GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ibm5155

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Post by ibm5155 »

hmm good to know.
then, my next problem is related to ACC compiler I think, because, when I compile the scripts, I don't see any error messages on screen, but, the scripts don't get updated anymore '-', it worked in a short test case, but now I'm using 10 files I think (the situation is like on a visual studio Project, where the code fails to compile, but there's no message showing the error, but the last compiled code is still there).
If someone manage to find why the code isn't showing any kind of error message but it's not updating the behavior on the map, I'll be very happy :D
here's the full code used http://www.mediafire.com/download/i2b8m ... eq/acs.zip
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Well, I fixed an error in GZDB's acc error parser (DB2/GZDB expected error messages acc.exe generates to follow a certain standard, but not all errors acc.exe generates are following it).

I also tried to fix your acc code: I've removed #import / #include directives from all files in the "acs" folder (those are not required, because they all are already #included in the main script file).
I've also tried to rearrange #includes order in the main script file to make sure everything is loaded in proper order.
Sadly, this ended in "Couldn't save object file" error from acc.exe.
I'm not Graf or Randy, so I have no clue how to fix that...

Actually, it compiles just fine.
Attachments
acs.zip
modified version of ibm5155's code
(12.19 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Last edited by MaxED on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Polymorph

Post by Polymorph »

No matter which version I try to use, whenever I try to create a new map with any combination of settings I get the error listed here: http://pastebin.com/wtkuYuvX
And the map is never created so I can't continue.

Fixed it, I figured out that for some reason the automatic installer for DirectX 9 wasn't working. Disregard my stupidity.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

MaxED wrote:Well, I fixed an error in GZDB's acc error parser (DB2/GZDB expected error messages acc.exe generates to follow a certain standard, but not all errors acc.exe generates are following it).

I also tried to fix your acc code: I've removed #import / #include directives from all files in the "acs" folder (those are not required, because they all are already #included in the main script file).
I've also tried to rearrange #includes order in the main script file to make sure everything is loaded in proper order.
many thanks MaxED, I was thinking it was required to put the #includes/#import in the "acs" files, because some of them require some atributes from others "acs" files, and gzdoom builder was complaining about it when I tried to compile that guys.
Also, in a case with multiple files like that, should I only call the compile command on the "scripts" window and not do that on the rest of the "acs" scripts? also many thanks for the fix :D
EDIT:
:O now when I click two or more times for run gzdoom it'll just run only one instance \o/ (rip gzdoom builder crash message after opening two gzdoom Windows)
smoke_th

Post by smoke_th »

http://www.zdoom.org/w/index.php?title=PolyObjects polyexample.wad from this article makes gzdoom builder crash on load.

Code: Select all

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.ZDoom.ZDTextParser.GetCurrentLineNumber() in x:\Source\Core\ZDoom\ZDTextParser.cs:line 481
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.ZDoom.ZDTextParser.ReportError(String message) in x:\Source\Core\ZDoom\ZDTextParser.cs:line 467
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.GZBuilder.GZDoom.AcsParserSE.Parse(Stream stream, String sourcefilename, List`1 configincludes, Boolean processincludes, Boolean isinclude) in x:\Source\Core\GZBuilder\GZDoom\AcsParserSE.cs:line 53
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.UpdateScriptNames() in x:\Source\Core\General\MapManager.cs:line 1917
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.UpdateScriptNames(Boolean logerrors) in x:\Source\Core\General\MapManager.cs:line 1868
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.InitializeOpenMap(String filepathname, MapOptions options) in x:\Source\Core\General\MapManager.cs:line 441
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMapFileWithOptions(String filename, MapOptions options) in x:\Source\Core\General\General.cs:line 1373
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMapFile(String filename, MapOptions options) in x:\Source\Core\General\General.cs:line 1347
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMap() in x:\Source\Core\General\General.cs:line 1229
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin() in x:\Source\Core\Actions\Action.cs:line 252
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname) in x:\Source\Core\Actions\ActionManager.cs:line 423
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e) in x:\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:line 445
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

So I found out a thing. Ever since you updated the way 3D floor lighting displays, a setup like this:
Spoiler:
...can be very bad if Sector 179 in this case has a non-power-of-2 floor texture GLDEFS Flats or Walls Glow defined for it. Because as soon as you add a dynamic light above these 3D floors and look at it in 3D mode, GZDoom Builder will crash outright with an "ERROR IN BUILDMODE" message:
Spoiler:
It may be important to note that each 3D floor has a differing light level as well.

EDIT: ...? I just tried it with a texture of the same exact resolution, and it didn't crash. I actually think it has to do with the fact that this texture uses a GLDEF Walls/Flats Glow, because if I remove it from that definition then it is fine.

Here's the problem texture for reference, in case that helps.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Fixed both issues.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hey Max, just curious if there will be a solid, non-developer version with feature freeze tagged as an official release? :D At what point would you feel GZDB to be considered stable?
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

I got an ArgumentNullException in 2432 when I tried to open an existing map. The map and files are too huge to reproduce here, but for what it's worth:

Code: Select all

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics
GZDB: R2432

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input
   at System.IO.BinaryReader..ctor(Stream input, Encoding encoding)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.ZDoom.ZDTextParser.Parse(Stream stream, String sourcefilename, Boolean clearerrors) in x:\Source\Core\ZDoom\ZDTextParser.cs:line 97
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.GZBuilder.GZDoom.AcsParserSE.Parse(Stream stream, String sourcefilename, List`1 configincludes, Boolean processincludes, Boolean isinclude) in x:\Source\Core\GZBuilder\GZDoom\AcsParserSE.cs:line 52
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.GZBuilder.GZDoom.AcsParserSE.Parse(Stream stream, String sourcefilename, Boolean processincludes, Boolean isinclude) in x:\Source\Core\GZBuilder\GZDoom\AcsParserSE.cs:line 46
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.UpdateScriptsFromLocation(AcsParserSE parser, String path) in x:\Source\Core\General\MapManager.cs:line 1966
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.GZBuilder.GZDoom.AcsParserSE.Parse(Stream stream, String sourcefilename, List`1 configincludes, Boolean processincludes, Boolean isinclude) in x:\Source\Core\GZBuilder\GZDoom\AcsParserSE.cs:line 175
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.UpdateScriptNames() in x:\Source\Core\General\MapManager.cs:line 1917
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.UpdateScriptNames(Boolean logerrors) in x:\Source\Core\General\MapManager.cs:line 1868
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.InitializeOpenMap(String filepathname, MapOptions options) in x:\Source\Core\General\MapManager.cs:line 441
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMapFileWithOptions(String filename, MapOptions options) in x:\Source\Core\General\General.cs:line 1373
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMapFile(String filename, MapOptions options) in x:\Source\Core\General\General.cs:line 1347
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.recentitem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in x:\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:line 2659
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Although things 3000, 3001 and 3002 are listed in the file Hexen_things.cfg, GZDB seems not to know about them in a Hexen map

MaxED

Post by MaxED »

MartinHowe wrote:I got an ArgumentNullException in 2432 when I tried to open an existing map.
Fixed.
Kappes Buur wrote:Although things 3000, 3001 and 3002 are listed in the file Hexen_things.cfg, GZDB seems not to know about them in a Hexen map
That's because they are deliberately removed in ZDoom_things.cfg, lines 1681-1683.
Nash wrote:At what point would you feel GZDB to be considered stable?
After a considerable amount of time without any bug reports, I guess (e.g. not now)...
boris

Post by boris »

Nash wrote:Hey Max, just curious if there will be a solid, non-developer version with feature freeze tagged as an official release?
What'd be the point of that? I'm afraid we'd just end up with people thinking they are using the latest version, but instead they are months or even years behind the current development (just as with (G)ZDoom).
Nash

Post by Nash »

I'd like to have a "production ready" release for general use that won't break with every little update (something that's happened to me a lot of times in the past). Not meaning this in a bad way; such is the nature of WIP/beta software. An analogy is how some would prefer to develop for a static, official game engine version and use official features.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

That'd be pure semantics and not improve the product.
TwinBeast

Post by TwinBeast »

I have some questions/requests...

Can the automatic texture fill/remove when splitting sectors be disabled with some option?

Can I get the 3D mode to not use the 1.2 aspect?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”