GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
MaxED

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by MaxED »

Kappes Buur wrote:[r1729]
Still works the same as in http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 930#p69542 if on the left hand side,
on the right hand side it seems to work all the time.
Try r1732. I've rewritten vertex deletion logic one more time.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

esselfortium wrote:I do have a couple of bug reports and some feature requests:

- The up/down arrows for floor and ceiling lighting in the sector edit dialog disregard negative values (used for relative lighting)
- Alignment for flats (possibly textures also? haven't checked) doesn't allow entering a decimal value for more precision, though it can be pasted in.
Fixed in r1732.
esselfortium wrote:...the ability to see alignment/scaling/rotation updates in realtime when they're entered in the sector edit dialog.
I've started working on this. Vertex edit form works in realtime in r1732. I know that's not the most useful form, but it was the easiest to implement :)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

esselfortium wrote:Okay, something else I've been noticing.... even after a restart, GZDB's visual mode typically runs extremely slowly for me, with frequent lockups and stutters, making turning and movement really clunky and unresponsive. It's a complex map with about 25mb of resources loaded, but my system doesn't appear to be running out of RAM or anything like that.

I've tried running it in a small window, decreasing draw distance to something pitifully short, etc., to seemingly no effect at all. Are there any hidden options or something I'm missing that might be able to speed it up to a usable point?
Well... GZDB's Visual mode was (and is) my only expierence of working with Direct3D and shaders, so I'm still quite surprised it works at all :) Disabling dynamic lights and fog should also increase performance.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Kappes Buur wrote:The StairSectorBuilder.dll plugin causes a crash
Fixed in r1732.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Blue Shadow wrote:With r1727, the "Edit Sector" form's background is colored in gray, which makes it difficult to read the what's on it for me, considering my choice of Windows theme. The other forms are fine.
Changed Edit Sector form's background color to another system color in r1732. Let's see if that helps...
mallo

Post by mallo »

I selected the sectors (like in attachment) and pressing "Stair Sector Builder Mode" generated twenty seconds of holding "Esc" due to wave of errors.
Attachments
MAP01 (edit area) at 2013-07-08 16.43.47.jpg
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Should be already fixed in r1732.
mallo

Post by mallo »

Oh. I used the 1729 because it's the newest on DRD.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Just wait for it :)
mallo

Post by mallo »

I turned Visual Mode on, the message "created comical drawing" at the bottom showed and it hanged. Then It crashed:
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : builder.exe P2 : 2.1.2.1557 P3 : 51d9d4bf
P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 5040540e P7 : 35c9 P8 : 122
P9 : system.indexoutofrangeexception
The rest was uncopiable. Not that it did something...

EDIT: It did something. I didn't saved my map then thanks God it's small part of it.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Not sure how feasible this is with GZDB's framework but I thought I'd ask.

I love how in GZDB, I can select a lot of things, tick the "random angle" button and it instantly produces a ton of natural variation. I want a similar feature for scaling objects. Since it's already possible to input user variables in their UDMF fields from inside the editor, I was thinking of storing a "scale variation" user var and then have my DECORATE actor use that user var to apply scale variation upon initial spawning.

It would be great if I could select a lot of things and then - in similar fashion to "random angle" - have GZDB assign random values to a field in UDMF. And then maybe have a popup box asking for the minimum and maximum range?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Added in r1738. To use it, change UDMF field type to "Integer (Random)" and enter value as 'min max'

Here, field 'user_test' will be added to all selected map elements, and in all of them this field will have random value from 1 to 123.
gzdb_randomint.jpg
gzdb_randomint.jpg (7.17 KiB) Viewed 812 times
This field type is kinda "virtual", because I cannot save it in a map, so this type will be converted to Integer after you click OK in the form.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Ahh that's awesome, and thanks for the fast implementation too, cheers!

I assume that once floating point user variables are implemented, it would be easy for you to add a Float (Random) field type too?

I was messing around with some DECORATE earlier and it seems the DECORATE parser does not like mixing ints (my user variable) with floats (A_SetScale)... :S

EDIT: Here's my test code. It doesn't work (grass disappears in-game) so I've commented out the stuff that doesn't work yet

Code: Select all

Actor Z_Grass_Base
{
    //var float user_scalefac; // uncomment when float user vars are in!
    //$Category Grass
    //+NOINTERACTION
    +NOBLOCKMAP
    +DONTSPLASH
    -SOLID
    //Scale 0.5
    Gravity 10.0
    States
    {
        Spawn:
            TNT1 A 0
            //TNT1 A 0 A_SetUserVar(user_scalefac, frandom(-0.50, -0.75)) // this doesn't work yet until float uservars are in //
            //TNT1 A 0 A_SetScale(1.0 + user_scalefac)
            TNT1 A 0 A_SetTics(random(1, 35))
            TNT1 A 0 A_ChangeFlag("NOINTERACTION", 1)
        Grass:
            0000 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCB 10
            Loop
    }
}

MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:I assume that once floating point user variables are implemented, it would be easy for you to add a Float (Random) field type too?
Yes, it won't be hard to add a random variant to all of Doom Builder's numeric field types. I'm not sure which ones will be usefull though (except for Decimal, I think I'll add this as well).

EDIT: added Decimal (Random) in r1739.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Newsflash! (r1740)

1. Info about current selection is now shown.
gzdb_selection_info.jpg
gzdb_selection_info.jpg (9.8 KiB) Viewed 773 times
2. Several thing types can now be selected at once in Thing Edit form. If you do so, a type randomly chosen from selected ones will be assigned to each selected thing.
Example. Let's say you have a typical slaughterwad and want to add some monster vatiety:
gzdb_multithingtype1.jpg
Select all monsters, and pick several monster types:
gzdb_multithingtype2.jpg

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”