wrote:MaxED, you don't need to worry about releasing the SVN Builds anymore.
Splendid!
Just to clarify, are build still gonna be released, just not by MaxED? Or is this moving to a different release model?

8-)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

I'm moving GZDB to "Pay to win" model. Basically it will be "the more you donate me the better maps you'll make".
Spoiler:
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Ah, I understand now, thank you :)

8-)
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

MaxED wrote:
Kappes Buur wrote:Is there a way to retain the version display when the editor window comes up?
Certainly, this can be easily done, but I personally don't like when programs dump too much stuff there. I mean, it can be helpful only if you have several different GZDB builds open at the same time, and usually that's not an ordinary editing situation (at least, I suppose so).
  • You are quite right, in itself it usually does not matter for an editing session if one knows, or not :), which version one uses.
  • I'm thinking more of the occasion when taking screenshots during the period of constructing a map, and various versions of the editor were used.
    Just for back referencing.
  • Or, when trying to help someone with overcoming a mapping problem. Especially when most mappers, still using an older version of GZDB, or worse Doombuilder2, don't realize the benefits which a new version of GZDoom Builder brings to the mapping experience.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

[feature request]

When taking screenshots with the built-in hotkeys during a mapping session, they wind up in the X:/GZDB/Screenshots folder.
It would be nice if I could specify a specific folder anywhere on a drive. Even if I had to manually enter a path in the GZBuilder.cfg or .dbs file.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”