GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Post by Kappes Buur »

illuknisaa wrote:Is it possible to make vertex height gradient?
While MaxED weighs the feasability of such implemantattion you could apply progressively small height differences with the randomizer.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Can we have a bigger grid size? 1024 not big enough. I wanna make some huge and totally unrecommended stuff and 1024 grid is still too small when zoomed out. It's nothing too important to have, but why not? For the hell of it.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Protip: custom grid size is a thing.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Ahh, yea, forgot you could use that. Thanks for the reminder! Can we have longer render distance, then? Pretty sure some PCs can handle more than 9K mp.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Lud wrote:..... Can we have longer render distance, then? Pretty sure some PCs can handle more than 9K mp.
You can set viewdistance= in GZBuilder.cfg to a larger value.
Although it will not be permanent, on saving a map it will reset to 9000.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Just had a Windows crash of GZDB (not a GZDB crash itself). Here's what Windows said:

Code: Select all

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	Builder.exe
  Application Version:	2.3.0.2734
  Application Timestamp:	5818fe77
  Fault Module Name:	mscorwks.dll
  Fault Module Version:	2.0.50727.5485
  Fault Module Timestamp:	53a121fa
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	0002778d
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	0ba5
  Additional Information 2:	0ba560eb7920c91a3eab0287290cd119
  Additional Information 3:	f37c
  Additional Information 4:	f37c8927e36bfa9548c27e9fe885208a
It happened directly after entering Visual Mode after closing Doom 64 EX in the background.

I should note the map I was playing in Doom 64 EX seems to cause some kind of weird audio crackling problem that basically messes up sounds. Bringing up the menu in EX and going back in right away fixes it temporarily, but then it comes back later at random and will go away on its own at random. I narrowed this down the specific music lump that the map uses. The MIDI will occasionally lower the volume of the game somehow and cause horrific crackling. Tested in EX and GZDoom, the same MIDI lump causes it in both engines. Disabling music fixes this particular problem, so this one is a problem with the MIDI itself I suppose.
MinerOfWorlds

Post by MinerOfWorlds »

I'm not sure if this was ask yet so sorry if it was but can you add a easier way of making sliding doors like doom 64?
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Making doors is not core DB functionality. Use prefabs. If prefabs can't be used like this, perhaps request extending prefabs? But not making doors.
MinerOfWorlds

Post by MinerOfWorlds »

ZZYZX wrote:Making doors is not core DB functionality. Use prefabs. If prefabs can't be used like this, perhaps request extending prefabs? But not making doors.
Where can i get prefabs?
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

MinerOfWorlds wrote:Where can i get prefabs?
Some time ago somebody wanted to create a prefab database, but it got nowhere.

Essentially you create whatever you want to be repeatable and save it as a prefab

A search brought up this old thread http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48018 which has some words of wisdom.
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

Hey Max,

There is a pretty bad performance issue with loading maps that use high def skybox textures (e.g. 2048x2048 pngs).

This is caused by stuffing the bitmap pixel data in over a nested loop~

I have attached a patch that uses a pointer copy instead which speeds things up.

Side note: you should consider honoring the 'Render Sky' setting before pre-loading these when loading a map.
Attachments
DataManager.cs.patch.zip
patch
(951 Bytes) Downloaded 29 times
Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor »

I would just like to say that I really like the new look of the script editor in the latest GZDoom Builder. I love how it allows you to edit scripts of all types in various ranges. This saves me a lot of trips to SLADE.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication. :)
Numnzel

Post by Numnzel »

Want to comment something.

I was out some time and now that I updated gzdb to the last release (2760) I noticed (apart from the new changes) that the acs execute actions (80 or 226) doesn't show me the script that is executing, look this:
Spoiler:
It's like if I were selecting multiple actions with different scripts, but no, there's only one linedef selected and doesn't want to show me the script.

Unrelated to that, here's a crash report when I was reloading the resources, somewhat it crashed:
http://pastebin.com/S0ncyRsm
Reading the file seems it has something to do with the renderer. Strange.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Numnzel wrote:I was out some time and now that I updated gzdb to the last release (2760) I noticed that the acs execute actions (80 or 226) doesn't show me the script that is executing
Fixed.
Numnzel wrote:Unrelated to that, here's a crash report when I was reloading the resources
I've added some boilerplate to the relevant part of the code. Not sure if it fixes the issue though...
Golem09

Post by Golem09 »

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”